1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Missed CT for first time yesterday (big mistake for my mental health), today my back felt warm for most the 45 minute shower which is new for me but my front side still prickly icy hot. Good 15 minutes in the middle my breathing was completely relaxed and comfortable. Ate a few fresh dayboat flounder roe with local sorrel afterwards for a late breakfast. My appetite's so low compared to my pre-CT life. Been eating a dozen oysters almost every other day though, wild Peconics and Wellfleets. Can't find my favorite Bosoles anymore bit chuffed about that. Thought the Cape Cods were quite unpalatable.

Found out Jones Beach is 52 degrees right now so contemplating the 2 hr trek for ocean CT tomorrow.

2. Elguava

Elguava New Member

Quantum Radical - I saw your post concerning chiller … I just bought the same model. Question- once your water reaches the desired temperature do you leave the chiller and pump on during the duration of your soak?

3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

@Elguava , I'm not sure if your question went unanswered because there is no @ sign in front of the profile name of the person you are trying to summon, or because the answer is fairly obvious. :D

Greetings! Haven’t seen you around here before but see you’re a seasoned member. Hope to hear more of your experience.

4. drezy

drezy Gold

FWIW my stuff gets turned off 20+' from where my cold tub is while we are immersed.

5. Elguava

Elguava New Member

6. drezy

drezy Gold

That pump should cut it.

Depending on your environment sediment may or may not be an issue. In my yard tub it's not so much dust but eventually the water just gets less clear and slightly slimy feeling before washout time.