1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I finally feel like a success story...

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by MrPinkies, Dec 5, 2013.

1. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Also can't wait to see the movie when it's done :D

MrPinkies likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Never let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after your own......ever!
    The highest level than can be reached by a mediocre but experienced mind is a talent for uncovering the weaknesses of those greater than itself. It's much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. Ignore the critics, only mediocrity is safe from ridicule. You should be dare to be different.
    When you're different, sometimes you don't see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn't.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to those committed to misunderstanding you.

3. PAL-PIP-WI

PAL-PIP-WI New Member

Wow -- I just got my introduction to this forum by reading this ENTIRE thread of MrPinkies success -- what a story!
    Very inspiring, and as I have 100 pounds to release myself, very especially inspiring for me going forward.
    I know & love several children with autism also and have never seen more courageous-strong-inexhaustable & exhausted people as the parents of these darlings....
    So it is fabulous to hear about your children's great gains!
    I'm a little confused about whether sun & grass or snow is best for us, but either way, we sure have a lot of BOTH in sunny/snowy Colorado where I have made my home since my childhood in Chicago.
    In this thread I heard that MrPinkies made so many changes and had great success without understanding ALL of the science behind it, which is helpful because I am almost done reading Dr. Jack's book Epi-Paleo Rx, and I figure my comprehension rate at 40-50%?
    N.E.W.B.I.E. here!
    Thanks for sharing your story MrPinkies.

MrPinkies and fitness@home like this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi and welcome PAL....please start a journal and give us your health history so Dr. K. has context.
    As you continue this journey - things become clearer. We need to keep re reading stuff and you never know when there will be a lite bulb moment!

Keep reading and asking questions - that is the only way we learn!

Dr. K. started a thread ..."why newbies are important" have you seen it?

MrPinkies likes this.
  5. PAL-PIP-WI

PAL-PIP-WI New Member

Thx for your welcome Caroline.
    How do I start a journal?
    I WILL keep reading and asking questions as I was raised that way (2 professors for parents lol) and I am a researcher. I think that's why I respected Dr. JK right away -- he's brainy and a HUGE researcher!
    I looked at that thread and frankly did not understand a lot of it. Maybe I missed something, I'll try again.
    P.S. I just made shrimp scampi for the 1st time ever.... I think anything is good sautéed in loads of butter & olive oil & white wine eh?
    It was delicious.

MrPinkies likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

my pleasure!
    did you mean the newbie thread? or something else? Dr. K. always tells us there are no stupid questions ......if you don't know something - please ask. We have all been there ...trust me on that one!!

what's not to love about shrimp scampi???!!!!

Please add your insight to the seafood thread in the cave.....

to start a journal ........ click on forum - top left hand side and then scroll down to my optimal journal. Start a new thread and give Dr. K. some health history.
    where you live? work? health issues? family health?
    what do you eat? drink?

Please follow Kristi's journal ...she is doing an outstanding job of getting into all this and documenting it.
    Kristi has jumped in with both feet ...and not taking any prisoners!! :D

MrPinkies and Kristi Lambert like this.
  7. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

PAL-PIP-WI!!!!

Thank you so much for your kind words!! It means the world to me!!

Yes, PLEASE start a thread!! I really had wished I started one from the beginning!!! (and let me know where you post it too!)

You can and will lose the weight.. read the book, read the forum and blog posts.. and yes, I am not a biologist or scientist, but, after jumping in with two feet and putting good honest faith effort, I saw results... We never expected the outcomes gains with Autism.. but.. we are taking it and running with it!!! After a while, you will end up going back and rereading the book, forum, and blogs and realize that you do understand what Kruse and others are saying... again.. two feet and good HONEST faith effort and a good three months to see if something works.. :love:

Welcome! :)
    ~Kate

caroline and Kristi Lambert like this.
  8. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Full, extended tummy tuck, with muscle reconstruction in late June of 2014. On the outside, I healed very quickly and nicely.. Inside is taking much longer..

I waited over two months (6 months total post surgery) past when the surgeon told me that I could exercise.. I started with walking.. then running.. in addition to CT...

In the middle of running sprints, I started having very sharp pains on the right side of my stomach, which pain runs vertical, 2 inches from belly button. Before anyone says it.. there's a difference between pain of pushing oneself to new limits and pure insane injury.. 30+ years of ballet dancing.. I get it.. it's on the pure insane injury side of things..

I stopped exercising and lifting.. and the pain died down.. Of course, Ryan melted down in the middle of Target and I had to carry him out like a sack of potatoes which didn't help anything... I can lay down on my left side (which I hate) just fine.. but the second I lay on my right, I feel the need to rearrange my stomach muscles.. like they are all tangled up.. It has come to a point where it's painful to lift anything over 5 pounds.. Thing is.. muscle strength is there, but, there is pain..

The pain started to have a snowball effect.. I finally went back to the plastic surgeon to explain.. He thought that it might be a hernia (but unlikely), but wanted a CT with contrast dye to see if he could get more information..

CT scan showed everything is in it's place and no hernia. So.. he sent me to get a second opinion with a general surgeon. General surgeon determined it was not a hernia and that it's not the actual muscle, but damaged nerves..

So.. one surgeon consulted with the other surgeon and came up with the idea of localizing the pain with a local anesthetic to see what would happen.. 1/15th of a dose.. and it worked... for a few hours...

