1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Nice adjustment.

MattD1995 likes this.
  2. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

I’m hoping to move to an acreage out of town with no service and no shelter.. haha.. 24 hour ct!

3. Elguava

Elguava New Member

No I do not leave the chiller on .... in fact I unplug it ... to afraid of getting electrocuted. BTW do you use a transfer pump? ..If so what model do you use?

drezy likes this.
  4. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I've only been with all of you for a couple months now, and I am far from optimal. I started wearing the Cool Fat Burner ice vest around 6 weeks ago, and am surprised that I have started a sustained shivering.

I wear the pack once a day for around 2 hours. Usually, I'm cold for the first 15 minutes, and then I stop noticing that I've got ice blocks attached to my traps and clavicles. Lately, I've been feeling the cold more and now I'm shivering. I assume this means the white>brown fat conversion is starting to work, but I'd also have assumed that adaptation would take far far longer.

(Yes, the weather is cooling off, but today was warm enough to have all the windows open.)

I tried on some winter coats yesterday, which I could barely button or zip last year, and I was swimming in them. So fat loss appears to be happening at a faster clip now, without vigorous exercise (I garden and walk and stuff).

Color me highly (and pleasantly) surprised.

drezy likes this.
  5. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

YES. you read my mind. I am planning to do the vest thing too, on my hour commute every morning. :) :) :)

Cuffy likes this.
  6. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Then freeze the gel packs at work and chill yourself on the way home, too ;) Consider trying the vest a few times before you do it in the car. It could be uncomfortable having your skin pressed against the car seat with those ice blocks inside. I'm at the point now where I could nap while wearing them. Afterward, the skin under the blocks feels almost rubbery afterward (numb) and looks quite pink, but it isn't turning ashy, so I assume all is OK. I also bought the Gut Buster, but I haven't worn it yet. I wish they would make a Thigh and Butt buster.

My house has the tiniest tub, shallow and short, so I haven't immersed anything in ice water besides my face (in a giant bowl). I heard on one of Jack's webinars that he uses his car's air conditioner, so I've started to do the same. Good grief, it's cold when you don't actually need the cooling! When I get out of the car, my cheeks feel almost frozen, and I don't just shiver, I shake. Some nights I shiver right up until bed (which has layers of Polartec, goose down, and Hudson Bay wool blanket).

7. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

wicked! do you have an amazon link or something of the stuff you bought?

8. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I thought only New Englanders said "wicked!" :rofl: As in "Wicked pissah!"

I bought my ice "clothes" directly from https://coolfatburner.com/. The owner, Eric, is a member of this forum, though I don't think he's posted here in a while. His website is loaded with studies and tutorials. I'm also pretty sure that Dr. Kruse endorsed the vest for those who can't do the ice dunking yet.

If I were to purchase all over again, still buy the vest and torso wrap, but I'd skip the soft ice packs. 4 hybrid packs come with each "garment," but I opted to buy an extra 4, thinking I'd want something that conformed to my body more quickly. One soft pack had a mishap in transit, and there was blue goo inside the box. Eric would have sent me a new one, but I told him not ot bother. I can buy those gel packs at my local pharmacy. In fact, I have one in the cellar that I used to heal a frozen shoulder.

I love my Cool Fat Burner! I was skeptical, but I really do think it is working.

Edit: If I find out where Dr. Kruse said he liked the Cool Fat Burner, I'll link back to it here.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  9. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

"pissah" haha ?

THANKYOU. THIS IS VERY DETAILED AND INFORMATIVE FROM YOU AS ALWAYS.

Cuffy likes this.