1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How will I ground?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by John Smith, Apr 13, 2016.

1. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Here is the problem. I have had over protonation in my right foot since I was kid. Everyone says it is a genetic predisposition but you can never be sure. This means that I need something called an orthotic to maintain proper foot movement. You can look it up if you do not know what I am taking about. The problem is that by walking barefoot and grounding I actually make the situation worse. You need to wear an orthotic with closed shoes like running shoes. If I avoid this advice I could get lower back pain and and other pains and aches in later life? My parents say the way I walk is very distorted. Even if I purchased closed grounding shoes, my orthotic is made of plastics so I would not be effectively grounding. Do you guys have any ideas? I do not want to have chronic pain when I am 50 because I have been ignoring this and walking barefoot.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I sit outside every morning for a couple of hours ....having breakfast, coffee, talking, reading, listening to music with my bare feet on the ground and as little clothes as possible.

I also lay on the grass - naked when I have the opportunity.

Think outside the square - make things work for you!! Hug a tree! sleep in the woods, swim in a stream.

I also have foot problems so I understand what you are saying. I didn't think orthotics were made out of plastic?

Do you see a good osteo? Where are you located? there is a really good osteo on the forum ......Paleo Osteo

3. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Hello,

I wear orthotics so how am I supposed to ground all the time. I need to wear closed shoes with orthotics. I could sit or lie on the ground but people like Mercola have made sitting or lying like the most unhealthy thing ever. He actually sits less than 30 minutes per day

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think you may be taking things out of context maybe? I would guess that Joe Mercola is talking about a standing desk.

What does he do in his down time??? He is pretty aligned with Dr. K. on many things

I guess I need to ask .....Why are you here?

Dr. Kruse is very specific about protocols here and can give you all the science you could ever possibly want.

Have you read all the recommended books?

I do understand the orthotic thing ..... but you still need to get grounded to Mother earth!

Can you not sit outside in the early morning having your breakfast and coffee, with bare feet on the ground and little or no clothes?
    That is pretty easy.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you read ..... Health and Light? By John Ott

6. John Smith

John Smith New Member

I get that. I really do ground myself at least half of the day but I need to lie and sit on the ground. I thought that it was bad to be in a sitting position for too long regardless even if you are grounded?

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

not sure I understand .....I suppose one wouldn't just sit for three hours - at least I wouldn't. do you lay on the grass and read?

8. Inger

Inger Silver

I believe feet can only improve by walking barefoot on uneven ground in the wild nature......
    our body is a master of healing and compensating when we just give it the right conditions :)

making too many artificial crutches might just not weaken us further.... IMHO

I often lay down and read in the sun..... so nice :) I can lie like that for hours! Or just listen to the birds and contemplate.. or just rest my brain. It is magic to just be one with your beautiful surroundings and forget about everything else... blue sky... the green... flowers.....the sun.....

endless, caroline and lohd2015 like this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

any connection to the ground works.......this is not that hard. Just make it happen in some fashion.

10. shah78

shah78 Gold

Make your own grounding shoes out of your existing stock of shoes and orthotics. Google DIY grounding shoes. COSTS LESS THAN $1 FOR A PAIR OF SHOES.

caroline and lohd2015 like this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^I like that

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

yep - lying on the grass, preferably naked and reading, listening to music, day dreaming, spending time with those you love ....doesn't get much better than that.

13. endless

endless New Member

Maybe look into alternate ideas about your pronation, as well....there is a whole other school of thought that going barefoot and allowing the feet to strengthen instead of constantly supporting with orthotics and structured shoes will correct the imbalances.

http://www.drgangemi.com/athletes/footwear/

caroline likes this.
  14. akshay ortho

akshay ortho New Member

I have fallen arches and it's very hard to find a comfortable shoe, but this is one of the most comfortable I've found. I love the versatility of the straps which makes it so easy to get the shoe on and off and to adjust the heel to my foot. I like my OrthoFeet shoes so much that I just bought a pair of dress shoes so I can be comfortable all the time!

15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

SPAM insoles make any shoe comfortable !