1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hunger and BAB and adrenal salivary test

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by Claudia, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I've been practicing intuitive eating or eating only when hungry and only until satisfied. I find this at odds with the BAB. I'm just not hungry. Wouldn't it be counterproductive to eat when leptin levels are high and I am not hungry? At the same time, I hear this voice very morning, eat breakfast.....

I don't think I'm LR but my hormones need balancing, my t3 is low, and I"m taking t3 only (low dose of 12.5 mcg per day), and I have some adrenal issues, too. I had a recent salivary test of adrenocortex stress profile. Morning is 11.3 (range is 6.0-42.0 nmol/L), noon is 9.2 (2.0-11.0), 4 pm is 9.1 (2.0-11.0), evening is 2.9 (1.0-8.0), cortisol daily, total 32.5 (11.0-76.0), DHEAS profile morning 13.9 (2.5-25.0 nmol/L) and DHEAS/CORTISOL AM is 1.23 HIGH (0.20-0.60 RATIO).

So, I'm wondering, would Jack, say eat the breakfast even if you're not hungry or is it ok to wait until I am hungry.

On the road to optimal

2. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Also, if my cortisol is on the lower end in the morning for a morning cortisol, and should be higher, does that also mean maybe I shouldn't be eating the BAB then.