1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Huck - My Journey (BP and Aortic Stenosis)

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Huck, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Huck

Huck Silver

It seems so.

2. Huck

Huck Silver

I don't know why it works, but it sure seems to.

About 10 days ago, I realized that for the previous 3 nights I had gotten up just 1 time on 2 nights and not at all on the 3rd night to go to the bathroom. This pattern has continued every night since then. Prior to that, I got up anywhere from 2 to 6 times a night.

What changed? I think it must be that I had started taking 1000 mg of MSM a few days previous to the change in night time urination. I've noticed a couple of other improvements since starting msm, so I think it might be reducing hidden inflammation.

I can't be sure that MSM is causing the improvement, but maybe someone who is also having this problem might give it a try and let me know if it works for them.

JanSz likes this.
  3. Huck

Huck Silver

I just came up with the grand theory for atherosclerosis. I'm expecting the Nobel committee at any time.

"As the number of, size of, and shape of, particles in the blood stream increase, the likelihood of damage to artery walls also increases."

Jude and Anne V like this.
  4. Anne V

Anne V Gold

nice to hear from you.

i spent 12 days in hospital due to an asthma attack. could not breeze...
    after they iv ...god knows what, with me having difficulties to breeze and looking like a mop
    they finally did a magnesium iv. back to normal in 5 minutes!!!

so after the lung chap came to see me to say he would put me in a coma 9bit of water in the lungs)
    the next day ... my response was oh no you re not...

and requested to be sent to the cardio unit, which they did looking at my file.

part from i had lovely inmates, sorry roommates, they did a zillion tests.

all the bloodwork came back good

then the angiogram came back with all arteries clear !
    did they clear since stents were inserted in 2013????

the day i came in they did aortic valve echo
    that still not good
    they do not seem to worry too much .

requested permission to go home granted for 2 days a week
    in and out the ward as many times as poss
    my nickname there is the traveller:rofl:

since yesterday i feel the stenosis on the A valve has greatly diminished
    went to Lanzarote for 8 days
    came back today
    could walk carrying stuff without being out of breath, at a good pace.

what they gave me and still take is diuretics 40mg 1 a day
    my bp went to hardly 100/65
    they were worried it was getting too low:rolleyes:

but after the week away , i feel great :cool:

and i feel it is gone!!!

Huck likes this.
  5. Huck

Huck Silver

I hope the worse is behind you. What caused the asthma attack?

I am starting to think that leaky gut causes almost all disease. Have you had a test for zonulin?

I have had 3 echoes within the last year and there has been little change. I still don't have any symptoms, so I don't qualify for the tavr trial, even though as is severe. This waiting is for the birds. I would rather have tavr and get on with my life, but they insist that it get worse. Sometimes I question whether all the work I put into staying as healthy as possible is worth it.

I had an appt yesterday with my integrative doc. She is by far the best doc I have ever had. She even admits when she doesn't know something. As I was leaving she said, I always learn so much when you come in. I had been asking her questions about chylomicrons and vldl and lps's that were well beyond anything she learned in med school. I had also brought in an article explaining why stents are unnecessary unless a patient is having a heart attack - something she was unaware of.

Anne V likes this.
  6. Anne V

Anne V Gold

do you have physical symptoms?
    i am learning, have nothing done unless desperate.
    i have found in the UK key hole surgery
    but still wait (with a bit of luck they have a looong waiting list!!!)

do u still have HBP?
    then try furosemide 40mg (diuretic)

some people i know (2) had tavr and died within 1 month
    DO YOU FEEL BAD???

7. Anne V

Anne V Gold

the asthma was caused by an extremly stressful phone call. it happened half way through . i had no asthma for 15 years.

8. Anne V

Anne V Gold

can you live the life you want without an op?
    is it just fear that makes u wish to have it done,
    if i get it right u are ok now are you?
    so would u project what could happen
    and want to control (stop it) now
    before all these terrible things happens to you:)

9. Huck

Huck Silver

Don't let people get to you. Always put yourself first.

No symptoms. I feel good. My latest ejection fraction was 60%-65%, so breathing hasn't been a problem. Haven't had a problem with blood pressure in over 6 months, in fact I cut back on the 1 BP med I am still taking.

