1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. 45 minutes in our 50 degree pool. Air temp also is 50 degrees. Gettin' easier every day! So convenient to use our pool, but we'll have to figure out something else when it warms up in michigan!

2. Melinda

Melinda New Member

With your comment in mind, I decided to not swim today and see what my hands did. However, I changed another parameter and had a different experience. The air temp was cooler and there was a breeze. I was apprehensive instead of eager and I was only one hour past a big, late, breakfast. Usually I go in the pool around 11am, 3-4 hours after breakfast. I know the protocol is a full tummy and ice water before training but I did it my way, ha. Today, I started shivering hard at the 10 minute mark and I finally got out after 25 minutes of full body immersion up to chin and face in frequently. This is the most shivering I've done and my abs were still tense for about an hour afterwards. I'm thinking this is the better experience for CT than my previous tame version were I chill but don't shiver.

3. Congrats! :) First is the hardest!

4. Lexi

Lexi New Member

did my 2nd bath yesterday, full immersion this time, except for head. water was 70 to start.... don't know how you guys do it @ 60 or 50. not very much appetite today, so i am liking that part.

5. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

I got a ton of CT time in yesterday. But man, this morning I was NOT looking forward to that cold shower. It was one big psychological hurdle.

6. dkenward@yahoo.com

dkenward@yahoo.com New Member

I have been taking cold baths for several weeks, but not doing too much on the upper torso, at least not in the bath. A few nights ago I decided to "man up" and keep my head submerged so just my eyes, nose and mouth are out of the water. Last night I was able to maintain this for about 10 minutes.

My sleep has gotten worse since I started doing this. Last night I took my blood pressure afterwards because I . I have a history of hypertension, although for a couple months now it's been normal. Last night after CT it was 165 / 105. About half an hour later it had gone down some, but only to 150 / 100. This morning after BAB it was 117/81.

This is starting to bother me a little. Is this to be expected? Should I back off? Thanks in advance for any advice!

7. Pamela

Pamela Gold

I know Dr. K said not to imerse the head. Try it without head immersed and then check BP.

8. Are you guys tubbing doing full body compression? Do you stop compressing once you feel acclimated? I thought the compression helped out skin lower temp faster, thus should be good all the time. . .but it sure is a pain! Anybody who feels they are becoming adapted (I don't, it's slow going here!) I would love to know details.

Jeanie

9. dkenward@yahoo.com

OK, I do not remember reading that! I will keep it dry from the neck up, thanks!

10. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

Today was horrible after 3 days of being unable to have a cold bath (I have been keeping up the cold showers, though) - only managed 30 mins and at a warmer temperature than usual. Feels like I'm back to square one.

11. primat

primat Silver

No time for tubbing - but included a 1h drive with windows open in 36f wearing a t-shirt, knitted cap and gloves. Very noticable that air exposure is not as good as immersion.

12. quelsen

quelsen New Member

due to hypothermia Jack cannot tell you to imerse your head.....

that having been said. i did from day one. i used to get very dizzy now i dont.

stuff happened in my head man... stuff just happened.

13. jumcc

jumcc New Member

wow thats interesting - what do you mean by stuff happened? Are you still going under? How long for? sorry for all the q's!

14. dkenward@yahoo.com

Funny, I didn't have any hypothermia - it felt ok, even kinda warm. But when I could feel my blood pounding in my ears, I figured there might be something wrong....

The reason I immersed my head is I thought it made sense to put every square inch of your body under water that you could get there.

On the other hand, I don't want to stroke out naked in a tub surrounded by ice bricks. I don't know how my loved ones would take that!

For now I'll stick to keeping it dry. We'll see how it goes later.

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Pushed CT to the next level laying in my bath resting my back on 2 bags of ice w/1 laying on my tummy/lower chest. Amazing. Not even shivering completely numb from my mid chest/back on down. Going to continue w/this 3x/week. Going to look for a big bucket I can fit myself & several bags of ice so I can do this midday/early evening through out the summer and into next fall! Optimal here I come. 100% disease free in 24 mths!!!!!

16. dkenward@yahoo.com

I ordered this from Amazon this weekend:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SVZ4XM/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

Not sure how I will get in and out of it, but I figure I can rig something up with a step ladder.

I got the idea after watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owcjAQXKuds[/video]][video=youtube_share;owcjAQXKuds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owcjAQXKuds[/video]

This guy had like zero experience it seems and just jumped into this 60-gallon drum with 80 lbs of ice! Maybe not the smartest thing in the world, but you got to admire his guts.

17. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Good news! My feet are CT!!!!! I went for a follow-up doc visit for my injured foot. He said my circulation is excellent! (I had air-CT'd in the morning, and then ice-water foot soak while working on the computer.) He said go for the cold therapy, he didn't care how long or how cold. I now am using water from the fridge to keep the temp low later in the day when the pipes warm up. Does anyone know if it is possible to regenerate damaged nerves with CT? I am chilling both feet just to monitor color, etc.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

I asked Dr K. Yesterday "will CT help RSD and he said yes. RSD is nerve damage

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

whole family went CTing for BD!

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

B

Sorry to be so foggy - what is BD? I am sitting in a tub of ice water right now - I guess it isn't helping me fast enough!!