1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hyopthyroidism in pregnancy

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Butters, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

Hey folks.
    My girlfriend just got diagnosed a hypothyroidism. She is pregnant in the 10th week. Also has low iron.
    She shall take l-thyroxin. Can it be because of the pregnancy?
    I dont like it. What can we do to improve this without meds?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

means you live in a low quantum yield environment. Only one solution. Move ASAP. Otherwise the baby = mitonuclear co-aptation = increased % heteroplasmy = disease =https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ketosis-cure-tool-broken-mitochondria-jack-kruse?published=u = you can never regain wellness in the same environment you got ill within.

Butters how many different ways do you need to hear this before you really get it................

I am tiring of this. Are you?

RobH likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What does low Iron mean for the thyroid and the brain of that baby? Iron is critical the forming brain. It makes porphyrins and hemoglobin which bring light to the brain and DHA turns it into a large electric current that retains a massive charge in mitochondria to optimize tissue function. Iron is needs to make T3 which is need to run neurons properly in that brain. Still think staying where you are is even close to a smart decision?

Who will pay the biologic toll? That babies brain. And then the two parents who make the choice to bring it to the world.............

1. If the brain is in optimal form the things it controls are also working well. The systems inherent design implies we are only as strong as our weakest link in this blueprint. low iron can be the weakest link in a developing brain because it causes hypothyroidism.
    2. If the brain is working optimally than it means by definition that inflammation levels are low system wide not just in the brain.
    3. With low levels of inflammation leptin and all the distal hormones in the metabolic chain remain in allostasis without the need for exogenous intervention. This implies that understanding hormone allostasis and function is critical to understanding how to treat illness and disease. This is a major point lacking in modern medicine disease management.
    4. Brain selective nutrients must be in constant supply to maintain optimal brain function. This means 3-5 days per week at least one meal needs to contain a food source that has access to these nutrients. Think levee one from the Quilt.
    Iron is an essential mineral in the heme molecule of hemoglobin and the cytochrome proteins in our mitochondria to make energy and keep them condensed to allow super fast electron tunneling and maintenance of our electric charge and redox potential. Hemoglobin and porphyrins are critical component of the red blood cell that carries oxygen and light in the bloodstream. The brain gets 20-23% of the cardiac output of every heart beat. Oxygen is drawn to the brain because it is paramagnetic and the brain is loaded with mitochondria which draws paramagnetic gases to it. No organ comes close to that consumption because of the shear number of mitochondria in neurons. This means the brain needs to have adequate sources of iron to make sure hemoglobin and oxygen are constantly delivered to the brain to maintain performance. Seafood and animal offal are excellent sources of this nutrient. Moreover iron is better absorbed from fish or meat than other sources by the human gut. People who do not eat enough iron can suffer from iron-deficiency anemia. Worldwide, about 1 billion people have iron-deficiency anemia, and about 2 billion people are deficient in zinc (Muller et al., 2005). Iron also facilitates the conversion or T4 to T3 the active thyroid hormone in the body. This makes it very critical for humans. T3 is needed for neuronal growth. Iron is also vital for temperature control in humans as well because of the effect of T3 on UCP’s. Heat = IR light = mitochondrial condensing of respiratory proteins.........all mission critical in brain construction. Now go back and re read the magic in Hormone 101 blog now!

In the USA today 20% of women are iron deficient when MD’s check their ferritin levels. Globally, iron deficiency is the major cause of neuro-developmental delay in mal nourished children (Pollitt, 1993) Iron is also a co factor in the receptor of two major brain neurotransmitters, dopamine and GABA and this leads to cognitive decline. Dopamine!!!!!! Ubi 24 = the entire Time series....................The moral of the story...........FIX YOU ENVIRONMENT YESTERDAY.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Butters

Butters New Member

Ok. Thank you very, very much for the reply Jack. I just read it. But its late, I will reread it tomorrow and read all the links.
    We are living in the new place for 5 months now, I dont know if its the new environment or the sum of the old...
    Luckily my girlfriend has no low hemoglobin, its for now just the iron.
    But moving will not be done. She is way to far away from my view of perspective and she would never do this, because we both would have no jobs.

So I must do the most out of the situation and hack the environment. It hurts in my heart but moving is not possible for at least 1 year.
    I can say. I got the connection between iron and T3 and it makes me angry no doctor is connecting these simple dots, where i can find 5 pubmed studies on this in 5sec.

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Iron is an essential mineral in the heme molecule of hemoglobin and the cytochrome proteins in our mitochondria to make energy and keep them condensed to allow super fast electron tunneling and maintenance of our electric charge and redox potential. Hemoglobin and porphyrins are critical component of the red blood cell that carries oxygen and light in the bloodstream. The brain gets 20-23% of the cardiac output of every heart beat. Oxygen is drawn to the brain because it is paramagnetic and the brain is loaded with mitochondria which draws paramagnetic gases to it. No organ comes close to that consumption because of the shear number of mitochondria in neurons. This means the brain needs to have adequate sources of iron to make sure hemoglobin and oxygen are constantly delivered to the brain to maintain performance. Seafood and animal offal are excellent sources of this nutrient.

I highlighted that as she is early in the pregnancy. Needs will increase as development continues and nature will favour the baby as long as it can and then cut back on both mother and baby. Having sufficient Hemoglobin now does not mean that she has it, period. Also is the number they call sufficient really sufficient ?

