1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

THIS, I have the same reaction when travelling. flying is bad, car rides in warm weather also bad. asparagus, parsely other diuretics have 0 effect.

it is not uncommon, in fact its very common happening about the 3rd week of the month for me to overnight put on 3-6lbs of fluid that will not come off for 5-7 days and then not all will shed.

It isn`t totally cycle related but there is some hormone that messes me up somewhere

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Detox is still kicking my @ss! so after putting the kids down - I laid my ice packs on my bed laid down on them, then put two on my chest/tummy and got cold dark and sleepy... I have to say it was quite weird...finished around 1045pm, then went to bed and woke up in a cold sweat at midnight - took my temp and I was chilling out at a normal 98.6; pulled on a sweater, and pilled under the pillows - went back to sleep woke again at 4am and 6am covered in sweat but freezing...normal bbt both times... I'm pushing serious toxins out...

3. Mott

Mott New Member

No matter how hard I try..I just cant fully submerge in the tub...thus an evolutionary response...the first 15 mins are on the backside...then I flip and (elbows down like landing gear) I'm belly down in the tub..Water is at 42 degrees...If CT is to become my life long health practice, I limit it to 30 mins. 5x per week...in the tub (convenient) late at night

4. Qodesh

Qodesh New Member

I bought my 100 gal stock tank. The ice only brought it to 60. South Florida room temp at 70. I need to make more ice and will try again to bring it down to 55 or less for awhile. I'm also shopping for a small chest freezer. It will double as Ice holder and for my grass-fed meat.

I am definitely detoxing though, if not slowly. phfewwweeeee... the smell is less than "dainty". I'm not used to that... and don't want to use DO, so I wash alot. I'm going to try Kombucha tea to help out.. I'll keep ya posted.

5. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

40 minutes cold bath, started at 62F, down to 60F.

6. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

Cold showers in the morning, and spot icing in the evening - haven't been able to have a bath for the last few days, and won't get the chance again until 15th May. Hopefully keeping going with the spot icing and cold showers will be OK.

7. It was sunny and hot here today. Sunbathed with the ice cube sheets under the towel, doused myself with the hose. Kept me cool, not cold. I need to find an unpolluted lake around here...

8. Pamela

Pamela Gold

The past 2 days have been ridden with huge stress and business "surprises" that were less than fun. Sleep has been bad. Today I just couldn't wait to get in the cold water, my whole body really ached for it. I got in to my 55 degree bath and just felt the tension go away. 50 minutes later I felt so much better it is incredible.

9. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Any ideas for making my bath water cold other than dumping 40 lbs of ice in it?

I live in Charleston, SC and tap water here is warm and will only get warmer! It's costing about $8 a day in ice to cool my bathtub filled with tap water to 62 degrees... and I will be going colder the more I CT.

I am considering buying an ice machine. Has anyone bought one?

10. ealachan

ealachan New Member

someone may have already answered this, but - I don't think that's necessarily a bad sign. As I understand it, the reason cold makes us need to pee is because our brains sense cold and instantly start going into survival mode, pulling blood away from the limbs to try and protect the core. This in turn raises blood pressure. The brain then wants to jettison extra fluid to help keep the blood pressure from getting too high, so it signals the bladder to empty...et voila, desperate need to pee. SO...with all that taken into consideration, it could be that you're just cold-adapted enough that your brain doesn't freak the hell out when you get cold anymore, or possibly you're someone who has low-ish blood pressure to begin with and so the cold reaction doesn't necessarily send your blood pressure up enough to trigger the need to shed excess fluid...?

Maybe? Possibly? That could all very well be complete baloney...just in the interest of full disclosure...;)

11. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Ocean? I guess it's probably >70 now, huh? Our tap water in Atlanta is already about 75F.

Dh suggested getting an ice machine, but most of the semi-affordable ones make only about 22lb in an entire day ... only enough to get my tub to about 62F. I started freezing liter bottles of water and using them to cool the water before I get in, and it worked fairly well, but is a lot of effort to fill them, take to the basement freezer, then haul up two flights to the bathtub! DH also suggested getting a mini fridge and filling it with water (36F) to pour into the tub. I'm very thankful I realized there is a year-round 50F river

12. Lucky here. tap water still 48F. It is England after all.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I have been practicing face dunks, icing and cold showers, everyday now for about 4 weeks. However, I went to see my chiro today and he checked me out, stepped back, and asked me how I was. I told him I haven't had any problems with my back since I saw him last. He said, well, I can't find anything to adjust. We then talked about CT and I told him that when I turned around in the shower to do my back it felt MUCH colder then the front--way colder. He said, that maybe, the reason it felt colder on my back was that it's actually helping with chronic inflammation. Why else would I not need an adjustment--first time ever in 20 years. Here I didn't think I was progressing and felt I paled in my efforts compared to many here.

Trying to encourage him to read about CT. Very good reason to keep going so we can help others.

Will, definitely, try a cold bath this weekend.

14. Omg, me too. I did a really cold session till shivery and losing fine muscle control the other day - then mistakenly answered a work call. Totally sounded drunk. Glad someone else noticed this! "offffficrrrr, I swear, not drunk - I am cold adapted!"

15. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I'm on my way to the river. Because I'm a glutton for punishment. I lurve detox. :p (Gah, I feel so horrible today)

16. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Might as well bring more on since you already feel crummy!:D

17. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

CT today was off the hook coolest ever. I went to this local waterfall swimhole off in the woods that I normally only go to in the summer. The stream and waterfall were rushing from recent rain. This place is down in a ravine walled by rock cliffs and forest. I was alone with the sound of my own laughter echoing off the walls as I swam around in the cold water. To be born again.

18. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Sounds like an awesome location!

19. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Colder is definitely easier for me. Two days ago I used tap water - around 60 degrees - and shivered and really worked on "mental toughness" in order to stay for 30 minutes. Yesterday I put in ice from the icemaker and got it down to around 57 and it was easier. Today I added a 10 pound bag plus the icemaker ice and got the water down to 52 (what it was when I first started CT). It was so much easier - no mental agony and very little shivering. This may be be my incentive to clean out the garage so we can buy a freezer and I can make my own ice instead of buying it.

20. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Lucky, lucky you!!

Sounds wonderful.