Next week is full dose of local anesthetic.. and then making plans for a surgery that may or may not solve this issue...

Here's my issues... among many...
    1. I've been CT'ing as much as possible, every day
    2. surgery- not looking forward to it.. and it's not a 100%, 90%, 80%, or even 75% guaranteed success deal.. it's a gamble.. IF I were to have surgery, it would be roughly 6 inches or less incision where my scar is- down the middle- around the belly button.. with 1 drain for a week or so.. and then another 2-3 months in a binder.. and no exercising for a very long time..
    3. I have not gotten back to where I was before the first surgery (in part of why we are buying a house and moving)... I am just now (9 months after surgery) getting my sleep back in order.. This means another year of being knocked down and working my way back up... Not impossible, just sucks..
    4. moving/buying a house, school, kids, Ryan's ABA therapy, you name it, it's on my plate
    5. I need to get back to life.. you know... picking up children clothing and toys off the floor.. be able to carry around a purse with life's precious possessions.. do some dishes and take out trash.. jump, run, sleep on my favorite right side...
    6. Where does wine and sex fit into this deal??? <sighs>

Thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I would not do that surgery.........

10. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

My gut is telling me not to do this surgery.. but.. then.. what do I do with this pain- other than CT?? There's got to be a way around surgery and healing nerves..

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thinking of you Kate......xoxo

MrPinkies likes this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nerve healing takes 18-36 months

Danny and MrPinkies like this.
  13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I remember Jack talking about walking around numb for a long time after his crazy CT hack. He stayed cold a long time, iirc.

nicld and MrPinkies like this.
  14. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

My patience is somewhere around here.. it ran away from me, apparently, just have to find it again.. ;)

What a relief I feel... glad I took the time to ask.. Thanks Jack.. as always.. :love:

15. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

Oh, Kate, I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with this. I've thought of you many times while healing myself from my emergency appendectomy ("with complications" :rolleyes:) last summer. I look at the scar from the conversion incision - it's about a 2-3 inch long vertical scar, just below the belly button - and I wonder about you and how you are healing from all those scars from your tummy tuck. I still feel weird twinges and things, as if things are not quite all the way healed on the inside side of the scar. The pain you experience sounds both scary and annoyingly debilitating. Such a relief to hear Dr K say it can still heal!

Hey, if there is anything to the quantum entanglement thing (and YES, I think there is!) know that I'm sending positive healing thoughts your way! Think about how great it is going to be once the move is done and you are sitting out in your own backyard in your bikini! :D

love,
    cinnamon

MrPinkies likes this.
  16. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

I love you, Cinnamon! :) This week in Michigan is PERFECT bikini weather~ 45/50 degrees! It is sooooo good to finally see the sun after months of cloudy, grey skies...

Thank you for the well wishes! I had to chuckle when I read what you wrote about feeling weird twinges and things.. For months, my stomach was completely numb... ok ok.. I know I had ice packs on it.. but.. seriously.. I could probably stab my stomach with a fork and not feel it.. and now.. even 9 months later.. there are times were I feel slight twitches or numbness that moves around.. Maybe I'm just a weirdo.. hahahaa.. Anyway.. I tend to be on the over sensitive side of what is going on with my body I guess..

You are right, the pain was really scary at first.. I nearly curled up into a ball for a week or so with an ice pack.. but at this point, its sooo very annoying.. it's hard to walk around in life trying not to use stomach muscles! and since they have tightened up/reconstructed the muscles, I am more aware of them... Not only that, it's hard to put everyone and everything on hold (or at least it seems that way).. My kiddos are very demanding! hahah.. I guess they are somewhat suppose to be! My brain is in a very different place these days.. Controlling energy that I have VS taking it easy to heal.. I've become impatient.. even after reading and rereading the two inch book of warnings of possibilities of what could happen before, during, and years after surgery.. I need to MOVE!!!! lol in the most literal translation.. haha.. less mass does equal more energy!

~Kate

caroline likes this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Kate ...is it possible that they tightened the muscles up too much? I am remembering a woman Doc that we met in Orlando and she had some kind of vanity surgery done [that was her term btw] and they had tightened her up too much.
    sending you positive thoughts and lots of healing energy.......xo

MrPinkies likes this.
  18. nicld

nicld Gold

Right there with you. Who would have thought that 45F would ever be bikini (or neked) weather :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[/quote]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    MrPinkies likes this.
  19. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

yes.. but.. there isn't a definitive answer of what exactly is wrong, which is part of the reason why I am against this surgery.. it's a guess and gamble.. I don't like the idea of going through a surgery that is like that, unless it means life or death.. and even then.. I'd have a hard time justifying a surgery.. surgery should never be taken lightly.. :love:

Besides.. if I can heal on my own.. I'd rather wait the year n' a half to three years..

20. JMO

JMO Gold

Hi Kate,
    After I had endo surgery I had a hard time recovering so a friend suggested Reike. It was foreign to me but I gave it a try and it really helped. I have also read a book abt massage therapy -Wurn technique for adhesions and pain. I haven't had a problem anymore but keeping this info if I ever need it again. Here. Is their website and info on their book.http://www.clearpassage.com/who-we-are/about-the-wurn-technique/

Kristi Lambert and MrPinkies like this.