1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

MamaGrok, haven't tested the temp of the ocean here yet. I'm sure it's >70. I'll have to figure something out to get tap water in the bath colder. Great that you have a cold river close by!

2. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Today I air-cooled in the am, outside doing a project. Even though the sun was coming up, my hands froze after 20 minutes and I could no longer work on my project. Cold for this time of year, the heat was even on in the am, at 62.

3. Larry

Larry New Member

Did not have time today because last night at about 9:30 as I was settling into the tub & ready to kick back to some quiet tunes, my wife came into the bathroom to tell me that her water just broke! We added a girl to our two boys today! Awesome. Purely awesome!!:eek:

4. Make me some too! Im 4 baggin !

5. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

woo hoo! congrats!

6. Larry

Larry New Member

Thanks so much Colleen! Life just got better.

7. We did 55 minutes in our 58 degree pool today. Sad the pool is warming up (dude, I never would have thought I would say that last year)! Pool might cool down a bit as we're having another dip in temps...fingers crosses. Anyhow, I think I might try some colder ct in the tub at least once next week. Trying to psych myself up. The 50ish degrees has gotten, dare I say it, easy!

8. Congrats! That's a pretty good reason to skip ct, if I've ever heard one. I'm jealous...we have 4 boys. I don't think my husband is capable of making girls lol

9. LinD

LinD New Member

Totally! In fact, I usually end my CT time because I need to "go." Got back in the water once before, so that wasn't too bad interrupting the CT time, but yes, quite warm!

I'm just frustrated right now with CT because the water is about 73 degrees out of the tap here in North Texas. .... And I have only gotten the temp down to about 65/66. When I first started CT, the water was a bit colder, but it was still only 62 after using ice packs.

10. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Congrats!!

11. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Wow! CT does everything doesn't it. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. primat

primat Silver

Just thinking, when you put a lot of water in it for freezing - won't that partially thaw the meat? At least my box freezer don't handle more than a few kilos at a time. Maybe it's just too cheap :)

Sent from my G100W using Tapatalk 2

13. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Why don't you just throw the frozen meat in a baggie and then use it to cool the tub? My problem with ice is that my freezer is too full. I cleared out a space, and then ran into a sale on shrimp and game meats. Oh well.

14. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

45 minutes at 50F - still shivering an hour later.

15. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I know. Wild caught sockeye salmon fillets for under $10 a pound @ Whole Paycheck this week. I wanted the buy the whole display. But I behaved myself and told the roomie to pick up a few more later that day...

16. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I had the same experience. Lately, when I go back into the tub from my morning CT at night, I've been able to stay in forever... do we get adapted at a certain temperature??

17. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I think I have adapted to a certain temp. Today I put in 4 10-pound bags of ice and got the water down to 40. I could only tolerate keeping my hands & feet in for 7 minutes but the rest of my body was fine for 30. I felt good when I got out but after about 10 minutes, I started shivering like mad - so bad I could barely hold my coffee mug! That crazy shaking kept up for more than an hour. I haven't had that reaction since my very early days of CT so I think my body is used to 50-55 degrees. At least now I know what much colder is like.

18. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I was a person who used to love a really hot bath so it took me a month to get into 50's. I never shiver, I hate the idea of shivering. I don't go below 53F and only recently started submersing my back and rib cage. Is shivering required?

19. Congrats Larry, and welcome to the baby girl!! :)

20. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member

Took a dip at Easton's beach in Newport today. The water temp was 54 or so according to the water report. I was meaning to go in with the polar bear club but they were all the way on the end of the beach, went in and then quickly jumped out. I hung out for about 40 minutes. It was a lot easier than an ice bath. I unfortunately attracted some

attention on the beach from people wearing windbreakers and long pants asking me how I didn't get hypothermia. Hahahaha but it was fun.

[​IMG]