1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I finally got out of Dallas. Time to heal.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by MattD1995, May 28, 2019.

1. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

Glad you are recovering from surgery...You’re a wise warrior Matt!

Sending healing energy your way....use your circle to help you heal

upload_2019-9-9_11-6-16.jpeg

Phosphene likes this.
  2. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Thank you for the well wishes!

I'm back home in Texas now. I was just offered a manager position at a local CBD store. The owners want me to start in 2 weeks after I've had a little more time to heal from surgery. I'm pretty damn excited about the opportunity. My hours will be 10 am-8 pm which will leave me plenty of time in the morning for CT + morning sunlight.

Healing from surgery is going well. The incisions are still a bit sore, but I'm managing well. I've seen a noticeable improvement in my joint and muscle pain. My sleep also seems to be getting better. Prior to surgery, it took me 3 X 25 mg seroquel to even get 4 hours of sleep. Post-surgery, I managed to get a full 6 hours last night from half of a sleep aid. My goal is to be sleeping without any medication or OTC pills by Thanksgiving.

My daily plan right now:
    1) Salmon or oysters in the morning as I watch the sun rise.
    2) RO water throughout the day + Redmond's salt (3-5 teaspoons)
    3) A swim in my pool during mid afternoon to cool off and soak up some vitamin D.

Seafood seems to be providing me the most immediate benefits right now in regards to how I feel. Within minutes of eating salmon or oysters, I usually get noticeable clarity of mind. Jack has mentioned before in the linkedin article he wrote on ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia that these diseases are primarily a result of electron deficiency and that DHA is huge part in healing.

I have no regrets about the surgery at this point. Even though the only noticeable improvement I've seen is muscle/joint pain, I must say I feel less agitated and stressed than I did prior to surgery. Maybe it's just relief that the surgery is done? Maybe my brain is beginning to actually heal now that the mesh is removed? I'm not quite sure. Only time will tell. However, I have spoken with several people on the MESH Facebook groups who told me that they didn't experience improvement until 2-3 months post-removal. All I can do at this point is wait and see as I continue to focus on the small, daily habits that will rebuild my redox.

Phosphene and 5G Canary like this.
  3. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

I’m not sure why, but since I had surgery 10 days ago, I’ve been re-reading many of Jack’s posts, blog posts, and comments and they’re all suddenly clicking on a much deeper level. The importance of dopamine and bluelight blocking, the non-linear effects of morning sunlight on the pituitary, the effects of CT and grounding on magnetism... Jack left a comment about Carnot in relation to mitochondria on a post I made back in December. At the time, the post was total Greek to me. I was a bit frustrated that he didn’t give me a clearer answer at the time.

I went back yesterday and re-read his reply, and my mind exploded. It made sense suddenly. He’s been trying to get newbies like me to see the bigger, quantum picture all along. He’s been teaching us how to ask the right questions and how to change our paradigms of health rather than just throwing us the answers. I feel a deep excitement as his blog posts begin to resonate with me more and more. It’s like the feeling of discovering buried treasure that everyone else has overlooked.

I’m excited for the future. Never have I felt more equipped than I do right now to attack my physical problems. Jack has given us all the tools. DHA, water, CT/grounding, sunlight... I’ve been living outside nature’s rules for years, and my lowered dopamine had me convinced for the longest time that I needed a plethora of supplements, expensive therapies, and complex treatments to heal. I was asking the wrong questions. I was operating in the wrong paradigm. I was IGNORING nature. I’m humbled and excited to be taking a different path.

Sleep, muscle pain, and joint pain have continued to improve since surgery. I’m amazed at how much better I’m feeling day to day. Fatigue, digestion, dizziness, and brain fog are still bad, but I’m hopeful they will improve over time.

4. Inger

Inger Silver

awesome, Matt :) :)

MattD1995 likes this.
  5. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

My tinnitus seems to be getting much worse since doing CT. Trying to find any info on why this would be. I know it activates the sympathetic nervous system. Maybe it’s making mine overactive? Not sure. It is a bit annoying though. Other than that, feeling decent. I’m guessing my mitochondria are just so trashed that it’s going to take a while before I fully cold/fat-adapt and the tinnitus improves.

6. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

The last week has been weird but amazing...several different factors have all come together in my healing journey.

