1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Whoot!! I'm going to get out in the tank this afternoon- even if it is drizzling... I love it when the water gets cold. interesting thing is now when it gets cold - my skin flushes a beautiful pink - people always ask me If I've been tanning... LOL!

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

HAve I told you all how much I prefer water in the 40 deg range... just spent 30 min in 53 deg water....and its always harder..... btw

Pink is the new black Dali

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Gretchen, I'm used to the lower 30's. The very idea of 50F water .... makes me shiver!
    I really don't think it is cold enough to turn off those temperature sensors, whatever they are.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I agree- whats funny is I can stay in the cold water longer than the 50 deg water...

People think I' nuts when I tell them that I get in a cold tank... and maybe I am but I feel awesome afterwords!!!! endrophine high???? aMSH high??? PPP High???

I like that from now on I shall talk about gettin' my aMHS and PPP high on when I discuss CTing...

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am envious of you guys ...... my tap water is 75 and the ocean is 65 and I am now burning in the sun .....WTH!

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Bummer Audrey... that's what it was like up here this summer... though not as hot as usual but hot enough to require ice to get any where for CT...

I will say this fall I'm warming up a lot faster than last year after I get out of the tank...

7. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Just started wearing the pink myself this past week....feels so much better when it's colder, but my hands and feet still keep my time pretty short.

8. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

That would be endocannabinoids making you feel so good.

9. nicld

nicld Gold

I was going to ask how long it take you to rewarm. Weekends are not too bad for me but evenings even after 2 hours I am still uncomfortable when going to bed. I am hoping this gets better soon.

10. I agree. Water in the 38-45 degree range seems to be more tolerable than a warmer temperature. However, I also have experienced a burning sensation when the water is colder than 38. I usually don't last more than 15 minutes in that case although I have gone as long as 30 minutes in "very cold" water. So, 38-45 is the new lukewarm!! :p

11. Have any of you noticed a change in your perception of time, after CT?

I had the weirdest sensation while driving home from the beach after my North Sea CT session today. It felt like everything around me was moving at a slightly faster pace than normal. I kept checking my speedometer because I thought I (and everyone else) were speeding, but I was not. Also, g-force in corners felt too low for what the visual cues suggested. A totally surreal experience. The effect gradually wore off after maybe 10-15 minutes.

While I am (very, very vaguely) aware of how quantum effects might cause something like this, but I cannot quite get my head around how it could be noticable on this scale. What's going on?

12. nicld

nicld Gold

I cannot have my hands and feet in the water at all. Even with keeping them out the feet get so cold that I have to rewarm them of walking hurts. Maybe someday I can get them in.

13. Thanks, IvanDrago! Good to know that I'm not alone. I, too, was freaked out a bit.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Wool gloves, hat, sox .....

15. Neoprene boots, neoprene gloves .....

16. freesia

freesia Old Member

I've never got my feet in under 50 F (neoprene or wool socks for me) but what I found about a year in, is my feet were re-warming really fast. I just went a whole Winter without footwear...except in the bath.
    If I go out of course I wear something, but I usually end up taking them off.
    I have sheepskin slippers, possum fur inners - merino possum socks...a whole bunch of "essentials" ;) I bought just before I started CT and they have been made firmly redundant!
    I think for some people the feet can take a while to catch up, but with consistency they will eventually. In the meantime do what you need to do to keep yourself reasonably comfortable.

17. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

What I do when the water is really cold in the pond is wear a pair of wool socks and felt slippers the whole time. I keep mitts on my hands and then I don't get the white blanched look on my fingers and toes when I get out. The water is about 40 degrees now, so I'm wearing socks...not quite time for the slippers yet. I just rinse them out and they dry off in the shower until I use them again.

18. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I haven't noticed anything like that, OptimalB. I have noticed a slight change in perspective in vision that went away after a bit.

19. nicld

nicld Gold

Ok, so the blonde in me is coming out and I should know this as one of my degrees is in Apparel manufacturing but just not clicking. So, some here wear wool socks in the tub? From what I remember wool does have great wicking properties but one they get soaked they trap the water by the skin so no different then putting the bare feet in the tub.

For Christmas I am going to ask for some shearling slippers with no sole, just fleece and leather. I cannot get outside anymore for grounding with just leather slippers. Feet got too cold yesterday. I HATE it when the feet get so cold...and so does the hubby.

20. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Nicid....I do my CT in a pond and yes, I wear the socks into the water. Wool keeps you warm when it is wet....amazing stuff...felted wool is even better. There is a shoe thread here somewhere that has a lot of good sites for finding all leather footwear. If you wear natural fiber socks with your leather slippers that should still allow you to get some good grounding.