1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I finally got out of Dallas. Time to heal.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by MattD1995, May 28, 2019.

1. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Forgive me if my writing is disjointed and unorganized. My brain fog and fatigue are better, but still improving.

I did it. I finally got out of Dallas, left my moldy job, and I’m feeling much better for it. So begins my journey to optimal health.

ABOUT ME:

• 23 male, born and raised in Dallas
    • 6 ft 8, 220 lbs. Quite lean.
    • Multiple ear infections + antibiotics as a child
    • Vaccinated as a child
    • Health issues growing up were fairly minor: social anxiety, obsessiveness, seasonal allergies, lowish body temperature, light sleeper, trouble gaining weight. Nothing that really set off any alarms to me or my family growing up.
    • Diet growing up was decent. My mom made lots of eggs, oatmeal, chicken, beans, rice, etc...
    • Lots of sun exposure as a child. I played outside a lot.
    • Graduated high school in 2014, went to a small college to play football.

HEALTH PROBLEMS:

• In 2014, I underwent surgery for a labral tear in my right hip. After that surgery, I developed brain fog, fatigue, dizziness, water retention, and joint pain.
    • I went back to school for football after the surgery and couldn’t keep up with the rest of the team like before. My joints were killing me. My fatigue was horrible. I was dizzy and nauseated after workouts. I ended up tearing the labrums in both shoulders. My coaches lost interest in me and I returned to Dallas.
    • In 2015, I had two shoulder surgeries.
    • In January 2016, I began working in a severely water damaged building (unknown at the time).
    • In May 2016, I had a hernia repaired with polypropylene mesh, a toxic substance that has been subject of numerous lawsuits.
    • By June 2016, I felt so awful I made a doctor’s appt. My symptoms were multiplying in number. Joint pain, severe fatigue, brain fog, hypersomnia followed by insomnia, dry skin, dizziness, tinnitus....the list goes on.
    • My bloodwork came back showing hypothyroid, low salivary cortisol 4 pt, low testosterone. I had crashed.
    • I spent the next few years trying every supplement I could find. I also tried TRT, hydrocortisone, T3, Naturethroid....many things would work for a month, and then stop.
    • I experimented with Freddd’s methylation protocol from Phoenix rising. That helped for a bit, and then stopped working also.
    • I had gene testing (tested positive for both mold genes and MTHFR).

The last 3 years have been a mini-horror story. I’ve been through alcohol and drug abuse. I’ve spent 30K on useless supplements, naturopaths, hormone therapies, etc... I’ve had gut testing, blood testing, gene testing, urine testing, saliva testing. Most of my doctors gave up on me.

I stumbled across Dr Kruse’s writings around a year ago. His blog posts have brought me more hope, clarity, and direction than any other website or doctor I’ve come across.

THIS YEAR:

• I was living in Dallas and working my old, toxic job until April this year. I began developing severe reactions every time I entered my job area. Right knee locking up, stomach pain, heart-facing, fainting, panic, constant urination...
    • My doctor asked me if I’d been exposed to any mold. I began examining my work area and discovered multiple mold spots inside the ceiling tiles. The building was built in the 1940s and had SEVERE water damage.
    • I’ve since quit my job and am feeling somewhat better. I sent off a urinary mold test for evaluation, and I’m getting mold bloodwork this week.

PRESENT DAY:

• I’ve moved to Odessa, TX for a new job. I’m a security guard for the oil field. The job is stupidly easy and low stress. I sit in a guard shack from 6 am - 6 pm. I read books, watch movies, etc... The best part? My guard shack FACES THE RISING SUN. Every morning now, I am able to sit back and eat salmon while the morning sun shines through the front doorway of my guard shack directly into my eyes. At night, I sleep in an small, clean RV at the outskirts of town. There is little cell reception, no WiFi, and very little light pollution at my RV.
    • My symptoms are all slowly but surely improving. My sleep seems to be getting better. Joint pain is less. Mood is better. Libido is definitely up.
    • I was terrified to leave Dallas and my family and my secure job. I’m so glad I did. I’m so glad I listened to my gut.

