1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Been taking a break because going to get tests this week. A little scary! I hope I can jump right back in!! It's been cold here the last few days (in the 40's at some points, rainy) and I noticed, when outside, I felt cold!! Are you guys getting to the point where you are more comfortable in general cold things?

2. LinD

LinD New Member

You mean like going into the Costco refrigerated section (about 42 or so degrees) in a short-sleeved shirt without hurrying up? Why, yes!

Sprint Samsung Epic

3. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

When taking our dog for a walk in the very early a.m., I pass all sorts of people bundled up in their jackets and sweatshirts.... I smile good morning at them as I walk by in my work slacks and springtime chiffony short sleeved blouse. Hee!

At lunchtime the other day at work, one of the guys mentioned he thought I'd want a coat when we went out, it was a little chilly.... Then we sat outside at lunch....they sat in the sun and shivered with every breeze and I sat in the shade all comfy. Yeah I admit I felt kinda smug!!

Saichi likes this.
  4. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

50F river, 55F weather, pouring rain.

FELT LIKE AN AMAZONIAN.

(Only 10m because I had to run, but it got rid of my can't-sleep headache & foul mood. I was totally warm when I got out of the water and was standing in the cold downpour feeling superhuman!)

5. freesia

freesia Old Member

I want my CT to be like MamaGrok's when it grows up!

I had a very respectable resting temperature last night so I decided to do a cold bath around 8pm. 20 minutes at 57F - coldest I could get it and keep it. A positive development (I think) is that I had no ache in my legs after I got in.

I had no trouble getting to sleep by 10.30pm. (Shame about the 3am waking!)

After my previous bath (2 days ago) I woke twice in the night. Once with strong pain like I haven't felt before in my right knee, then later the same thing in my left knee. Curious stuff! Detox? Then this time I get in and the general leg ache is no longer there.

I love days that feel like progress. :)

6. Melinda

Melinda New Member

The last two days I've tried a different routine for CT. We've added a pre dawn stroll through the neighborhood with skimpy tees and shorts. It's been in the high 50's with no breeze. My skin gets chilled. Got home, put on my swim suit and stepped into the pool. It was 67 and the water felt warm, warmer than 57! It was easy to get in immediately and I stayed in 15 min. Totally felt like I activated the cold receptors in the skin. Felt absolutely wonderful. In the future, I'll use pre skin chilling as a tool to get into cold water.

7. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Love it!

I'm jealous...haven't done nothing like that for too long.

8. Birdy

Birdy New Member

I pre-chill first, mostly because I want to re-use the tub water for a couple of days. I shower off with cold water and then go outside for a soak.

9. primat

primat Silver

Well, technically 67 is warmer than 57 :)

10. maggie

maggie New Member

Maybe this is an Ask Jack question, but I'll put it out here for now see if anyone has had anything similar.

I was in a car accident almost exactly two years ago, left arm broken at the wrist, and lots of deep bruising at shoulder and upper arm and across chest from seat belt.

Recently did CT in (for me) colder than usual water and for longer than usual. Submerged up to ear lobes. Afterwards, got some shooting pains at the fracture site, and my right shoulder blossomed out in my typical detox patch--raised, red, hot and itchy. But my left shoulder--the injured side-- has been excruciatingly painful to the point where I can't raise my arm, and I feel like I'm going to puke if I make a sudden movement. I haven't injured myself recently as far as I know.

I put off taking pain meds because the nsaids are so bad for you, but I broke down last night because I can't do anything and a realtor is supposed to come look at my house Wednesday preparatory to putting it on the market, so I have to get movin'

P.S. What is the least worst pain med?

Thanks.

11. Melinda

Melinda New Member

I was trying to be funny. The thing is sometimes a temperature that I think I "know" feels really cold. I didn't know I could pre-chill for an easier entry. I just got out of the pool, beautiful sunrise, waiting for the coffee. I'm a little itchy, same as yesterday. I see that as a good sign.

Hope everyone has a great CT today.

12. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Jack mentioned somewhere that he had pain at former surgical/injury sites when doing CT. I have been doing deeper CT this week, and have noticed what seems like a higher estrogen level and also a deep pain in my foot as soon as I wake up. It is so painful I have trouble walking in the morning. Then the pain goes away without a trace after a few minutes. This is the same site as a relatively recent injury. I twisted my foot and it was sore for a bit at the time, but never like this. I think this is so weird.

13. maggie

maggie New Member

Birdy, thanks for letting me know about your foot. How do you identify a higher estrogen level?

I remember Jack mentioned that his meniscus surgery site hurt when CT-ing, and I've also had some pain at old surgical sites, but nothing like this. Yours sounds more like what I'm feeling--deep and debilitating. I put some arnica gel on it today, and it seems to be helping. Also, Art Ayers, on his Cooling Inflammation site, mentioned calming down an inflamed tendon just by leaving some Dr. Bronners peppermint soap on it--so I bought some of that today. Anyway it is better now.

thanks again.

14. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Cold bath started at 57F, down to 55F. Followed by a cold shower. 45 minutes total. I'm definitely somewhat adapted, since 57F felt like "normal" to me. For a moment I forgot I was in the "cold tub". 55F was less boring :eek: If I had time I would have tried 54F. Well, there's always tomorrow. When I showered I let the water drop on my back - didn't feel cold at all, I used just the cold tap water (52F) and hardly felt a thing. So I guess that's the "numbness"? Or my back just got used to the cold water. A good thing I guess. :)

15. Birdy

Birdy New Member

my fat get redistributed

16. Birdy

Birdy New Member

I went to the beach today, and it was pretty cold and calm. Unfortunately, it also made the beach undesirable for others, so I cut my swim short after everyone else left. Everyone was really surprised that I was going in. I thought I would catch the sunset, but the sun was actually hidden behind an outcropping well before the actual sunset. Once the beach was darker, everyone wanted to leave. Next time I will have to go earlier.

17. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

48 minutes cold bath, started at 56F, down to 55F. My body was very efficient in warming up the tub water. :eek: Shivered a bit at the end and afterward. Felt fine within 15 minutes.

18. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

35 minutes at 50F today. Oral temperature before was 36.0C, during 36.8C and afterwards 36.5C. An hour after the bath, my oral temperature was 35.7C, which was not so good! Warming up time was very long today, probably because of the break I had from CTing.

19. janagram

janagram New Member

Spot CTed for the first time last night. Put ice on belly for about 15 min., then on each side of my back by the armpit for 15. (trying to get some BAT)

That was a first...then later...I took a hot bath. Hope it didn't undo the effects. Not clear on whether hot baths are now taboo...anyone?

Oh, and slept well for a change!

20. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

New to this thread (and the board). Cted twice today, water at 50-55ish degrees - 30 minutes in the morning after breakfast and 30 minutes at 7pm. The morning Ct session took way, way longer to warm up. This evenings felt colder while I was in it (light shivering almost right from the beginning, which doesn't usually happen for me until the last 10 minutes). However, no deep afterdrop intense shivering upon getting out. In fact, I'm not shivering almost at all, which is amazing me!! I noticed this with my last evening CT session as well.

I had 10 cryopacs in the tub with me. It still only brings the temp down about 5ish degrees. How does one get the really really cold temps I here about?