I feel for you. It is hard when your partner is not on board and with a bubba on the way doubly hard.
    Maybe you need to spell it out to her that with her new pregnancy state she now has not got enough iron for two and the baby in nature takes precedence which will have direct implications for her health and post pregnancy recovery. She needs to rethink everything to get out of this mess.

7. Inger

Inger Silver

Could you move in the same city you are, but to a better place? So you could keep your jobs? I would just go on searching. You might find something on ground floor.... with less houses around... you know what to look for. Just never stop looking.... sometimes the solution is just around the corner if we hold our eyes open to look for more optimal!

8. Butters

Butters New Member

She thinks the doctors want the best for the baby and therefore would have said something.
    How can I make her move when I even cant get her to thinking about it is bad having thyroid issues and low iron?

9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

What Inger said. Additionally I hear you also low in dopamine. The other question you raised about bodybuilding has directly to do with that. ( artificial light exposure) Focus on what you can do right now. You went walking the other day maybe you can ask her to help you change your fitness routine to being outside. That way the focus is not on her but by default through being outside it might instigate an improvement in her, especially if your new workouts fall before 10 am...

Get her to ask the doctors as to "how bad is this for me longterm, what can I expect and how does it affect the baby". From the way you put it she is putting all the work on the doc and may not have had counselling just a this is what you need to take talk. Maybe you could see the doc together if she agrees?

10. Butters

Butters New Member

Yeah, I have a problem too. We talked about that this morning (its now 11.20 am here). And I will go to the doctor too the next time.
    Im thinking about cooking in iron skillets for upping the iron intake.
    I really dont know if i worry too much and stress me now. When I saw the post from Jack last evening I went through the roof and paniced right away.
    I wished the information would be in german...would be much easier to encourage people to read it.

11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Ja , zuviel Panik und nicht genug Sonne. Rausgehen und durchatmen, bitte schoen , jetzt....sofort....dalli dalli.....:D:p
    Gruesse.

12. Lin Moore

Lin Moore New Member

Hello Dr. Kruse,

I was reading through this thread and am wanting to know more about post pregnancy low thyroid. I was dx with hashimotos around 4 months pp. My iron level and thyroid levels were wnl during pregnancy. At time of dx I was so sleep deprived - waking up sometimes 8 -10 times a night. Though I'm "normal wt" that sleep deprivation did a number on my insulin (my labs were flagged for being very high risk). And I didn't know then to get outside like we are doing now, especially for am sun. Is it possible everything was wnl all this time and the right environmental issues (no light and no sleep) triggered the hashimotos?

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Lin Moore likes this.
  14. Lin Moore

Lin Moore New Member

15. Butters

Butters New Member

Can a woman eat raw/smoked fish in pregnancy?
    Here in germany that is the first thing doctors forbid when pregnant.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

can she........yes. should she probably not.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Below is what is happening on Earth under blue lights and 24/7 microwave.

What happens when you create an alien environment on Earth? What happens when you are a mammal and go underground and hibernate and miss the sun for 6 months? This is why mammals have so much mitochondrial capacity.

http://phys.org/news/2016-03-unsaturated-fatty-acids-role-winter.html

Might hibernation be an extreme form of hypothyroidism in mammals when they they are in a den without any sunlight? Another epigenetic situation that manifests when we inhabit a bad lit environment?
    Hypothyroidism = low quantum yield..........means your cells cannot sort light energy well and are losing light as a result = Stress response = lack of proper coupling of cycles in cells = all connected to light frequencies as water as its molecular adapter = all cycles must be local states (time9) of perpetual return so chaos or randomness of inflammation does not show up to stop the flow of energy. For when energy stops flowing in either the positive and negative feedback side of a coupled cycle extinction occurs = extinction of energy = heteroplasmy = geometric changes on mitochondria = higher % heteroplasmy = disease = too high % of heterosplasmy = death = equilibrium = life equals keep energy flows coming into an energy store house = water and sunlight = EZ.

For all intent and purposes life is simple.........A collection of small closed spaces full of stored energy constantly fed by an open circuit of electrons = sun in the day = magnetic flux at night = In the day our cells are designed to die little deaths (ROS) and under go little re births (melatonin an dopamine) as we metabolize biochemicals all connected to a water sea fed by sunlight. Life is an exotic flower powered by a water fuse box connect to the sun and Earth

18. Butters

Butters New Member

So they made a retest and it was negative. So no hypothyrodism is seems. Thats good, but weird also. Because it is the second test that showed no problem after the second time performed.
    First they thought to found sugar in the urine. Than they made a glucose tolerance test, which was excellent together with fasting glucose. Before the test they draw blood and got the high TSH. So they made a second test two days later and in the afternoon. And now this test shows all TSH is normal. But the crazy thing is, the doctor wants my girlfriend to keep taking the half pill of 50mg l-thyroxin daily, wtf!!!

Can you help me out? I know from you blogpost that TSH alone is worthless, doctor of course dont know...
    But is TSH also circadian dependent with lows in the morning?

19. TSH can be higher in high performance or stress situations, when more thyroid hormones are needed for any reason...

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

TSH is high when your quantum yield is low. TSH is low when the quantum yield is good.