1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Everything in Oz is at least ten times more ........at least it seems that way....

4. Hemming

Hemming New Member

I have a question for everyone. Do you also find that when it gets colder or you do more CT that your appetite for fat goes up and carbs down? Autumn is coming here in Denmark and I've just noticed that swimming, keeping a cool apartment and sleeping in a <15C room has changed my dietary habits. I guess its somewhat of the same as Navy SEALs and polar explorers have reported where they start craving fat.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yep ..... I can't get full otherwise....and too much protein makes me feel like puking....

6. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

The more fat I eat, the more fat I crave. Also, the more fat I eat, the less carbs I desire. I notice this independent of CT.

CT tends to blunt my appetite on the whole.

7. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

Regarding my pursuit for a chest freezer/CT bath, I have ordered a pool liner to put on the inside, and found this temp sensor which should do the trick for keeping my tub at the temps I want: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CM6ELBY/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item It looks like it'll take a little wiring, but I'm not worried about that :)

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to attach the pool liner to the chest freezer without causing a loss in the ability to seal at the top. I'm thinking I may even use magnets for this, since they'd adhere to the internal walls of the freezer due to the metal construction... would this even serve dual purpose of reducing the field around me while CTing at the same time?? :) I bet a couple of those Harbor Freight monster magnets would do the trick. If I set it up like this, does anyone know what I should try to avoid regarding the magnetic poles? Should I assure all of the same polarity face me (or, face in rather), and if so is there a preference to the N/S pole?

I've got a couple of potential freezers on craigslist that I am looking into as well... seems like a decent sized chest freezer (~14 gal) is $100-150 around here on the used market.

8. Hemming

Hemming New Member

I have noticed that my heart rate has increased for most of the day after I've been exposed to both colder water and air temperatures as fall is coming. Is this a normal sign of adaption or could it be a bad sign of something else? I can definitely tolerate lower temperatures now so is this my body's way of staying warmer?

9. nicld

nicld Gold

Good question.

It seems, for me, that my internal furnace is kicking on now that i have been doing CT for a couple of months but I have not noticed the higher heart rate. I so hope that it means that I can handle the cold better too.

10. Hemming

Hemming New Member

I definitely feel warmer and I've noticed that I've started to sweat a little just from being in the office at work. If it gets above 22C its almost uncomfortable for me.
    Its not a huge difference but its higher. There might be other factors as my heart rate has been quite low, during sleep it could go below 40 and just sitting below 50.

My own thinking is that my heart rate has increased because I feel warmer and that my body has to get rid of the excess heat by pumping more blood to the surface of the skin - just like when you're in a very hot environment.

11. oliveview

oliveview New Member

I wanted to join in on this thread. I started CT recently and am doing baths. Our cold water temp is only about 70 degrees this time of the year so I have to add ice. I'm staying in the tub for about 40-45 minutes at about 64-65 degrees. Is that cold enough to do any good? I could have gone colder last night but I was out of ice. I'll try again tonight!

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Oh... How I've forgotten what 46 degree water feels like. Boy have I missed it! I will say I never truly understand why its easier for me to CT in water colder that 50 deg but it is. 40min in 46deg water is awesome where as anything above 50 is just plain torturous. I guess maybe b/c I don't get the numb sensation....

After getting out I did a couple of rounds of kettlebell swings, as well as some burpees...

13. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Anything that is lower than your internal temp. is doing some good so keep at it and try to add more ice when you can!

14. nicld

nicld Gold

Think I stayed in too long, really started to shiver. Last weekend I was able to stay in for almost 2 hours without any problems. Difference this weekend is that I have been on Pg for a week. I think that this has happened before. Will really need to keep track of this and see if there is a definite pattern. Next weekend I should have started a cycle thanks to it coming every 25 freeking days, ughhhhh. Hope that gets better soon.

Gretchen, are you still doing it outside? Just checked yesterday and I do still have a stock tank that we are not using so I will be starting that next year. The water I set outside last night to bring in for today's CT had a nice layer of ice on it.

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Oh... How I've forgotten what 46 degree water feels like. Boy have I missed it! I will say I never truly understand why its easier for me to CT in water colder that 50 deg but it is. 40min in 46deg water is awesome where as anything above 50 is just plain torturous. I guess maybe b/c I don't get the numb sensation....

After getting out I did a couple of rounds of kettlebell swings, as well as some burpees...

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

yes still CTing out side... today's was awesome...

17. nicld

nicld Gold

Lucky girl :)

I don't know why I did not think of trying that this summer, darn it.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

coud you put your stock tank in a garage or a shed - and use it all winter?

19. nicld

nicld Gold

Nope, it gets so cold here that EVERYTHING freezes. Lakes freeze so the point that people drive vehicles on them and fish. We have to put a tank heater in our animals water tank to get them fresh water all winter and that really raises the electric bill. No way would hubby let me heat up a tank for me to take a bath in outside when I can do it inside. He would send me to the looney bin if I did that :)

20. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

Game on! Native water in the low 40s. Pink is the color for November in upstate NY until the ice.