1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

Just a cold shower this morning, and an hour of spot-icing this evening ...

2. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Water temp in bath today was 60 degrees with 20 lbs of ice...usually 62 degrees. This was the first time I lay down with my head against the back of the tub and my hands and arms submerged almost up to my armpits (upper stomach and chest not submerged). I was much colder than usual with my arms and hands submerged. This true for others? Why??

3. Destiny

Destiny New Member

The same for me. I would guess the bigger part of the body exposed to cold leads to a bigger loss of heat.

4. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I was thinking that too, Destiny, but wasn't sure.

5. Birdy

Birdy New Member

10-minute ocean swim (reported to be around 58-59 degrees), air-cooling by the beach, cold shower to wash off all the salt.

6. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Definitely true for me about arms & hands. It took me several weeks to build up to being able to submerge my upper half. My arms and hands seemed much more sensitive than the rest of me.

7. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Today was the first time I have done a morning session - 30 minutes at 52 degrees (courtesy of 20# of ice) just before my normal lunchtime. I warmed up quickly and then went outside to do yard work where I was a mad woman. I have never gone to town like that before - I felt like I had the energy of 3 people. It took about 20 minutes for me to wind down to normal pace. I kept at it for almost 2 hours and then came in and had a moderate lunch. Never before have I had an energy burst like this after CT - it was awesome.

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I wish.

60 min @ 60 degrees this AM (dang, tap is warming up). 30 min later passed out on the couch for 2+hrs. Just took yet another nap.

What the heck is wrong with me.

9. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Probably nothing. You are on your own journey to better health. I know it is frustrating but we'll get there!

10. Birdy

Birdy New Member

I would nap longer if I spent that much time in the cold

11. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

You're healing!

12. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I'm no medical professional, but I'd guess it is lingering effects from the concussion. Sleep is the brain's way of healing. Recovery can be variable - you're good for a while, then suddenly need more sleep.

13. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I would totally blame it on this... except that this was happening before I ever hit my head!

I get 10+hrs a night plus whatever napping I happen to do during the day... today around 3hrs but usual is more like 1-2hrs. I think my body has just decided to need some serious healing time ... that's what we do while we sleep, right? TBI certainly isn't helping the situation.

I keep figuring I'll just sleep it off. Eventually it will stop.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Absolutely ...we heal when we sleep. I welcome sleep for that reason. I also take naps and they can be anywhere from 1 hr to 2 1/2 but sometimes I only get 7 hrs sleep at night. I take my b complex and b 12 right before I go to sleep because my homeopathic doc says that is when they work. I just started to do that again and it's helping me feel more rested during the day.

Do you feel you are progressing physically even though you are still sleeping a lot? I know I do. The last thing you need is to worry. Go with it and if you feel you need to see someone then go for it. But for heaven sake, stop the worry, as it does no good.

15. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Love it. Wish the wussy polar bear folks could have seen you. I've gotten some crazy looks swimming in the river here. :)

Souldanzer, I'm sleeping like crazy, too, have been on and off for several years. Apoptosis happens while we sleep, right? That's what I keep telling myself, or it would make me crazy.

16. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

How long before the injury was your pattern like that? Seems clear that your body needs the sleep, for whatever reason. If you aren't already, you might want to create a log to capture the details about your sleep (duration, quality, etc.) as well as lifestyle (stress, diet, supplements, meds, etc.) so that you can recognize any changes in patterns and try to correlate. I've been doing that for about 6 months, trying to figure out why I can't sleep more than an hour or two at a time (no luck for me, but that's another story).

17. MartiD

MartiD New Member

I've got the weirdest things going on a work right now. Our office was a bit stuffy from being closed up all weekend with the air conditioning up but it was comfortable to me. My boss, who sweats profusely all the time normally freezes us out. He turned on the air as soon as he walked in and even though I can feel the air getting colder around me, especially my hands, I have an intense heat feeling on back and legs. I am assuming my body is reacting because it thinks it is going to be exposed to cold water or something. So bizarre!

18. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I have lost track of the progress. My TBI has turned bad and all I can judge is my head is pounding terribly or my head is pounding. I know I felt like I was starting to get better pre TBI. I've had some obvious improvements in skin health the last couple of weeks.

I have seen at least two docs about this. The first took a brief look at my medical history, told me I must have a *terrible* life, then sent me home with anti-depressants and a referral to the "let's dig out everything bad in your life that ever happened" people.

The second is much better... room for hope and improvement. He diagnosed me with Adrenal Fatigue, gave me some tips on supplements and basically told me I need to sleep it off and stay away from caffeine.

19. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I have done an unreasonable amount of sleeping since November. I went to Europe in December and basically slept for 3 weeks straight (in the very quiet, calm, cold house of my parents).

Do you think the sleeping is only due to adrenal issues? Or have you noticed any other things that are going on, possibly? I'm thinking thyroid, since due to my ED it got "uncoupled", but even there all I can really do is be patient right now.

CT puts me out. I get out of the tub, I have 20-30min to get myself settled before I can't keep my eyes open any longer.

20. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I've been sleeping more than "normal" people for months... but it was interspersed with sleeping difficulties at times. I was still sleeping a lot but at crazy times. Figured those out now I just sleep, deep and heavy. I really like this sleep. It's awesome sleep. I've been thinking of starting some sort of record about stuff, so this might be a good time. That's how I figured out why I couldn't sleep sometimes.

Sorry to hear you've got the opposite issue going on. I had a very difficult time with not sleeping through the night. Made me feel awful. Have you tried stopping all your supplements for a few days? For me it was a combo of hormones, allergies and CT.

I don't know if I'm worried about it, really. I think I just need to sleep it off. But it's taking a toll on my "other" life. Not that there is that much left of that either, since TBI.