I was early for my doc appt yesterday, so I went to a nearby park. I walked down a very steep hill, around the picnic area, and then started back. Although it wasn't a huge hill, it was much steeper than what I am used to. I started wondering if I could make it up the hill OK. I was breathing a little harder when I got to the top, but no harder than I would have been 4 or 5 years ago.

Think about my theory. As the number of particles in the blood increases, there are more opportunities for particles to collide with artery walls and cause damage. Whether it's ldl, or triglycerides, or glucose, or toxins, or lps or white blood cells, they would start bouncing around in the arteries. Close to the heart they are under a lot of pressure so that would increase the damage. So anything that decreases triglycerides, cholesterol, glucose, inflammation, etc to normal levels should reduce the opportunity for damage. Grounding and getting plenty of sun would lower viscocity and make blood vessels more flexible, also helping to prevent damage. But if one has a leaky gut, that has to be fixed first.

Think about the ball machine they use for bingo or the lottery. All the balls colliding with each other and the sides of the container. That's what I think may be going on in our arteries. Once the artery wall is damaged, like any wound it first scabs over and eventually new cells grow over the damaged area. Some of the particles in the bloodstream are either used for repair or accidentally stuck in the repair. I can imagine that ldl, which is a small particle, might get lodged in a hole created by particles hitting the cell walls and forcing a small opening.

10. Huck

Huck Silver

Although I am doing everything I can to try to reverse as, there are no confirmed cases of anyone reversing severe aortic stenosis. I also have 80% blockage in OM2, which I am prepared to live with, but doctors are insisting on a stent. They haven't convinced me of the need, so I am still discussing the stent with them.

As I am 70, and the odds are about 100% that I will have to have my valve replaced, I want it done asap so I can move on with the rest of my life. If tavr was covered by Medicare, it would be different, but since I have to rely on being accepted into a tavr trial, I need to be in contact with a facility that participates. I am being seen by a participating major university that is about 1 1/2 hours from my house. I don't want to move until I have had the valve replaced as there is no participating facility close to where I plan on moving.

What it comes down to is if I stay here, I can likely have TAVR, but if I move I very well might have to have open heart surgery. I will do almost anything to avoid open heart surgery.

Can I live without an op? I don't think anyone with severe as can live without having the valve replaced. I think if it was mild or moderate, possibly future damage could be stopped and surgery avoided, but not with the damage that severe causes.

Anne V likes this.
  11. Anne V

Anne V Gold

so how come my arteries are now clear???

12. Anne V

Anne V Gold

if necessaty i will have the key hole surgery
    since yesterday the difference is so great, AS
    i will not need it .

13. Huck

Huck Silver

Many people with aortic stenosis don't have arterial plaque. Two different problems.

There are many scientific studies showing that arterial plaque can be stopped and sometimes reversed, but no studies showing aortic stenosis can be stopped or reversed.

Anne V likes this.
  14. Huck

Huck Silver

I came up with a visual that is helping me stay on track. I picture my blood system as a polluted river with tributaries. My job is to get rid of any pollution and make the river and everything it touches healthy again.

Someday there will be an all encompassing blood panel where you give a pint of blood and they can tell you just about everything wrong with you. Once they automate it and use AI, it shouldn't be cost prohibitive.

Anne V likes this.
  15. Anne V

Anne V Gold

funny, i am doing the visual too :)

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Now you are talking.
    In the mean time I am testing everything I am able to get my hands on.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  17. Anne V

Anne V Gold

the only difference with the visual i see it all clear and beautiful , and bring gratitude into my heart

Huck likes this.
  18. Huck

Huck Silver

I see mine as much cleaner than 3 or 4 years ago, but now I see extra glucose or bad bacteria, etc clogging up my blood and I need to get it as clean as possible. That should help my heart, my kidneys, my liver, my brain, etc.

Almost like a video game where you see something floating in the river that shouldn't be there and you figure out a way to blast it out of the water.

Anne V likes this.
  19. Anne V

Anne V Gold

i like that, N=1 whatever is best for each one of us. :D is good.
    sounds like a great game:cool:

20. Anne V

Anne V Gold

shall we change that :rofl:
    because it has not been done , does not mean it cant be done!:D

JanSz likes this.