1. I have long suspected POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) due to my frequent urinatinon, inability to retain fluids, salt cravings, and dizziness upon standing. This past Friday, I had a chance to meet with one of the top POTS doctors in the nation. He concluded that I do have POTS, and that there is reason to believe it is directly related to my UARS (Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome). Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome occurs due to a structurally narrow airway. Most people with UARS have had multiple dental procedures, specifically, braces and wisdom teeth removal. I have had both. The issue with UARS occurs during sleep. The throat naturally relaxes while asleep, but due to being so narrow already, it will close completely in someone like me with UARS. This causes excessive intrathoraic pressure which forces the heart to raise ANP (atrial natriuretic peptide). ANP directly LOWERS dopamine, cortisol, norepinephrine, and aldosterone (all of which are classically low in POTS). The following study on UARS and ANP extensively discusses the link between UARS and fibromyalgia, POTS, chronic fatigue syndrome, and IBS.

https://www.breathesleepandbewell.com/articles/anp-and-airway.pdf

A few excerpts from the study:

"Atrial Natriuretic Peptide (ANP) levels are markedly elevated in upper airway resistance syndrome (UARS), more so than in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS), and are responsible for much of the symptomatology in UARS outside of sleep deprivation. In OSAS ANP resistance develops, as a result of hypoxia as well as obesity, and this will decrease the somatic and other symptoms that are caused by ANP. The ANP resistance caused by hypoxia implicates OSAS as a cause of obesity, due to ANP effect on lipolysis. The effects of ANP on the hypothalamic‐pituitary‐adrenal axis implicate UARS as the cause of “adrenal fatigue” and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). These effects may be able to be used to develop a biomarker panel to aid diagnosis and follow up in UARS. ANP effect on magnesium excretion may explain magnesium deficiency mediated illnesses which are associated with sleep disordered breathing. Gender differences in ANP secretion may explain gender differences seen between UARS and OSAS, as well as within the somatic syndromes. The actions of ANP on Nitric Oxide (NO) suggest the “ANP/NO/ONOO hypothesis” via upregulation of the NO/ONOO (nitric oxide/peroxynitrite) cycle which has been implicated in the somatic syndromes. The extreme ANP elevations seen in UARS would act as a perpetuating factor to maintain the NO/ONOO vicious cycle mechanism and perpetuate these chronic illnesses once triggered; therefore it is suggested that UARS underlies all of these chronic somatic syndromes."

"UARS patients tend to be lightheaded on positional change, can have a history of fainting, and some will have a history of cold hands and feet. One quarter of UARS patients will have hypotension, and some will have orthostatic hypotension."

"All natriuretic peptides and their receptors are widely present in the hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenal cortex, and medulla. In the hypothalamus, they reduce norepinephrine release, inhibit oxytocin, vasopressin, corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH), and luteinizing hormone releasing hormone release. In the hypophysis, natriuretic peptides inhibit basal and induced ACTH release. They are also well known to inhibit basal and stimulated aldosterone secretion. The effect on growth hormone is not yet clear. Natriuretic peptides inhibit catecholamine release in the adrenal medulla [18]. Multiple publications refer to the well documented inhibitory effect of ANP on aldosterone [18‐20]. ANP has been shown to inhibit basal aldosterone production and also antagonizes aldosterone stimulation by the agonists angiotensin II, ACTH, dibutryl cyclic AMP, and potassium [20]."

The treatment for UARS typically involves dental appliances or PAP machines. I'm looking into palate expansion to enlarge my airway as I've already tried mandibular advancement devices and CPAP. Crazy to think that a simple structural issue in my mouth could be causing this much trouble with my health. For the time being, I am sleeping upright and find that this tremendously helps with preventing my airway from collapsing during sleep. I've also found that it has eliminated my nausea and my frequent nightmares as well as my previously frequent nighttime urination.

2. I have began using methylene blue to help with my mood swings, mental clarity, and oxygenation. I'm noticing a tremendous difference just at 15 mg daily.

3. I discovered the book "Thiamine Deficiency Disease, Dysautonomia, and High Calorie Malnutrition" by Dr Derrick Lonsdale. In this book Dr. Lonsdale proceeds to lay out a magnitude of evidence on why modern culture is largely thiamine deficient. Thiamine is one of the primary nutrients needed for glucose metabolism. He goes on to describe multiple case studies involving patients with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and POTS who have improved tremendously with thiamine megadosing in combination with magnesium (the two work closely together). Since beginning high dose thiamine and magnesium a few days ago, I've noticed tremendous improvement in my muscle pain, my sugar cravings, and my constipation.

4. I've tried repeatedly in the past to abide by the low carb epi-paleo diet, especially with CT. My body always seemed to shut down on low carb, and I could never figure out why. A few days ago, I stumbled across Tensegrity 1 and found this tidbit from Jack:

"It appears clinicians have to pay close attention to these quantum details on cell membranes even when it is defective. Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia patients have both defects, to some degree making them very difficult to manage. Their tight rope is actually more narrow than Jeremy’s. They just do not carry the risk of high stem cell depletion rates as he does. This is why CF is fatal, and why fibromyalgia just feels like it. The carbohydrates one has to utilize must be loaded with proteins that have sulfur containing amino acids in them. This should make some sense now when you consider what I wrote in Energy and Epigenetics 12. Cysteine is a big deal. It also helps upgrade his glutathione levels, to further strengthen his interior redox potential."

