1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How would one hook up an Ipad to the ethernet connection?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by lilreddgirl, Apr 25, 2016.

1. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

How is this done? Are there special cords necessary?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

get rid of it. That is the wise move.

3. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

It's not mine ;)

It's being used as an alternative to a full laptop... if I can get it etherneted. I see pros and cons for both when contrasting iPad to full laptop (ethernet connection for both).

4. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

personally I think a laptop is better.(you can chose among 1000 of models the least worst and customise individual parts)
    if ipad doesn't have an ethernet port then use an usb/ethernet converter.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^that

6. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

It seems that most of the usb-ethernet converters available on Amazon states that your device has to support Ethernet, otherwise the converters won't work. I followed the instructions on one of them to check out if I can use it for my Android tablet. Unfortunately, I do not have the 'Ethernet' option in the settings under "Wireless and Networks". :(

If your device supports Ethernet, then it would be listed there, but the option would be 'grayed out'.

7. Dan E

Dan E can someone flip my picture please :P

Someone posted this I don't remember where