1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. cantweight

cantweight Gold

So, I didnt get to CT today....turned on the faucet and brown water came out!

Got to love this country livin'...lol Well issue prompted me to call about the polar pool....it is $20,000!

Someday :)

2. kleinb87

kleinb87 Silver

Caroline, I remember Jack saying that.

Looking at South Carolina and the gulf coast. My requirements are a small house close to middle of nowhere, near the beach, far away from resorts, lots of great seafood, and a town with character. The search is in full force right now.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

That sounds awesome Bobbi.....that is hurricane territory tho ....isn't it? I guess where Jack is - is as well?

Your family is in Europe? Is that a possibility?

4. kleinb87

kleinb87 Silver

I wish I had family in Europe. Right now it is just my best friends. If I can generate enough work for my company and a visa then possibly living abroad would be an option.

5. nicld

nicld Gold

GULP!!!!! Wow, that's quite a bit of change. Unless I win the lottery, one of those won't be in my future. One can dream. Time to go an make some more ice for tomorrow AM.

6. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

Three hours at 40 degrees this morning. The PPP just keeps on giving...

7. nicld

nicld Gold

That is so AWESOME!!!!!

8. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Very nice! How often do you that? Do you have a bathtub you can cool to that temperature? I guess you must also be eating quite a lot too - do you eat a seasonal or pure ketogenic diet all year?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

So freaking crazy...!!! 3hours! You really encouraged me to start real CT NOW! I just filled some bottles with ice and put into the freezer... tomorrow I'll do a bath... I have been so lazy with real CT this summer. But I do miss it. I wonder what you did CTing all those hours? :eek:

10. nicld

nicld Gold

Inger, I do the same thing with milk jugs. I have 4 1/2 gallon and one gallon and they work great. I loved CT'ing during summer. It is so nice to go outside and lay in the sun on the ground to rewarm.

My 90 minutes today seem rather measly now.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

But - as Inger said - what do you do for three hours???

12. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

For my CT sessions thinking of getting a chest freezer. Filling it with water. Then setting it on a timer for 3-4 hours each night to regulate the temperature to 50 or below. I then I have an ice bath to jump into at anytime. Any downsides to this and does anyone do this? Just tired of freezing jugs and toting them to the bathtub each time.

Thanks for any suggestions.

13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Someone did this last year... there are pictures somewhere in the forum. Worked well, as I recollect.

14. cantweight

cantweight Gold

If that works it may be just the solution I was looking for!

My concern is cleaning it....saw one with a drain....guess that could work.

15. freesia

freesia Old Member

Nothing much to offer except..What a great idea!!

I tote jugs and blocks and bags of ice and there's always a wait time for the bath to be ready.

Yes just the issue of cleaning. Guess you'd need to figure out if that could end up being as much work as toting the jugs. Definitely a drain would help.

16. nicld

nicld Gold

Not sure if a chest freezer is designed to hold that much liquid. It might have too much pressure as the water tries to freeze. Then it would freeze from the outside in so might have a layer of ice around the edges.

It's an idea though.

17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Look at page 90 of this thread. Qodesh used a combination of a stock tank and a chest freezer.

18. freesia

freesia Old Member

Yes great find! I remember that.

@nlcd good points - might need mixing at intervals - like an icecream maker? :D

19. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Great, thanks for the idea's. I got the idea of someone doing it in a chest freezer off the Bulletproof Executive forum.... He just keeps it on a timer so it doesn't freeze over.... I am going to give it a shot and see how it works.... Differently one with a drain so I can clean the water often enough.....

20. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Here was the post

I've always enjoyed getting cold - do any of you feel the same or do you purely do it for health reasons? I really enjoy shivering. For this reason I got an old chest freezer, lined it with rubber pond liner, filled it with water, and run it on a timer for 5 hours a night to keep the water at 0C. I love lying in it for an hour or two then enjoy the shivering afterwards aswell. I also feel a lot more full of energy for about 3 days afterwards. Then I realised I was losing weight and looked this site up. I guess being cold burns a lot of energy - I read something elsewhere about 400 calories an hour from being "cold" - but I think that was referring to feeling chilly (eg going for a run in shorts and tshirt at 0C, which I don't call cold at all), not shivering hard, so maybe more calories for that? In winter I go swimming outdoors, the exertion of swimming plus the cold burns a lot of calories. But it's 22C here now which is not very good. The water in a mountain lake nearby is 14C! That's not cold :sad: