1. Registering for the Forum

    We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

    After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

    Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

    If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Huck - My Journey (BP and Aortic Stenosis)

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Huck, Jul 22, 2013.

  1. Huck

    Huck Silver

    You might be right. I have been remodeling the bathroom and not taking most of my supplements because they are in a box somewhere.
  2. Grizz

    Grizz New Member


    You might be interested in my independent research on the Prostate over the past year. I have made some startling discoveries on Prostate problems. Bottom line: The Doctor Brownstein Iodine Protocol cures severe, nasty BPH problems, and also cures cancers through a process called Apoptosis.

    Here is my complete research report, with many Doctor reports explaining why it works:

    Testimonials - See Prostate

    My recent post on the Iodine Thread:

    You might want to pass this research on to others suffering terrible prostate problems,
  3. caroline

    caroline Moderator

    How are you doing Huck?
  4. Huck

    Huck Silver

    Thanks Griz.

    I wish I knew!

    PSA dropped from 6.0 to 4.6 and free PSA went up - both good signs. Some symptoms have lessened and some have gotten worse. I'm scheduled for a prostate MRI in a couple of weeks followed by a biopsy if indicated by MRI.

    I seem to be hungry all the time. For a while I was resorting to bad foods and eating too much. At least now I'm eating too much good foods. Gained 35 lbs since late October.
  5. caroline

    caroline Moderator

    Wow - your weight really fluctuates .... would something you are eating be causing extra inflammation. Have you been following Dr. Jackson? Have you ever had a genova Gut/stool test done?

    You have struggled with your weight for a long time.......

    When are you going to lay in the sun naked????
  6. Huck

    Huck Silver

    There is something wrong with my prostate, bladder, colon, or something else in that area. The drop in psa indicates inflammation has also dropped in the last 3 months. First thing is to rule prostate cancer in or out. Next is probably a colonoscopy. Just doing some research and see there is a virtual colonoscopy which is similar to the prostate mri I am scheduled for. Too bad they can't do both at once. Or maybe they can. Think I will contact them and see if it is possible. Unfortunately the virtual colonoscopy isn't covered by medicare. There is a bill to add it to medicare, but it is sitting in committee and most likely will die there.

    Just checked and VCU does do the virtual colonoscopy. Average cost seems to be $2000 - $3000, so I probably won't get it unless they give me a huge break as I will already be covering most of the cost through the prostate mri. Being a university, they are tied up in bureaucratic rules that don't bend easily, so I'm not very optimistic they will give me a deal.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  7. Huck

    Huck Silver

    Just found this on LEF. I am mostly already covered, but good info to know.

  8. caroline

    caroline Moderator

    Huck - did you see the thread that Ricardo started about a cancer brew? He has got some great info ... follow his threads - there are several......
  9. Huck

    Huck Silver

    Just had my prostate MRI and the doctor said no indication of cancer!

    I'll fill in the blanks later. Just got home.
  10. Martin

    Martin Gold

    Absolutely good news, Huck.

  11. nonchalant

    nonchalant Silver

    Oh, Huck, I was just thinking about you a couple days ago. Didn't want to ask if you were still waiting for results.
    I'm proud of you. You worked hard on this and you own it, Bud! :)
  12. cantweight

    cantweight Gold

    Yay! Great news!
  13. jib

    jib New Member

    looking forward to your update Huck, you must feel somewhat relieved, or now have more questions why everything is so wonky..
  14. Huck

    Huck Silver

    Yes to both.
  15. caroline

    caroline Moderator

    Great news Huck!
  16. Huck

    Huck Silver

    Thanks everyone. The way I interpreted the lab tests over the last 2 years it seemed unlikely I had prostate cancer, but when primary care doc and urologist both say likely cancer, I didn't know what to think. I noticed 2 significant improvements in symptoms - 1st around early December and 2nd around early January. The only changes I made that "might" be causal are I started taking 2 g of vitamin c per day in late November and started Graminex Flower Pollen Extract in mid December. I did make one other change and that was to stop taking some supplements I had been taking for over a year.
  17. Huck

    Huck Silver

    My MRI Experience.

    Let me start by saying I can be a big baby sometimes, and Wednesday proved to be one of those days. I've never had an IV before and I handled that OK. The probe is really big and except for a couple of ouches and ohs, I handled that OK. That should have been the worst of it. At least that's what I had prepared myself for.

    Apparently as I have gotten older, the slight claustrophobia I have, is now moderate claustrophobia. The nurse led me to think my head would be partially outside the mri, but when they pushed me in, I went all the way in and started to panic. Because I have a slightly pinched nerve in my shoulder, I had to keep my arms folded across my chest instead of pushed back behind my head, so I was squeezed by the tube on both sides. I felt trapped (control freak) and hit the panic button. They brought me back out. I took a few deep breaths and tried to relax and told them I was ready to go again.

