1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. maggie

maggie New Member

I don't rmember about the betaine, but I do remember Jack saying somewhere that the heartburn/reflux after CT was a good sign--of gut healing. I've experienced it too.

2. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Ooo ,really? Must learn more! I had heartburn last week one night for the first time since giving up wheat 100%!

3. neaderthal

neaderthal New Member

Krusing, what is the cost for the Sam's Club ice? I don't have a Sam's Club nearby only Costco; however, I might have to check Walmart. I've been managing with freezing water in my empty tupperware storage containers as well as keeping several pitchers of cold water in the refrig that I add to the tub. I was able to get our So CA water temp down to 40 degrees a couple of days ago. I'm reluctant to spend $ on ice since I need it for food--obviously, one of the reasons my freezer is empty, & I can fit the tupperware containers in it :)

4. MartiD

MartiD New Member

It occurred to me the other day that I recently added MCT to my coffee in morning to replace CO. I wonder of that could also be causing my stomach issues. I had a bad episode yesterday after eating a handful of pistachios and felt nauseous for several hours.

5. primat

primat Silver

A long shower, then planting flowers, strawberries and a plum tree with my wife/girlfriend and now the daily bath.

Lovely sunday! :)

6. freesia

freesia Old Member

I've had indigestion/heartburn the past 2 nights after a cold bath. I'm rapt if that's a sign of healing. If anyone knows more please share!

(I really thought my 8oz steaks at sunrise would be the culprit of any indigestion, and that never even looked like happening once!)

I'm getting my water to 55F with the addition of about 5lbs of ice and adding a further 5lbs ten minutes in. Bathtime is up to 25 minutes and recovery is taking a couple of hours.

In the morning I feel SLAMMED with detox. Baths are sweet. Getting up at 6.30am to cook BAB is currently...torturous. LOL :D

7. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Haven't CT'ed in a couple of weeks.

Tonight 30 minutes at 58 degrees.

My feet are still tingling 1/2 hour out of the bath!

I usually CT at 62 degrees. At 58 degrees my toes hurt and my soles were numb. I kept trying to envision my feet wrapped in a wool blanket near a roaring fire in an attempt to stay comfortable.

4 degrees made a big difference in my comfort level.

8. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

40 minutes in 55F cold bath. easy and nice. :)

9. Pamela

Pamela Gold

I did a full hour today, first time YIPEE. It felt really good, water temp was 58 when I got in so for tomorrow I'm going to plan to get more ice. I'm not sure if it is the warmer weather or if I am getting adapted but my recovery time is much shorter these days.

10. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Finally got my river time in today! I keep wanting to do it in th eweek, but only get time for it on the weekends.

25m (longest yet) in what was probably 55-60 degrees. FELT GREAT! No shivering.

I also took my 7, 5, & 2yos and told them I'd give them each a dollar if they got in. They all loved it, and the oldest two kept going in slowly for the entire time, till they got about chest deep and stayed. I gave them $3. :)

Lots of people on the trails took their dogs in for a swim ... guess their dogs will be healthier than they.

11. Birdy

Birdy New Member

today's soak was colder than expected. Then I emptied out the tub on the garden while "watching" the eclipse.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I went deep today......after I read about the implications of an expanding universe.

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm craving some DEEP CT... we'll see if I can make that happen today... I've got a lot of work to get through and a follow up w/m PCP this afternoon....

its a rainy spring day here... right now I'd really like to get a big feed trough to put in the back yard!

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Whoot...found a Tractor Supply company about 45mins west of where we live - 100gal stock tank is $70!!!! in store only... sweet... I know what's next on my list... of CT Gear!!

15. MightyAl

MightyAl New Member

I have been seeing the benefits of 20 min cold showers for the past 2 weeks and am feeling the need to get submerged. Hopefully I can buy a stock tank next week and get chilly.

16. Birdy

Birdy New Member

I'll be upgrading my stock tank soon.

17. Jim

Jim New Member

If it's the one I am thinking of, that tank looks pretty small. It is only about 2 feet high. Is that big enough to submerge? Also it is getting so darn warm out I am not sure there will be much of an advantage to it.

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Haven't looked at it...but its got to be deeper/longer than my bath tub... water from the house is pretty cold comes out around 50 deg add some ice and I'm good... there's no way I could keep it full w/the whole mosquito issues in our region... winter time's a whole other story!

19. Pamela

Pamela Gold

Dumped a 22lb bag of ice in my bath and got it down to 55F. Stayed in for 50 minutes. It was definitely colder than what I've been doing so now my aim is to go a little lower. I've been rereading CT6 and he says 2 weeks for cold adaption. I'm going to do my bath every day for 2 weeks and see what changes it brings. Up til now I've only done 3-4 baths per week so doing them daily and getting colder I am hoping will shed some fat cells.

20. Jim

Jim New Member

Agree that the picture looks good but the specs say "2-1/10 feet" for the height. Strange units of measure but whatever. If I go out there to take a look I'll let you know so you can save yourself a trip.

SKU Number: 2229901

Manufacturers Number: 4242-88

Brand: Rubbermaid®

Capacity: 100 gal.

Product Width: 2-3/5 ft.

Product Length: 4-2/5 ft.

Product Height: 2-1/10 ft.

Material: Structural Foam

Drain: Yes