1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. agatha

agatha New Member

I will definitely try the naked warmup routine. Interestingly, I did something similar on the beach today after a dip in the sea. Usually I cover up quickly and feel very cold but today I just lay there in my bathing suit and felt fine. I think you have hit on something important.

2. differentstory

differentstory New Member

I am so jealous right now of your "dip in the sea". :p

3. differentstory

I just realized I have not had knee pain in over a week as well. Mine is an aching I get an night if I sit in certain office chairs (I work in an office all day). I have this bad habit of always sitting on one leg in the chair or folding one in front of me in the chair. If I do it too long, my knee will really ache at night.

I will be SO happy if that pain has disappeared. It always made me feel so bad that I had a bad knee at 34!

4. differentstory

That's what mine does too exactly. If I touch my face while in the bathtub, it feels "hot" (comparatively speaking).

5. differentstory

Have you guys found that the bitter melon helps?? I know we keep going back and forth on this. Just looking for someone that swears by it. I currently take 21 different pills (all supplements) in the morning, so I'm not ready to add anything to the mix yet if I can help it. :)

6. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I always eat a high fat/protein meal before CTing. Learned my lesson by trying it one time about 2 hours after eating and it was the worst experience ever. Now I make sure to do it within 30 minutes of a big meal.

7. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I couldn't tell any difference with the bitter melon pills. Maybe it's just me.

8. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

That's what I use, and yes it works like a charm!

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I froze for two hours in my car AC........really lit me up

10. Kpcst

Kpcst Silver

Been CT for 2.5 weeks. Last night was first time I got out of tub and had no coordination. May have over done that one. Felt a lil sick due to my equilibrium being off. Anyone else get this? Or has this already been addressed ?

KP

11. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

I rarely drive, I was amazed at how good my ac works though, got my arms and leg pink in about 10 minutes of exposure. Have a chance to reproduce that session shortly here, so. Today it will be AM bath, afternoon shower, evening a/c, super slow, dinner, shower.

12. Cody

Cody New Member

I've experienced similar. I'm icing right now and feeling slightly dizzy. Guessing its a result of the toxins from my fat.

13. Are you guys submerging? I've seen comments that head under is causing this too. I was dizzy after doing head under. . .perhaps the liquid in the ear tubes gets cold and slow?

14. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

I haven't been putting my head under the water in the bath - only in the shower. I guess I'm a bit of a wimp, but I have a phobia about water over my head, especially my face (the face-dunking induced several major panic attacks to start with - I don't want to go there again!). But I do get myself submerged up to the neck every bath.

15. LinD

LinD New Member

I live in Texas, too, so curious about what you are describing. Do your kegs fit, too, or just your body? Can you post a pic of this ice block?

16. Adria

Adria New Member

The thirst and dizziness I had earlier this wk is now gone. My fasting blood glucose is still @ 60.

Catalin likes this.
  17. primat

primat Silver

Today was intense. I kept my head under for the first time, except for my nose and mouth. Felt like gravity was missing, and I also heated up a lot more than I've done before. Particulary neck and lower back felt a lot warmer. Sinuses cleared themselves. However when I was getting out of the tub I got so dizzy I had to sit back down for a few minutes, so I'm guessing 30 min was a bit long for a first time head-dip :)

18. Mott

Mott New Member

@differentstory...I stay in 30 mins with ice in water after I have adapted to the cold water...I get shivering incidents but this is where I am trying to train my mind to endure and obfuscate...Funny thing happened yesterday...I went into the tub on very empty stomach to see if the cold would eliminate my hunger...I began shivering immediately, even on my gradual descent to cold....I could not last longer than 20 mins....I realize this is an adaptation - a lifestyle choice - and it will take months, years to get to where I need to get to

IMO I want to endure as cold as possible for 30 mins six days a week...anything longer than 30 mins is not productive...I have to get on with life.

19. eva

eva New Member

excellent. 25 min cold shower in the AM and now will icepack my abdomen soon. i feel hot in the face while showering... weird. tried to get the face in more. need to breath tho :)

20. Dan in Utah

Dan in Utah New Member