While I haven't been officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia or CFS, I have all the same symptoms. And I do have a POTS diagnosis, and dehydration/inability to retain fluid and salts is one of the hallmark issues with POTS. The above quote from Jack made me realize I do need some level of carbs out of season. I've since added back a small amount of potatoes and am noticing less muscle twitching and slightly better mood/energy.

All in all, I'm hopeful with the recent discoveries I've made. A lot seems to be coming together all at once. It's good to have some answers after so many painful years of wonder what the hell was wrong with me. It felt good to have a doctor diagnose me with an actual disease as well considering how many times I've been told I look 'completely healthy' by other doctors. It's good to finally understand why my body has refused to heal on low carb diets. I'm learning to think for myself and listen to my gut now.

7. Bro.... seriously, try eating 2-3 onions a day. They are high carb, 8-10g each, but I was on the same low carb trail as you and didn't feel well.

With low carb you run out of vegetables to eat without going over "30g".

I ended up chasing deep ketosis/ zero carb.... to no avail!

Onions and Garlic and Turmeric...

https://jackkruse.com/epcotx-protocol/

8. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Good stuff! I’ll have to stop by the store today and buy some. It would add flavor to the potatoes. Closely following your journal man, great to see the big changes happening.

Sean Waters likes this.
  9. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Fresh ginger is good to add also, and tasty!

Sean Waters likes this.
  10. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

Try this nasal unblocking technique. Try it a few times in a row if you have too. If your nose unblocks, you’ll know it’s not structural and can miss the surgery!...and keep working on your underlying issue.

It works really well for me.

11. That is so weird, I had it this morning and it has made me feel even better... no turmeric, that made me feel worse (D2O?).

12. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

I've hit rock bottom again. I'm surviving day to day right now.

TIMELINE:
    - Terrible health crash in March 2019.
    - Took a low-stress, outdoor job in Odessa, TX in May 2019.
    - Spent May-August in Odessa working a very low stress job. Great latitude. Never missed a morning sunrise. Slept in a very low-emf environment with almost no cell signal out in the west Texas country.
    - During May, I noticed some level of improvement in my mood and sleep. Around mid June, my health crashed to even lower levels. Despite all the sunlight, low stress, and time away from EMF, I got even sicker through June, July, and August while in Odessa.
    -Moved back home to Dallas in September. Had a surgery to remove toxic hernia mesh that I thought might be the cause of my symptoms.
    - Joint and muscle pain improved for a month post-surgery. Then they returned.
    - Developed severe constipation and stomach pains in October 2019.
    - Diagnosed with hyperadrenergic POTS in December of 2019.
    - My cardiologist performed an ultrasound, and discovered I have an enlarged liver. My gallbladder has also almost completely shut down.

CURRENTLY:
    - I'm currently being juggled between my cardiologist who diagnosed me with POTS, a gastroenterologist who is trying to solve my stomach issues, an allergist who is about to treat me for potential Mast Cell issues, and a hematologist who is trying to address my enlarged liver.
    - I have a colonoscopy and an endoscopy scheduled for next Monday. The gastro will be taking biopsies of my stomach.
    - I have a CT scan of my liver scheduled for this weekend. The hematologist is attempting to rule out lymphoma.
    - The gastro ordered a hepatitis C blood test for my liver. The results will be in tomorrow.
    - The allergist is starting me on cromolyn once my colonoscopy is finished next Monday.

I'm 24 years old. A former athlete. And I feel like my life is crashing down around me. I want to believe that a change environment will help me as Dr Kruse advocates. But considering I spent all summer in a outdoors, sunny, low-emf, low stress environment and got even WORSE, I'm no longer convinced that changing my environment will resolve all this.

Between lack of sleep and the barrage of incoming diagnoses (POTS, enlarged liver, stomach ulcer, nutcracker syndrome, MALS, etc...), I'm losing hope.

I've sunk a few thousand dollars into seafood. I've taken ice baths until my body hurts. I wear blue blockers nightly. I get morning sun. I changed my environment this past summer.

Something is seriously wrong. I'm so angry at all the doctors. I've spent so much money. I've pushed for every test, every step of the way. I've taken the initiative. Nobody can tell me what's wrong with me other than handing out more "syndrome" diagnoses.

I feel so damn alone. I'm unable to return to school to finish my degree. I'll be 26 in a year and a half which means I lose health insurance through my dad. I can't date. I can't tolerate most foods. I can't have a social life. And I'm slowly losing my ability to work due to severe brain fog.

Anyways. Just had to rant. My hep C blood results will be in tomorrow. Colonoscopy/endoscopy results will be back next week. CT/cancer results will be back sometime next week too. I'll come update again then.

