1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I´m I getting Snow blind??

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Johan Lindstrøm, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Johan Lindstrøm

Johan Lindstrøm New Member

I need a sun-ski-guide!

Am I getting Snow blind?

Background:
    I am going skiing in May this year, for 9 days, in Northern Norway – the Lyngen alps. The sun is up almost 24 h a day — i.o. it is never dark. I will get tons and tons of sun. However the sun is amplified by elevation (0 – 5000 feet above sea level) and reflecting white, white snow.

Sun protection:
    I am working on my solar callus before I'm leaving. However, I am wondering how to deal with the sun. I kind of believe I need to protect myself, but how? I would like to sack sunscreen and sunglasses, but the sun is constant and coming from all directions, for days. I can use sport tape to protect myself, but do any of you have some suggestions? How to do this?

Thanks!

2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

3. Johan Lindstrøm

Johan Lindstrøm New Member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019