CURRENT TREATMENTS:

• Salmon + Sunlight in the morning. I’m getting sunlight from 6 am to 6 pm with a priority on sunlight from 6 am to 11 am.
    • Salt and RO water throughout the day
    • Oysters + grounding + evening sun after work.
    • Iodine drops twice a day
    • Trying to move my deep freezer that’s back in Dallas down here to Odessa for CT. Until then, I’ll be doing face dunks with ice and a bucket of water.
    • Turmeric/Curcumin for joints and allergies

I’ve given up on most supplements. They just don’t work anymore. Seafood and sun has given me more results than anything else. I’m excited to be out of my old toxic environment. I no longer feel suffocated.

Swen, primalmofo, Jeremy Fox and 8 others like this.
  2. Dani

Dani New Member

Well done, Matt! Keep up the great work.

MattD1995 likes this.
  3. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

I’ve been eating low carb, but my body seems much less able to eat low carb during spring/summer months than in fall/winter. I know it probably has something to do with the fact that I’m not cold adapated, and that low carb diets aren’t exactly natural during spring/summer. I don’t have a method to CT available right now as my deep freezer is back in Dallas. My plan is to get it up here to Odessa in the next month. Until then, I’m adding back some fruit and possibly a little rice as both seem to improve my joint pain and dry skin. Still getting morning/evening sunlight every day and lots of oysters and salmon.

4. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Forgot to mention...my sugar cravings have massively improved since quitting my old moldy job and focusing on getting sun every morning. I’m amazed at how much changing my environment seems to be affecting all aspects of my body. My need for a higher food intake also seems to have dropped as I’ve focused on getting more sun. My stools are also more regular and better formed. Finally, my acidic armpit odor that has plagued me for years during the hot months is completely gone now that I’ve started getting sun. I still have a very long way to go before I feel well, but these tiny changes are bringing me hope that something massive is happening internally since changing my environment.

5. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I gave up on salmon completely in 2012 one year after Fukushima, which was the amount of time it took for the deep ocean to turn over from Japan to North American coast. All the wild salmon is contaminated with radionuclides. I think (not sure) I heard or read Jack say we can handle radionuclides in our bodies but I've had two uncles in Japan already die from internal exposure. One practiced CT often in the ocean most his life.

All farmed salmon is toxic. "Organic" farmed salmon is fraud.

6. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

I definitely understand your concern, but Dr Kruse has stated before that the benefits of DHA outweigh the negatives of any toxins that may be in modern seafood. He has said that farmed salmon is still better than grassfed meat. Salmon is one of the few foods I can eat with no negative reaction. Even red meat is currently to difficult for me to digest well. At this point, I doubt that any of our food is untouched by industrial toxins. It’s simply a matter of choosing the least harmful poison these days in my opinion.

Lite Nomad and Sean Waters like this.
  7. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I personally believe there's nothing more toxic than plutonium regarding matter which is why I've abstained from all Pacific seafood since 2012. Salmon are designed to traverse thousands of miles of open ocean and river during their lives, stuffing them in sardined nets and using chemicals akin to glyphosate can't produce DHA worth having imo.

I will sorely miss seafood when I give up spending any time on the east coast.

If we eat any tortured and diseased animal be it from the sea or land, we are introducing the same torture and disease into us. The chemical composition of DHA is irrelevant at that point.

8. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

Matt-

I love your journey and attitude... very inspiring!

I shared your story with my daughters who experience similar struggles...in hopes that it would motivate a move in them.

Fingers crossed!

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Alex97232 likes this.
  9. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

Saichi- “If we eat any tortured and diseased animal be it from the sea or land, we are introducing the same torture and disease into us.”

Found this fascinating and something I have thought about often.

Just like water having a magnetic memory... so does blood, maybe? Like when someone receives a blood transfusion they may also get the memory in some cases.

As a child we lived on meat, organs, fish and pasta... Yeah, I know pasta but I am Italian. (This was the 70’s.)

I naturally stoped eating the meats and chicken many years ago but didn’t understand at the time why? Torture, disease, radiation and wireless technology definitely could explain why instinctively I stopped eating these... we are absorbing that memory (energy), maybe?

I instinctively stopped eating salmon a couple years ago... and switched back to meat. Supposedly, humane and grass fed meat. Could this be why?

Could this mean we are the energy of what we eat...water, plants and animals. Maybe?

The humaneness would be so critically important not just for better quality meat but for the energy memory, maybe?

