1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Nice adjustment.

MattD1995 likes this.
  2. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

I’m hoping to move to an acreage out of town with no service and no shelter.. haha.. 24 hour ct!

3. Elguava

Elguava Gold

No I do not leave the chiller on .... in fact I unplug it ... to afraid of getting electrocuted. BTW do you use a transfer pump? ..If so what model do you use?

drezy likes this.
  4. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I've only been with all of you for a couple months now, and I am far from optimal. I started wearing the Cool Fat Burner ice vest around 6 weeks ago, and am surprised that I have started a sustained shivering.

I wear the pack once a day for around 2 hours. Usually, I'm cold for the first 15 minutes, and then I stop noticing that I've got ice blocks attached to my traps and clavicles. Lately, I've been feeling the cold more and now I'm shivering. I assume this means the white>brown fat conversion is starting to work, but I'd also have assumed that adaptation would take far far longer.

(Yes, the weather is cooling off, but today was warm enough to have all the windows open.)

I tried on some winter coats yesterday, which I could barely button or zip last year, and I was swimming in them. So fat loss appears to be happening at a faster clip now, without vigorous exercise (I garden and walk and stuff).

Color me highly (and pleasantly) surprised.

Duchess Sunshine and drezy like this.
  5. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

YES. you read my mind. I am planning to do the vest thing too, on my hour commute every morning. :) :) :)

Cuffy likes this.
  6. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Then freeze the gel packs at work and chill yourself on the way home, too ;) Consider trying the vest a few times before you do it in the car. It could be uncomfortable having your skin pressed against the car seat with those ice blocks inside. I'm at the point now where I could nap while wearing them. Afterward, the skin under the blocks feels almost rubbery afterward (numb) and looks quite pink, but it isn't turning ashy, so I assume all is OK. I also bought the Gut Buster, but I haven't worn it yet. I wish they would make a Thigh and Butt buster.

My house has the tiniest tub, shallow and short, so I haven't immersed anything in ice water besides my face (in a giant bowl). I heard on one of Jack's webinars that he uses his car's air conditioner, so I've started to do the same. Good grief, it's cold when you don't actually need the cooling! When I get out of the car, my cheeks feel almost frozen, and I don't just shiver, I shake. Some nights I shiver right up until bed (which has layers of Polartec, goose down, and Hudson Bay wool blanket).

7. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

wicked! do you have an amazon link or something of the stuff you bought?

8. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I thought only New Englanders said "wicked!" :rofl: As in "Wicked pissah!"

I bought my ice "clothes" directly from https://coolfatburner.com/. The owner, Eric, is a member of this forum, though I don't think he's posted here in a while. His website is loaded with studies and tutorials. I'm also pretty sure that Dr. Kruse endorsed the vest for those who can't do the ice dunking yet.

If I were to purchase all over again, still buy the vest and torso wrap, but I'd skip the soft ice packs. 4 hybrid packs come with each "garment," but I opted to buy an extra 4, thinking I'd want something that conformed to my body more quickly. One soft pack had a mishap in transit, and there was blue goo inside the box. Eric would have sent me a new one, but I told him not ot bother. I can buy those gel packs at my local pharmacy. In fact, I have one in the cellar that I used to heal a frozen shoulder.

I love my Cool Fat Burner! I was skeptical, but I really do think it is working.

Edit: If I find out where Dr. Kruse said he liked the Cool Fat Burner, I'll link back to it here.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Duchess Sunshine likes this.
  9. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

"pissah" haha ?

THANKYOU. THIS IS VERY DETAILED AND INFORMATIVE FROM YOU AS ALWAYS.

Cuffy likes this.
  10. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Just finished 37´beginning 10ºC (50f) and finishing at 13.8 (average 11.9), after devouring 0,5kg wild raw alaskan salmon (and 2nd day taking bitter melon powder). I think it is my new PR. My objective is to reach 45´at 10C/50F by february. As much as I hate to say it... I think the cold is being a game changer for me. More so than the sun. I ´m feeling better right now at the 43 latitude than during summer... Is it cause of I´ve just being more time in this quantum health path or cause I just do better in cold+ketosis? I need to meditate on that (and maybe get some 23andme testing for mitochondrial haplotype?)

By the way, do you find it is always better to use compression clothing while doing CT, or only in the beginning? I used it a while ago but I am pondering using it again.

