1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Huck - My Journey (BP and Aortic Stenosis)

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Huck, Jul 22, 2013.

1. JanSz

JanSz Silver

[qu ote="Huck, post: 222910, member: 1100"]What I decided to do is make my own meals based on Yes foods. I don't like the green smoothie so I have spinach with a lot of evoo and 2 eggs for breakfast. I think it was the fat in the avocado that really messed me up. Instead of his snacks I have raw carrots or celery (both on his Yes list). I eat a big salad with lunch/dinner. I'm trying to eat a big late lunch and then skip dinner. That gives me about a 16 hour daily fast.

Grundy actually recommends juicing and then throwing the juice out and eating the pulp.[/quote]

Just to be upside down.

/
  2. Huck

Huck Silver

Have you got Dr Bredesen's book? You would love it. It has all the labs to get and the optimal values for each, plus supplements if needed.
  3. Huck

Huck Silver

Big breakthrough. I got up at 5 am and decided to check BP: 116/75. Checked again at 6:30: 111/77.

I can't remember ever having my early morning BP under 120/80. Time to cut the med again.
    caroline likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Silver

5. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Great news.
    Why did it happen?
    lectins???

6. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Just to be upside down.

/[/quote]
    Just to be upside down.
    or rather:
    this whole thing about health is counter-intuitive.

7. Huck

Huck Silver

8. Huck

Huck Silver

I don't know because I am still eating potatoes. I think the K2 (MK7) has something to do with it. It also might have something to do with my wifi. I have stopped eating green peppers and fruit, and am using more olive oil. Those are probably the biggest changes in diet. I plan on doing some testing to see if I can figure out what specifically has caused such a major change.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Silver

10. JanSz

JanSz Silver

@Huck

What do you think of this (does this make a sense and if so why):
    https://www.apoe4.info/wiki/Dr_Gundry's_Protocol
    "Reduces the activation of the mTOR pathway and reduces IGF-1 through the limitation of animal protein. Both animal and human studies show that the lower the IGF-1, the longer and better (more healthily) a person lives."
    --------------------------------------
    Is this about overall IGF-1 level
    or
    about some part of IGF-1 that is made this in this particular way?
    ----------------
    IGF-1 is closely correlated to GH, Growth Hormone. It is like the active part of the GH.
    That is, GH supplementation is monitored by monitoring IGF-1,
    and
    if supplementation with GH does not raise IGF-1 then instead of continuing with GH, one should switch to direct IGF-1 supplementation.

11. JanSz

JanSz Silver

https://www.apoe4.info/wiki/Increase_focus

Approach: Pantothenic acid
    Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) 150mg (helps with alertness)
    --------

For years, mostly since I started using Spectracell micronutrient analysis
    i found having B5 defficiency,
    that persisted regardless of me changing supplementation, amounts and products.
    Until:

optimal journal Debra https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/optimal-journal-debra.19042/page-4#post-212746

Provitamin B5 (d-panthenol)

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/optimal-journal-debra.19042/page-9#post-221589
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

13. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Testosterone is just one hormone.
    Part of
    Steroid Hormone Panel

With advent of DUTCH test (available anywhere where there is internet, post office and credit card)
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-199890
    variety of interactions can easily be evaluated (and optimized),
    something that just couple years ago was a subject to convoluted and often erroneous speculations.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/#post-89857

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:40 AM
  14. JanSz

JanSz Silver

upload_2017-9-14_11-29-40.png

upload_2017-9-14_11-34-0.png

upload_2017-9-14_11-37-8.png

upload_2017-9-14_12-10-59.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017 at 11:11 AM
  15. drezy

drezy Gold

Are you their salesman Jan?
    JanSz likes this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

I get ill with the "dashboard" to track your progress. Hey, if your life fits into a dashboard it's time to get a richer life.

BTW the cognitive training app in our house is called boardgames. The great thing about boardgames is that their contrast ratio actually improves when used in sunlight!

The upside if you have a kid who's attention span you want to improve while boardgaming. Flagrantly cheat and bend the rules if they aren't paying attention. Instant attention span increase with near zero work.

On the other end of life this reminds me of old guys in parks playing chess, checkers, or dominoes. That's cognitive training but does lack the dashboard...
    JanSz likes this.
  17. Huck

Huck Silver

I go to youtube university. I just learned how to replace bushings on my lawn tractor. Replaced the bushings, replaced a worn wheel stem, and replaced the rim and tire. Also learned enough about brickwork to replace some damaged bricks. Last Spring I built a new greenhouse that my neighbors thought came from a kit. Now I'm replacing some damaged subfloor in the bathroom.

I'm also learning how to replace wheel bearings on my travel trailer and am thinking about trying to paint my old Blazer (with an electric spray gun) that I use to tow my trailer.

People keep asking me why I don't just pay someone to do these things, but they are things I wish I had learned how to do years ago. Learning how to do them now exercises my brain and my body.
    drezy likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Silver

You are turning so many rocks that just following you is big part of my mental exercise.

I am really glad that you are here.
  19. Huck

Huck Silver

Thanks Jan. I wish I had your memory and attention to detail.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Swab your nose with Kimchi juice.

page 205

//////