10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...sMSigazKkKC7yvwog33bDaBTuyBopJOHFhXd3xCUKjAIo

Dr. Jack Kruse on Importance of Mitochondria

@ 6.35

"You have to have electrons in your body, to assimilate the light, that is what powers water."

FWIW....... I eat Salmon, farmed, for the DHA, almost every day.

Sue-UK likes this.
  11. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Thank you 5G canary! I wish your daughters the best of luck!

5G Canary likes this.
  12. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Same. I don’t believe farmed is optimal, but it’s what I can afford, and I absolutely believe it’s better than no seafood at all. I’ve been eating my farmed salmon raw with no problems. Dr Kruse has stated farmed seafood is better than the highest quality, grassfed meat.

Sean Waters likes this.
  13. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Currently sitting at work eating raw salmon and soaking in the suns rays. I absolutely love this new job. With each passing sunrise, I feel my mental state improving. It’s a subtle, but definite difference. A zen-like feeling. My thoughts are becoming clearer. My decisions about what I eat, how I spend my money, and my plans for the future are becoming more instinctual. Mother Nature is teaching me to trust my gut.

Attached Files:

14. Congrats! Nice work. Keep us updated.

15. I love how the Sun is one of the only things in life that if you commit to a long term relationship with it, it will actually give you more you bargained for every single time and never fail to meet it's end of the deal.

You keep turning up, and he will keep paying.

Lite Nomad and Christine_L like this.
  16. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Absolutely! I’m finally understanding why so many ancient cultures worshipped the sun.

17. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Lots of great sun exposure this morning. 6 AM - 10 AM. The more sun exposure I get, the more it seems to have an effect. I feel that I’m becoming resensitized to nature. In the past, I was to sick to notice any improvement from eating oysters or being out in the sun. Things are different now. I’m picking up on subtle changes throughout my body as I immerse myself in a healthier environment (sunlight, grounding, etc...). What’s most exciting to me is that my body temperature is currently at 98.6 this morning!!! I’ve had low body temperature for literally years. Usually 98 is the highest temp I’ll reach. Sun exposure seems to be improving my thyroid levels, and this is after being out of the sun for over an hour!

18. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Been bad with my diet today and a little yesterday. Some ice cream and chocolate. Amazingly, since being out in the sun all day lately, my allergic response to ice cream was very low. The sun definitely seems to be improving my food sensitivities.

drezy and Lahelada like this.
  19. drezy

drezy Gold

Welcome to the club. It's pretty amazing isn't it?

20. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Thank you! And yes, it’s insane. Especially when I look back at how much money I’ve flushed down the toilet on supplements, hormone therapies, and countless other ineffective treatments.

Many of my symptoms seem to be continually improving. My acidic armpit odor has been completely gone since leaving Dallas. The tingling in my feet has also stopped. My digestion and appetite are almost flawless lately. Stools are looking great.

REMAINING SYMPTOMS:
    -Constant urination. Still waking up twice a night to piss. I can’t seem to hold on to fluids.
    -POTS/dizziness is still severe.
    -Anhedonia and apathy has been worse than usual
    -Joint pain, especially in my knees.
    -Dry skin. My face and head primarily.
    -Tinnitus
    -Brain fog
    -Daytime Fatigue after noon

All of these are symptoms of poor hydration in the body. I’ve been drinking lots of RO water, but obviously as any Black Swan knows, there’s much more to improving hydration than just consuming more water.

I’m aiming for 1 salmon filet (approximately a pound) every morning for DHA content. At night, I’ll be eating oysters 2-3 times a week when I get home after work. The remainder of my diet will be some red meat and added fat from tallow. Possibly some fruit as well since I seem to need carbs right now.

My parents are helping me move my deep freezer down from Dallas at the end of June, so I’ll be able to resume CT in 4 weeks. I desperately miss CT. I’ve found that my body seems to crave it. It just makes me feel good all around. In the meantime, I’ll be doing daily face dunks.

At this point, I’m more convinced than ever that my environment is the key to healing. Sunlight and CT in particular have given me more physical improvement than any diet has. Eating seafood definitely seems to help, but it doesn’t come close to the improvement I feel from sun and cold.

My gut tells me that CT is the main puzzle piece I need right now. It revitalizes me unlike anything else I’ve tried. The end of June can’t get here soon enough.

ELLEN M. and drezy like this.