1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I ran from a bear once.... didn't cross my mind to warm up before...

In reality, that bear was just peacefully eatin' berries on the trail. My brain didn't think so :eek:

2. PaleoDentist

PaleoDentist New Member

I skipped CT yesterday due to getting home at 1am and straight to bed.

Did my 30 min at 57F CT today. I generally immerse up to my chest , arms out of the water as I read. today I submerged my arms for the last 2 min. it was tough. I guess my arms are not cold adapted! now I am shivering. very interesting turn of events. as I have not shivered in weeks. I think I will continue with arm immersion at the end of my baths increasing time incrementally.

3. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Usually don't submerge my arms and hands and did this week. I was much colder, too.

4. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

30 mins at 53F today. Took my temperature before I started to run the bath - 36.4C. 15 minutes in my temperature was 37.1C and it remained at that until 40 minutes after the bath when it dropped back down to 36.8. Very interesting indeed, and shows that something must be happening!

Warm up time has felt long and brutal today, with lots of under-the-skin shivering.

5. jayjha1@gmail.com

jayjha1@gmail.com New Member

my CT yesterday was Vasper Training - yikes - that was tough! not the cold but the workout

going for my first cryo session today

6. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

33 minutes cold bath, started at 60F, down to 58F. Followed by a cold shower.

7. jayjha1@gmail.com

great job!

8. jayjha1@gmail.com

ok, just came back from my first cryo session

that was fun - but now my goal is to look the propietor - who looks like Daniel Craig bodywise

9. ealachan

ealachan New Member

CT: 25 minutes in 53-degree water. Skin was 82 deg going in, 60 coming out. Oral temp going in was 98.0, coming out was 98.6. Goosebumps the whole time, started to get shivery at about the 20 minute mark. Continually amazed at how relatively easy it now is for me to haul my fat ass up out of the tub. I know I haven't gotten significantly lighter in a while, so I must have gotten stronger. Without actually doing anything. COOL!

10. freesia

freesia Old Member

I want to jump in here with you guys. *splash*

I've been following this thread and it's been my inspiration! :)

I'd been doing lukewarm showers right down to cold then into the bath with ice but my last few times my temperature dropped so I've dialed it back a little.

I got a nice temperature rise today in response to a 20 minute bath @ 58. I kept the temp to 59 or lower by adding plenty of ice. I did wear neoprene socks for the first 10 mins, and a woolly hat.

Shivered only lightly, but for several hours.

Happy to see others are getting nice temperature rises too!! (Temp drop is horrible.)

11. Jim

Jim New Member

I am having a hard time getting my water temp below 60. I use frozen ice blocks but they aren't doing the job. I had some really good sub 40 sessions in the past. So unless I buy 30 to 40 lbs of ice it seems almost not worth it anymore. :( I need to find an economical way to do this.

12. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

30 mins at 52F today. Oral temp before bath 36.3C, during 37.2C and after 37.1C. Warmup time was quicker today. Won't be able to do any more CT or spot-icing until Tuesday.

13. quelsen

quelsen New Member

oddly my flaked ice does i better job than blocks. surface area i suppose.

can you replace the huge cubes with smaller cubes? more PIA but worth it.

14. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

I probably should make better use of my 52F tap water...

15. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

:eek:

Today's CT:

55 minutes of cold bath, started at 60F, down to 56F, followed by a cold shower. Shivered a bit at the end and afterward. My dry heels are becoming soft and pretty. :eek:

16. ginastarke

ginastarke New Member

Cold-Adapted? no

CT Baths or Icing or Both? Both but mostly Icing

Duration?bath 45 min icing 60+ minutes, usually 90

Temperature? bath 60 degrees , lowest I could get it

When do you CT? about 30 minutes after dinner

How long have you been doing CT? Experimenting 3 weeks with the ice packs , first CT bath last night

I love the ice packs. I'm incredibly relaxed within minutes and I generally keep them on until they're not cold anymore. I usually have one on my stomach and two I either put on my thighs or upper arms for my "bingo wings" held on by ace bandages

Tried my first CT bath last night -YEEEEEEIKES! I made it 45 minutes but was cold for hours afterwards- you know how when you're so cold the muscles in your back tighten up? I'm sure I'll get used to it, but hey I lost a pound! :D

17. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

So far for me the quickest way to warm up is to get busy. Walk one mile, or run for 5 minutes, or do some leg lifts. Works like a charm.

18. jayjha1@gmail.com

today was tough - had a 630AM Vasper Training then I zoomed over for a cryo session

was tougher today as the temp was brought even colder - like -190C - brrrr

and my brother had his first ice bath today - whole clan is on board!

19. LinD

LinD New Member

Reminds me of my near terror when we came upon a bobcat on our riding trail years ago.... I think one or two of us actually ran into the other. LOL. Bobcat probably had quite a chuckle as we rode away.

Sprint Samsung Epic

20. ginastarke

ginastarke New Member

I don't mind shivering and being cold if it means those fat cells are dying!

My only wildlife scare was flying down a hill on my bicycle on the way to work and nearly hitting a raccoon. from his face we were both thinking the same thing; "Oh, CRAP!" both of us got out of each other's way safely.

I think the wildlife is the only thing I'm going to miss with my new job, which is closer to the center of town. I could swear I saw a feral cat and owl co-operating on the hunt together.