1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Howdy from Central Alberta

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Duane Baumgartner, Jul 14, 2019 at 11:56 AM.

1. Duane Baumgartner

Duane Baumgartner New Member

I'm a 69 year old male that has spent most of his life in rural,sunny Alberta. I love all the trees we have and can see the Rocky mountains off to the west when I travel to the west country, a short 30 minute drive. I love where I live. My grandpa homesteaded here in 1898 coming from Ireland. I live only 5 miles from the old homestead that my cousin still farms. My wife, now deceased, always said my roots went to the earth's core.

My whole life I have tried to be aware of what was healthy and what was not. You would never know that by looking at me, 5 foot 8 inches and 240 pounds! I know what to eat and what not to but at times I let my cravings trump my knowledge. I have been involved with many modalities and believe in the powers within.

I worked in construction my whole life and always got lots of sun. I'm an avid fisherman and when I wasn't working you could always find me camping and fishing. Then 2 years ago the bottom fell out of my world. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease to go along with my sleep apnea (12 years) and cataracts, which I had surgery on in January and April. Up until that point in my life I had rarely been sick.

Luckily I found a link to one of Jack's podcasts a week ago and things have really started to change. I had heard of circadian rhythm but had never paid much attention to it. I know I need to drink healthy water and lots of it, which I do. So for the last 3 days I have been getting up a bit after sunrise and grounding and looking towards the east, the sun. WOW!! Things changed so fast I can hardly believe it. Better frame of mind, way more energy and sleeping much better, just by catching a few rays!! Who would have thunk it!? LOL

Now I'm really getting into this with blue blockers, red light, healthy eating, more seafood and more Jack and his informative videos on Youtube. I have a real thirst now for more knowledge.

Thank you, Dr. Kruse

2. Hey Duane. Welcome. You are in the right place. Im no scientist, but absolutely believe that sunlight and circadian rhythm are non negotiable, critical ingredients of human health. I have great childhood memories of living in Calgary during the early 70s but we were afraid of Ponoka! Now id love to go there. Good luck.

3. Duane Baumgartner

Duane Baumgartner New Member

Hey thanks Marko. I have heard all my life of people being scared of Ponoka because of the provincial mental hospital. There is nothing to fear from most of the mentally ill as they are just sick souls, that have a disease most don't understand, looking for help and compassion. Very sad stories in most cases though there are also violent ones too. They are very well screened before they get "town privileges."

You still in Calgary? If so are you tangled up with the stampede this week? Always a fun time.

4. Duane. I agree with you about mental illness. We were just kids. I moved away after grade 6. Moved alot as a child but Alberta was my favorite place by far. As i think back, im grateful to have lived there. I would love to go to the Stampede again. We went to the pendleton roundup last year and loved it.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Duane and welcome....

Please start an optimal journal in the journal section ..... so we can follow along with you on your journey to wellness.