1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. I just added some ice blankets to the bath to get the areas that are not in the water: upper back and chest. I still keep my feet out so some of my legs are also out. I'm like an ice sandwich! But the part that is interesting is that after 6 weeks I though I would be more adapted but because my chest hasn't received much cold yet, I'm totally shivering like I've fallen into the frozen pond! SO I know I'm not cold adapted on my chest but my back that has had some cold water doesn't feel the new ice on the lower part but the upper part is a little chilled. I can't wait to see what new symptoms may arise. So far after 2 days I have no detox symptoms! Woo-hoo!!

I believe our adaptation correlates to the amount of time in the water, how cold the water is, and how much of our body actually is in the water/ice. We are also all unique and may adapt differently. For me I know I'm still in the adaptation phase even after 6 weeks.

2. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Me too Patty Cakes. I've been CTing since Feb 20th. I've had some detox (gut) and I've had some serious healing of my back. And for that, I'm eternally grateful to Jack. But I need to lose more weight, and I want to be cold adapted, and I'm not.

Sometimes it's easy to sit/lay in the ice bath, and stay there for an hour. But sometimes I shiver like crazy as soon as I'm in, and I want to get out after 30 minutes. Once, last week, my feet stayed painfully cold for hours. There's no reasons I can find that make the difference. So, I just keep doing it. I trust that the process will eventually deliver the results. I don't know how long it will take, and maybe my hormones will need to be sorted before I lose any more weight. I'm not going to try and work it out, I'm just going to stick with it!

3. This trouble warming up after doing CT sound to me like you may have lowered your core body temperature, not just your skin temperature. You might want to take your temperature after doing CT and see if this is what happened.

I remember Dr. Kruse has said to be careful not to do that, but the only reference to that I can find right now is replies 366 and 367 to the CT Protocol post.

Merri

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I take my ipad in with me and try to keep up with this forum. Actually time really flies! But I do find it difficult to read a book.

5. I think part of the dissapointment for me was the commrns from jack about 2weeks for some adaptation. Im a slow adaptor, too - and a few positives would be nice!

I have netflix on ipad, so i watch movies and check the stopwatch.

6. shilohman

shilohman New Member

You need to be very careful, lowering your core temp can be dangerous. I can do a two hour cold bath and when I get out I feel exhilirated and have no desire to warm up. Slow down and don't rush it. Take bitter melon and get your omega 6/3 ratio tested.

7. Mikey7

Mikey7 New Member

Yeah take the bitter melon two hours before you start to CT.

8. Me too. when I started read Dr Kruse last summer, I always seemed to fall in the slower/harder to treat group. Female, post menopause, bad epigenetics, severe allergies including to seafood, both fish and shellfish, and on and on. I decided I would just keep doing it. I have fallen off a few times, but I've been on much more than off, and I have managed to lose 20 pounds. But that took 6 months. I keep waiting for it all to kick in and show rapid weight loss/healing.

in the meantime I take the small victories. On a trip I was able to go outside in mid 40 degree weather without a coat and not feel cold several times, walking the dog. I did need a sweater though when it dropped to low 30s. I compared that to a friend who lives there who bundled herself up in her winter coat and buttoned it before going out in the mid 40s, and saw I have made progress in cold adapting.

My knees, which my doctor diagnosed as osteoarthritis last summer, are mostly pain free. I do have a clunk in one of them now, though.

And the 20 pounds lost. I still have a lot more to go.

I have been reading this forum since it was set up, but I haven't posted until now because I didn't feel my results were enough. Now I've just decided to own them. I'm better off than I was last summer.

Alex97232 and kyrakitty like this.

9. I can't really stand it either! LOL I turn my space heater on to warm up the room and climb under covers. Yesterday, I had the easiest time of CT yet. I did the croak soak and wasn't super cold like usual. Of course, yesterday was a little warmer here. And afterward, it seemed that only my legs were super cold. I did notice that getting into bed I actually felt colder than when walking around doing housework etc.

But I can't wait to be cold adapted! I want to feel warm! My temp was up to 97.5 today! Woo hoo

10. BJK77

BJK77 New Member

Well, Dr K said most people should adapt in about 2 weeks. Glad to hear it is getting easier for you.

11. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

I know I'm not cold adapted yet, not by a long shot! I do a 10 minute cold shower in the morning, with a 30 - 40 minute cold bath 5 - 6 times a week (tap water only, around 6C) after lunch, then because it takes me ages to warm up otherwise, I take the dogs for a brisk walk! I also try to spot ice in the evening for 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the time I have available. The gains that I have noticed are not weight-loss related, although inches are slowly going down, but more in being able to wear fewer layers of clothing, fewer aches and pains (even though some days I ache everywhere, especially if I've spent longer in the bath), and gains in stamina. After years of using not only an electric blanket at night, often through the summer too, but a hot water bottle and several layers of clothing, I have managed to remove the hot water bottle, remove the electric blanket and remove all but one layer of clothing and still feel warm at night. If anything, I am starting to get too hot now. I am trying to take things slowly as I'd much rather find this sustainable in the long term than just something to use as a "quick fix"!

12. Adria

Adria New Member

I had my first "internal furnace" moment after my CT bath last night! Put on pjs then after about 10min I started to heat up. I could feel the heat radiating, it was exciting!! This is wk 5CT and I'm taking it slow. I either take cold bath at 50 degrees or ice packs each night for 20-30 min. I've lost 6# since 2nd week.

In other news my fasting blood glucose is down to about 60. I've been having great thirst at night and in the morning I wake up dizzy. Not sure whats going on there.

13. Amazing! Congrats to you and to everyone else with great results!

I am hoping CT will straighten out my hormones, help my poor adrenals and then my thyroid. But, of course, I wanna see that weight loss! LOL I have belly flub. I do baths at night and spot CT in the morning. This morning after spot CT on my belly, the skin looked all loose and wrinkled. I am hoping that's a good sign for fat loss???

So far I'm only at 40-45 min at a water temp in the 55 area.

I do think it has helped with my aches and pains I get as a result of my scoliosis. And sometimes I feel that burning sensation in spots and I think it's due to healing going on there, so I'm always happy when that happens.

14. differentstory

differentstory New Member

I had an AMAZING revelation last night!!

I was totally dreading my CT last night as I was going to try hard not to use the electric blanket (that was conveniently sitting right beside my bed!). So I do my CT (very late BTW, busy day) and I get out and always feel so warm in the beginning. But by the time I put my pajamas on and crawl into bed I am freezing cold.

So last night, after getting out, I decided that I was just going to walk around with no clothes on and concentrate on how warm I was and how long it lasted and when the cold started settling in. Well, I ended up feeling fine for over 5 minutes and finally sat down on the bed with no clothes on and just laid there - still feeling perfectly FINE! At some point, I reach for the blankets - it's such an automatic thing to do - cover up and sure enough, I start getting dreadfully cold. So I uncover myself again - and wouldn't you know it - I am fine again!!

So now I have it figured out!!!! When we are covering up (with clothes or blankets), there is all of this cold radiating off of our skin that we are trapping in. It makes total sense to me now. Even if the room was 55 or 60 degrees, we just came from an environment that was 50 degrees (the water). So walking into ANY environment that is warmer than our skin temp SHOULD be comfortable. But by adding all of those layers, things are going arwy.

So final result???? Get this. . .it used to take me 6 hours to warm up after CT.

Last night, after laying on top of the covers, I was 100% fine in 30 minutes!!!!!!!!!
    Can you freakin' believe that?!?!

I think a few people on the forums eluded to this idea of walking around naked, but I didn't really put any stock into the idea. But that is totally it!!!

I feel asleep with a smile on my face last night. Now I am really excited to start CT'ing since I know how to warm myself back up!

I'm so interested if you guys to try this and see if you get similar results??

15. differentstory

So odd. After reading your post, it just made me realize that I was dizzy last night as well (while I was turning over in my sleep). I don't know anything about fasting glucose. How do you test that?

16. differentstory

I am feeling the same way. I know I should be happy about my HEALTH, but sadly, what really gets me elated is the numbers on the scale.

I also noticed last night that I am getting the wrinkly skin. It is so ugly!!! Ugh. I have never seen anything like it before.

17. That is an amazing insight and YES, I was just noticing that I was colder once I got under my covers. That makes so much sense now! Thank you for putting 2 and 2 together! LOL I read Dr K comment to someone to "use what God gave you" - that must be what he was referring to. I am going to try that tonight!

18. differentstory

WOW!! That is so FANTASTIC! I wonder if we will ever get over the "love" of being warm??? Being warm to me is like eating carbs. HA! It's comforting. I think I could sleep without blankets but it just feels so cozy and comfortable to be warm!

That might take a lot of re-programming!

19. Birdy

Birdy New Member

DS, I had similar stuff happen to me, and I am convinced that the most important part of CT is what you do afterwards. I have started putting on a robe, and really taking my time getting back into warmth.

20. differentstory

I'm so excited for you to try it!! I know you struggle like I do. :) I do have to admit that I ended up blow drying my feet. :) I was completely warm and ready to fall asleep but my feet were like ICE and it was annoying me. Tonight, though, I am ready to recover all by myself.