I still fear the cold pretty much..damm! hehe. One thing I find really useful is listening some motivating music beforehand. Keep it up

11. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I would very much fear CT if I did it in any environment over 50 micros, and it's probably why so many people have side effects and difficulty doing it.

12. Pablo

Pablo New Member

With dirty electricity over 50 mV you mean? Yeah I need to get a meter for that. Most environemnts suck

Just finished a 52´begining at 9 celsius and finishing at 13. New PR for me. I had my feet and hands outside for most of the time (42´) and I´m feeling that it allows me to stay a bit longer.

Shit I feel pretty high!! I only fear the cold before getting inside. After the initial shock I feel in heaven in 5 seconds. 20 first minutes are a blessing. 10´are ok and then it gets slightly uncomfortable. But I´m feeling good benefits... energy and libido go pretty high for the day.

I want to keep consistent with this. I want to keep progressing though not sure what´s best. Options:
    -Doing every single day (I´m doing 4-5 a week average)
    -More time
    -Less temp
    -Getting feets and hands inside all time
    -Using compression clothing

I´m inclined to put in all of my body I can (tub is small so some acrobatics are needed), lower temps to 7-8 celsius (upper 40´s F) and maybe using some compression. Basically because of time constraints. Also planning to get into the river if it is not flooded. It should be freezing.

One question: What´s better, getting into 7celsius/ upper 40´s F river or 12-13 celsius ocean (55F). Probably it´s a tricky question and the answer is n=1... I´d say the first provided you are a bit adapted and can stay some decent time inside...

Lots of improvement and learning ahead

13. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Nope, micros or mics is short for microwaves. Blood coagulation's the last thing you want when doing CT.

14. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

I am walking in -40 temps. wearing -20 clothes. I observe that I am naturally more cold adapted.... than in the past.

Pablo, Cuffy and Saichi like this.
  15. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Highly recommend doing two 30 minute CT sessions a day, early morning and late afternoon with an hour of SG right before the latter.

wade s neumann and Pablo like this.
  16. Been doing CT for 6 month now and today did it at 5C for 10mins this morning. Lowest I got :) The skin on my chest and my upper forearm are kinda red when I got out.

17. Charlotte English

Charlotte English New Member

Can I ask for some help or advice?

I am very cold intolerant - eg. it's 20ºC in my house right now and I'm numb up to the mid-calf area and all the skin on my arms and legs is cold to the touch. Apparently fat isn't such a great insulator as all that...

With cold showers, I can only bear it at all when I start very hot, like after half hour naked in the hot sun. But after a month of trying it just isn't getting any easier. I go white, then start to go blue and find 2mins a struggle. My husband seems to only find the first minute or so horrible but he goes red. Even our 8 year old can do 10 mins no problem (and likes to whenever he needs to feel superior to us wimps). I tried plunging my face in very cold water but it makes me hyperventilate straight away and then I get a headache and feel sick, so I'm in a bit of despair about how to get better at this. But I really want to!

If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate your help!

My mitochondrial haplotype is X2b but it was one that Jack didn't mention, so I'm not sure if I'm more of a light girl than a cold one and I should focus on that more or if I should try to work up heat tolerance instead. I'm not great with the heat either but I can relax into it more.

I'd love to know if anyone else has this X2b haplotype or any ideas of what the best thing to do to work up to cold.

Thank you everyone!

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Please start a journal in the optimal journal section and give Dr. K. more health history.

Everyone has their own n=1. Go slow to start with.

It sounds like you can't tolerate the cold at all right now. Just because your DH can is no indication that you can at the same level.

Why not try the face dunks in not so cold water for now? and see how you go....

Are you doing the leptin RX?

What are you eating? drinking?

what is your nnEMF situation?

Where do you live? work?

How is your sleep? Your Libido?

Do you have Jack's book?

19. Charlotte English

Charlotte English New Member

Hello Caroline!

I do have Jack's book, working my way through it now! I'm not on the leptin rx as yet but definitely need to!

It sounds really pathetic but I'm getting used to cold showering just below my knee without distress. I'll try to see how I get on with face dunking, that's a good idea, thank you.

I live in the middle of the UK and work only intermittently. I have a stressful home life over all and so I'm often dis-regulated with regard to sleep, eating etc. even though I eat pretty clean. I use wired internet and only use my phone rarely, the rest of the time it's in a faraday box. But of course I'm suburban, so the 5G masts are now outside our door.

Thanks for your help!

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you done a 23&me test?