If anyone has ANY suggestions on further diagnoses for me to pursue, I'm all ears.

My POTS doctor as well as the hematologist and gastro are all extremely perplexed by my case. My POTS doctor says he almost never sees livers as enlarged as mine. Not comforting. The hematologist is perplexed because none of my lymph nodes are enlarged. So he doesn't think lymphoma is causing the enlarged liver. But he's ordering the CT to rule it out.

I'm going to attempt to get a liver biopsy as I'm suspicious of iron overload being the cause of my enlarged liver. Also sending off hair tomorrow for a hair mineral analysis.

I'm running out of options and ideas. I'm broke. If there's any black swans in the Dallas area, I'd love to meet up. I'm open to any ideas, counsel, or suggestions.

Christine_L likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

So sorry to read all this Matt.

What are you eating? drinking?

14. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Potatoes, eggs, mackerel, oysters, liver, beef lard, and small amounts of beef. These are the only foods I can tolerate. The more protein I eat, the worse I feel. Protein is now giving me terrible stomach pain. My blood tests are revealing I have protein malabsorption. Betaine HCL has made my ulcer even worse. Digestive enzymes haven't helped either. The mackerel and the oysters are also causing histamine-like issues for me which is what lead me to meeting with an allergist for possible mast cell issues/mastocytosis.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Just a thought Matt ..... have you watched any of the carnivore youtube stuff?

carnivore is really an elimination diet...... so if you were just to eat beef, salt and water would you get terrible stomach pain?

16. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Yes, I actually went carnivore all last winter. Unfortunately it made me much worse. Dr Kruse talks about this in Tensegrity 1 regarding Jeremy. There are certain diseases/people who become much worse without carbs. This is what ended up happening to me. POTS/CFS is one of the diseases Dr Kruse discussed as not being able to go low carb in Tensegrity 1.

Sean Waters likes this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

of course ....I remember that.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you been following Sean's journal? now that he is in Mexico

He talks about how his diet has changed significantly...

Sean Waters and 5G Canary like this.
  19. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Every Japanese person I know has at least one family member dying from thyroid cancer and all are under 60 yo, dunno the condition of their livers though. They eat seafood from the same ocean your salmon comes from. Of course I'm not a doctor and my ideas differ from Jack on this but worth considering if you're out of ideas. There's been over a 10 fold increase in whale deaths in the Pacific this year from the previous 20 year average with most of them being discovered in a necrotic state. Radionuclide accumulation and poisoning would be non-linear obviously. You could try Atlantic seaweed as a chelating agent.

Christine_L likes this.
  20. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

I have! Moving to Mexico would be financially impossible for me right now. I know Sean is able to work remotely and indicated he is running his own business. Best case scenario at this point for any kind of relocation would be Florida. I’ve considered buying a truck and moving down to Destin or Navarre and sleeping out of the back. I’m that desperate. However, as I mentioned above, I experienced very little improvement this past summer with constant sunlight and fresh air in an low-EMF environment and an optimal latitude. This leaves me to suspect that there is something going on internally that may exceed the healing powers of light, water, and magnetism. The main addition Mexico could provide me over Odessa would be improved magnetism. I’d love to move down there, but financially, I can’t even afford to buy a car right now.

caroline likes this.
  21. Inger

Inger Silver

Oh man Matt, I am so sorry :(
    Hang in there, you will figure this out eventually!
    Iron overload could be possible... how did your ferritine/iron labs look?

I think eating meat only/mainly might not be wise. The organs like liver, kidney, heart etc are needed to balance out the minerals. Seafood has a very different mineral-balance as red muscle meat. I have learned a lot about this lately. You need copper to balance out the high iron in meat.
    No wonder Jacks Epi-Paleo food pyramide is so different. On the top there is oysters and other shellfish, then comes seafood/fish, then comes organs.. and way down there comes muscle meat.

I myself have been eating too much muscle meat those last 10 years I guess, even if I always have included organs and seafood regularely. But my ferritine levels were of the high end of normal, so I am going to watch it, go donate blood (doctor said that is a great idea and help to others as he thought my labs were all good) and eat more copper rich food like liver and seafood of course.
    I am not that happy to have too much iron in my body nowadays when there is so much nnEMF all around, uh.
    I have realized since this fall (I am now perimenopause so I do not lose much blood - and so losing some excess iron- to have my period anymore, having it less often now like every 3 month) when I vacuum clean for longer moments, I might get a little discomfort in my liver (my liver enzymes/labs were all normal btw.), and my theory is, there is some iron accumulated in it that acts as an antenna for the nnEMF.

Lots of read meat might not have been too much an issue when you are regularly menstruating, but when not, I guess it is wise to watch it. Men do not menstruate either...

caroline, Christine_L and MattD1995 like this.