1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. @drezy
    No issues with rough around the edges for me, wonderful imagery works wonders!

2. drezy

drezy Gold

Cool. Looks like I'm on your team.

3. drezy

drezy Gold

Well, wow. That's an honor.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

None here. 75 degrees and sun.

5. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Mmmm pork is awesome for kids especially if it's free range. Do you have shower or tap filter?

6. drezy

drezy Gold

I have a rainwater collection system so my filters are big, white, and float in the sky.

Antonis likes this.
  7. Are you using tarps or something similar? Alchemists are really big on collecting rainwater during a thunderstorm. It has special properties that I suspect align with what is being discussed here. "Properly collected water contains within it the universal flame of life." http://www.levity.com/alchemy/reid2-8.html. "Rain water and snow have both been used by modern alchemists at Paracelsus College (Parachemy 1977, Essentia 1980 & 82). Rain water was collected during a thunderstorm in insulated containers before it contacted the earth in order to prevent the high electrical charge from being grounded out. Pure rain water has a higher nitrogen content during an electrical storm (Parachemy 1977)."

The problem in the early 21st century is rain's exposure to nnEMF on it's way back to Earth.

Cheryl. likes this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm using a metal roof that doubles as both water collector and shielding.

It seems to me that you may appreciate the book The Principles of Light and Color (pdf downloadable) written in 1878 by Edwin D. Babbit. I think it'd be right up your alley. It sounds a bit shallow but even on an aesthetic level it's a beauty to behold and being seen reading it would for sure increase your cool score. Get the hardcover and crack that puppy open at a ski lodge and I guarantee you'll be swarmed with cute snow bunnies before you finish the first chapter Michael. Well.. maybe it's not quite that good YMMV.

Props go out to the Wunsch-meister for regular mention of Babbit. Ohhh looks like it just got a reprint too https://www.amazon.com/Principles-L...-1&keywords=The+principles+of+light+and+color

I love me some delicious books.

Cheryl. likes this.
  9. Thank you for the link. I will check it out.

There was an incredible ferment of spiritual (not religious) activity at the end of the 19th century. Babbit looks like he's springing from that well.

PS - you might notice that my n=1 is non-traditional.

10. drezy

drezy Gold

I saw that. Lot's of competitive sports and running in your history. I once ran -- to the bathroom after eating my favorite gut busting burrito. It only really felt competitive when someone was occupying the stall I desperately needed. No disease awareness is raised nor cures found when I run.

11. kris90

kris90 New Member

15 mins of sunrise + air CT this morning = massive dopamine flood

Outside without a jacket, hat, or gloves gazing toward the sun in -25 C (-13 F). Canadian winter FTW!

Christine_L, shiran and SlamSlask like this.
  12. shiran

shiran Curious

Holy.. S .. here winter isnt coming it's hot no rain today was an epic sunrise so beautiful

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    kris90 likes this.
  13. Air CT here this morning too. 10f and beautiful sun, so pleasant this time of year. 30 mins tai chi with shorts, light gloves, moccasins. 20 min dog walk in a t shirt and sweats. The sun, even in winter, makes such a big difference.

Christine_L and kris90 like this.
  14. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yep, I actually like the colder days, because here in winter, those cold days are always clear skies (no clouds) so I get maximum sun.

Michael Leger and Antonis like this.
  15. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Ill second that my friend. - 25 celcius here as well. I drove out to the lake to a goverment dock at sunrise. Parked my car side ways at my back to block the wind and draped a long winter jacket over my bare back. lowered my jogging pants and even got my junk in the rising sun. I decided it was not wise to enter the lake so I went home put about 7 buckets of snow in my tub to cool the water down to 4 degrees celcius. Cranked my fav podcast and 40 minutes later I feel REBORN!

kris90, shiran and Antonis like this.
  16. shiran

shiran Curious

Nice

17. Air CT. Sunny, -6f. 20 mins of tai chi. Fingers were the limiting factor. With gloves, skin temps moving towards the low 40s got too painful. Very light winds. I'm sure that stronger winds will make below zero temps much harder to tolerate. Cold shower after air CT. Fingertips are still a bit numb.

18. I’m about a month into cold therapy and have graduated to the tub. Morning cold showers are an incredible pick-me up, and I still have a soak a couple of hours before bed. Had a nice soak in a tub this evening, and I feel amazing! It was 50 when I got ink and 57 when I got out, 25 minutes later.

It’s a trip getting in, and my family is amused by the noises I make...(scares the dogs), but after a few minutes it’s pretty relaxing and I get some reading done.

Greenie and Sun Disciple like this.
  19. Greenie

Greenie New Member

Per the daily morning ritual: Sat outside nude (~56F ), hands and feet on the ground, in the sun for 45 minutes; garden hose for 15 minutes starting with the feet before moving up. Rotate different body areas for about 60-90 seconds. At the moment, the garden hose is the best option. (The water is colder (55F to 60F) than the inside shower; plus, being in outside feels even more refreshing!)

While no shivers occur during the CT itself, it takes about 20-30 minutes before they stop thereafter. Does anyone else find shivering kicks in after CT?

Cheryl. likes this.