1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

Am dialling the cold baths back to every other day while rashes and boils subside a bit, but my cold shower this morning was heavenly! I'll do some spot-icing this evening, hopefully at least an hour, and preferably a couple of hours.

2. Tita

Tita New Member

Had a swim in the ocean (52 F) for half hour. :D

First I had a shorty on, dive cap, dive booties and gloves...

NO problem whatsoever - no shock going in, nothing! Just swam for half hour. I kept checking the color of my skin, no goosebumps at all!

I swam and swam and swam...no sun, very foggy, I just heard some ships beeping in the open seas.

Then I took the shorty off (it was early in the morning and no one was around) and I was totally fine! Except in the end, I started to swim faster and faster...but never got really cold?!

At home, whenever I did the cold bath with bags of ice, I would shake uncontrollably afterwards...here, I didn't even feel very cold.

I just feel so good I will go in again after lunch.

This is so cool.

AND I was not hungry at all. 10 hours after BAB still no hunger. (before I would get hungrier after CT)

And of course, nobody believed me I went swimming.

In April.

In the morning.

Catalin likes this.
  3. Pamela

Pamela Gold

Today was about my 6th cold bath. I was able to get it down to about 58 degrees with ice cubes. Today was the first day I took the bitter melon about an hour prior to the bath and it made a huge difference in the immediate immersion. I was able to feel comfortable in less than a minute, I was surprised. I did a full 45 minutes and this time I laid back and got all the way up to my mid back immersed. Some odd rumblings in the intestines were going on so hopefully that is all part of the healing process.

4. Kathy

Kathy New Member

17 minute 60°f bath up to my neck, 63°f when I got out, followed by lukewarm shower. No shivering today. Will take weekend off as friends are visiting and there may be alcohol involved.

:cool:

Omatic likes this.
  5. omlh@todmi.com

Managed a sneaky 10 minute soak at 52F whilst the children kindly went and picked some flowers for me - thanks to CaveMama's suggestion of keeping the room really warm, and keeping the bath very short, it was lovely! Feeling wide awake and full of energy now.

6. eva

eva New Member

walked to the gym yesterday in +2 deg centigrade - 45 minutes. im my underarmour heatgear (meant to allow for efficient cooling in warm temperatures :) - compression tights and t-shirt. i must say it was very nice. i was chilli for the first 5 min. after that i grew pink and felt very good indeed. i too my time, walking at a nice but not a fast pace, enjoying the surroundings and the stares.

7. omlh@todmi.com

40 minutes at 53.4F - first time after taking bitter melon, and I could really tell the difference! Now feeling very cold indeed, and wanting to go an hug my Aga ... better not, though ;)

8. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Sticking with morning cold baths and spot icing in the evenings. I am very excited that my stomach surgery scar from two years ago has changed so dramatically in texture and color with CT that now I want to work on my lower back scar tissue and see if I can make it change. It is a 14 yr old scar so not sure I can put worth while. I also doing some spotting on outer thighs to continue to work on cellulite fat balls under the skin. They are much less obvious with 6 weeks of CB so going to see if spotting speeds them along more!

9. Pamela

Pamela Gold

Today's bath was fine, it is afterwards that is more painful with the shivering. Man, I am still freezing!

10. AKMan

AKMan New Member

Air temp was 32 degrees. Walked barefoot in the snow for about 10 minutes, wearing just shorts. Then, 30 minutes in 75 degree hot tub. Lots of goosebumps, little shivering. I think the air temp makes a big difference during these cold dips, when the air is cold, you are still losing heat through your head and the 75 degree water feels pretty darn cold.

Got out of hot tub and did 30 minutes on treadmill in 60 degree garage with fan blowing on high.

11. Mott

Mott New Member

I finally recorded the temp of my tub water on my CT sessions...low 40s...it made me feel good that I could now endure this for 30 mins when the phone rang...alas, I call I had been waiting for...so I stood up on one leg...the one with the bad knee...and pop went my mcl....but it's all good....it's all good....I'm down 12 lbs and that knee had to go anyway...at least the way of surgery...thanks Dr. K....I feel good.

12. agatha

agatha New Member

How are your boils Olivia?

13. omlh@todmi.com

Thank you for asking, Agatha! They have disappeared for the time being, and the itchy rash has moved to across my shoulder blades. Oddly, I am noticing that I ache intensely in my left ankle, which I broke when I was six. It's been difficult to walk on today. Also, my wrists have been very sore indeed (broke those, too, many years ago!). I am sure this is something to do with the CT, and I hope it will pass. Weight is up again today, so I hope I'll see some weightloss changes soon!

14. agatha

agatha New Member

Goodness gracious, our bodies are atonishingly complicated. I have today had a recrudescence of hayfever which i left behind years ago.

15. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

How was today? It turns out, technically, I was swimming with dolphins during the lunch hour. Pretty much the only one out that far from the beach to enjoy it. If that's crazy, then I want to stay immune to "normal" ; )

16. omlh@todmi.com

Couldn't cope today, after a third night of little/no sleep and a very bad TOTM ... ran the bath, got undressed, stuck a toe in, and couldn't go any further. I would hazard a guess that leaving it for today, and just doing spot CT might be the way to go? Hopefully taking the bitter melon in preparation and then not doing the CT won't have any bad effects ...

17. shilohman

shilohman New Member

Its better to go slow and adapt than to rush it. If you rush it, you will be miserable, if you take it slow and allow your body to adapt at its own pace, then it will become enjoyable and you will look forward to it.

18. donkjellberg

donkjellberg Silver

Yeah, just listen to your body. Better going forward slowly than moving backward to get where you've been!

19. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

Last 4 days I have set my alarm early so I could have enough time for a 35 minutes immersion bath before leaving for work. Last 3 days I hit the snooze button. Not this morning! I got up and did it - and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I'm going to try to do these every morning now - seems easier than at night. The only problem is - I'm doing them before breakfast.

20. agatha

agatha New Member

CT was nonexistent today. I have a streaming, itchy eyes and nose - not sure if it's a cold or hayfever. I'm treating myself gently today.