1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are doing face dunks first Tammy???
    Tammy Rogers likes this.
  2. Tammy Rogers

Tammy Rogers New Member

I did them today and it was painful but I am going to use less ice next time.

Thank you for asking. You are WONDERFUL!
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks - but really I am just trying to pay forward in some small way what JK has given me,

Face dunks in Ice cold water = no wrinkles! hopefully!
    Tammy Rogers likes this.
  4. MSH

MSH New Member

I've been doing ice baths now for about two weeks. When I fist started it didn't take long to acclimate to the water, in fact, the water felt almost warm for the first 15-20 minutes. But, for some reason the last two sessions have been completely different.

Now I start shivering almost immediately and it is all I can do to make 15 minutes. Plus, before I would warm up with no problem after the bath but now I'm shivering for a while afterwards.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you drink ice water first? a fatty meal? do you put clothes on afterwards?
  6. MSH

MSH New Member

I will typically do about 10 minutes of face dunks and drink a glass or two of ice water before getting in. But, come to think of it, my fat consumption may be down a little the last few days. How long after a fatty meal is optimal for getting in the bath and is there a preferred amount of fat that we should be aiming for? If I eat a lot of fat for breakfast and lunch but skip dinner and want to do some CT in the evening will the fat earlier in the day suffice?

Thanks!
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

maybe make yourself a fat bomb before you get in the tub?

If you put clothes on afterwards you seem to be colder ...... do some naked housework ......or oxy? - lol

Don't forget to listen to the Doctor in your head ......maybe right now all you can handle is 10-15 minutes? go with the flow!

I can't remember - or maybe I don't know .....what is your age? peri menopause? what time of the month is it?
  8. MSH

MSH New Member

Well, I'm male so some of those things don't apply and if they do then I really do have a problem! LoL

I typically just throw on some shorts and a shirt afterwards. But, yesterday I went back heavy on the fat and my CT was most enjoyable again, even warming up afterwards! Wow! It really amazes me just how much that helped! I went off the rails a couple of days with my diet and my CT really told on me. I won't underestimate the power of good ole fat again! Thanks for your help Caroline!
    Tammy Rogers likes this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

sorry - I thought you were the woman in the pic!

so - you mean you don't do housework?????
  10. MSH

MSH New Member

Nah, I'm the man in the picture with his son. I hope I don't look like a woman! If I do I sure am an ugly bearded one! Lol. But, I do some housework. Lol
    caroline likes this.
  11. nija

nija New Member

I've been doing ice baths now for about 2 weeks. One week I did face dunk in ice water .While doing the CT , it is manageable for me .
    Now I start shivering almost immediately afterwards for long time . I tried 60-65F and 30 min but my body remain too cold and shivering for long time . I switch on d heater and wear warm loth socks but still feel very cold afterwards . I drink ice water first and a fatty meal and I do you put clothes on afterwards.

Any ideas on what's going on?
  12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I'm the woman who once had to get through an important phone meeting so cold I could barely think, and trying to stop my teeth chattering. Maybe my hindsight is better than my foresight ... but you might find something from my experience. :confused:
    My body is working with the respiratory protein capacity it has now. After starting CT as I improved I found that I started generating heat earlier, but it took time. If what I was doing was making me feel miserable, in hindsight I'd try taking it back a notch. 15 minutes (or less) that stimulates what I want could be a better choice than 30 minutes. If that is comfortable add a couple of minutes, or take the temperature down a notch. It might also be that my body was struggling trying to raise the temperature of iced water, and deal with the stimulus on the skin at the same time. Maybe just try drinking the water cold, but not iced for a few days. If its a hassle with using blocks of ice to get to 60-65 degrees its tempting to stick it out to make the most of the effort, but 15 minutes in that and a couple of 10 minute dunks in the water when the ice has melted can still give a stimulus and take out some inflammation. I've also found that getting dressed straight away makes me stay colder far longer, so worth trying to stay naked afterwards for longer. Some days I cope with CT much better than others, what was easy yesterday might be beyond me today. Better to get out too soon than stay in too long. Listen to your body. A quick CT session and then naked in even a winter sun is amazing .... I find it much more powerful than freezing my arse off for longer in the dark or in dismal weather.

Have fun exploring your own CT N=1. :)
    Brent Patrick likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

As of yesterday I officially have a CT family!

1. Momma Bear : 60˚ 34 min
    2. Baby Bear: 56˚ 40 min
    3. Poppa Bear: 50˚ 45 min
    @nija
    My wife is cold sensitive and I expected lots of shivers from her. Post-CT I set up a chair with minimal clothing in a sunny area without wind exposure and that seemed to make it comfortable for my wife.
    caroline and fitness@home like this.
  14. Kathy1967

Kathy1967 New Member

Your ATTITUDE is so uplifting Caroline! I haven't been on the forum in awhile but as soon as I logged on and saw your extremely positive comments I thought "why am I not logging on more often?!!!"

If I'm ever in your corner of the world I would love to sit down with a glass of malbec and some sardines and chat with you!
    Brent Patrick and caroline like this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

could we make it malbec and prawns ..... pulease!

Hi!
    Brent Patrick likes this.
  16. Kathy1967

Kathy1967 New Member

Sounds like a date!
  17. nija

nija New Member

What is the effetive way to get water temperature to 55F-50F ? I need to buy ice 10-15lb otherwise I cant make water temperature to that low.
    I have tried freezing bottle of water but still not able to get desired amount of temperature. Do you guys own icemaker ? I live in CA and water temerature around 65-68F.
  18. drezy

drezy Gold

Central Texas. Rain watering above ground tanks. Ambient temperature = 72.

Requirements:

2 2.5gallon frozen Ice containers. Wait 30 minutes. Add 20-30 Lbs ice.
  19. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

In the past I would have a rubber bucket 5 gal and freeze water in them in my freezer out in the garage.
    drezy likes this.
  20. nija

nija New Member

I did CT 55F for 45 min . I was so much shievering after the session that I had to take hot shower .
    My body temperature was not rising . Is it ok to take hot shower after a CT session ? Please suggest