    About halfway in I hit the panic button again. This time I was getting nasty looks. I'm surprised they didn't tell me to put my big boy pants on. But this time the problem was different. They had put ear plugs in my ears and I had asked for headphones so I could listen to music while in the tube. It was supposed to be on the oldies station and it was on an urban radio station. Now being trapped in the tube and forced to listen to urban radio for an hour definitely caused me to panic. The radio station was changed and I went back in.

    If you've never been in an MRI, they are LOUD, even with ear plugs in. Most of the time I couldn't even hear the music. And the noises the MRI makes would be perfect in a Halloween haunted house - groans, bangs, whirs, clunks, and screeches. At times, everything starts vibrating - kind of like a massage bed but with sound effects.

    So I'm in the tube and trying to stay calm. I had purposely not drank much water so I wouldn't have to go for at least an hour. Lately, that can be a challenge. Evidently I hadn't drank enough and my mouth and throat were so dry I could barely swallow. My hotel room was hot, the hospital was hot, and there is a gale force wind blowing through the MRI. I needed water. Next time I will be adequately hydrated. I spent most of the first 20 minutes or so just trying to get enough saliva to wet my mouth and lips, swallowing and breathing became challenging. I almost instinctively hit the panic button a few times but kept telling myself the result would be worse than sticking it out. No way did I want to start the procedure all over again.

    If I looked back over my head, I could see a little bit of the room ceiling. This was just enough to keep me from panicking. And then suddenly the gurney starts moving deeper into the tube. "Oh shit" came out without thinking. The technician asks if I'm OK and I mumbled yes. I only moved a few inches farther in and then it moved me back again. But now I was afraid that at any minute, I would be further sucked into this tube. I wasn't. It repeated the few inches again, but that was it.

    My internal clock is telling me the 50 minutes are up. I decided that time had probably slowed down for me and I adjusted the time to 10 more minutes to go. I started counting down the minutes - 1, 2, 3, 4, bang, 5, groan, 6, whir, 6, I mean 7. It was almost impossible to concentrate with all the loud noises going on, so I had to keep readjusting my count. I finally reached 10 minutes - and it kept going.

    What the heck. I had counted for 10 minutes and I could count for another 10 minutes. I was certain it would finish before I counted 10 more minutes. After 5 minutes everything got quiet. CCR is on the radio playing Looking Out My Back Door. If there was ever a sign, that was it. Hurray, done. Clang, bang, whir. Nope, false alarm.

    I restart my countdown. Five more minutes. I count for 5 minutes and the darn thing keeps going. I am just ready to count for another 5 minutes and it suddenly gets quiet. I fell for that once and wasn't going to be fooled again. Then the technician is pulling me out and asking if I am OK. Done.

    I apologize for being a baby and asked how long I was in. They said about an hour, so my internal clock was pretty close. I was under the impression it would be 50 minutes.

    I get dressed, get a big drink of water, and go to my car. Maybe 10 minutes from getting out of MRI to getting to car. Check messages and doctor had called twice and scheduler once. The messages all said doc had already reviewed mri and no cancer was indicated. Go home. No need for biopsy.

    Hurray for MRI, but next time I will look for an open one.

    ETA: Did a little research and it looks like what I want is the wide 3t/MRI which is 4" larger in circumference with a shorter bore. I think my head would actually be outside of the tube during the mri.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  18. fitness@home

    fitness@home Silver

    Huck, never having had an MRI myself, that was quite a description! Not sure I would ever want to now.

    Congrats on the "no cancer indicated" message from the doctor!
  19. caroline

    caroline Moderator

    At Least good news Huck! That sounds so scary .... I would need my big boy pants too......

    Do you get a copy of your MRI? remember Dr.K. said he could tell so much from one....
  20. Huck

    Huck Silver

    I just got this response from the radiologist who reviewed my MRI.

    So I have 2 (BPH and prostatitis) of the 3 main prostate diseases, but fortunately I don't have prostate cancer. The high PSA is explained by the large prostate.
    So with a prostate of 79 cc, 7.9 would be normal and abnormal would be a reading of almost 12, Mine has been between 4.6 and 6.6 for the last couple of years, so it seems everything confirms the mri results. If the darn urologist had done an ultrasound 6 months ago, we could have found this out back then.

    I am experiencing much less discomfort now than a couple of months ago and PSA has dropped from 6.0 to 4.6, so I'm guessing my prostate was even larger in Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov. Someone suggested that the aggressive dre for a PCA3 test back in July might be what set everything off. My already large prostate didn't like being poked and prodded.

    I'm thinking future dre's may not tell me anything, since I have benign prostate nodules. There is no way the doc would know if they are cancerous or not. Hopefully some of the newer cancer detection tests will become available soon.

    What I have been doing for the last couple of months seems to be helping, but I've got to shrink the prostate quite a bit more. Back to doing research.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014

Share This Page