1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Thank you freesia for the encouragement and the helpful info from your own experience. I am already feeling a big difference in how my body handles cold temperatures. I used to wake up feeling cold, now I actually feel some internal warmth in the morning. I am putting on less clothes when I go out. I also noticed I am more flexible and nimble. It could be the combo of sun and cold. It has been cloudy for the past two days, and I can feel a big difference. So just relying on the cold to keep me going.
    Doc is truly God's gift to humanity, and I am in awe and totally grateful for being able to learn from him, and all of you on this forum.

Brent Patrick, TerrierMom and freesia like this.
  2. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

@lohd2015 @freesia
    I have gastroparesis so started at low body fat with poor caloric intake, didn't get any thinner and in fact gained weight. And freesia it's not from carrying the ice, I don't exercise AT ALL any more due to massive fatigue however my muscles have grown far bigger from CT in all areas of my body.

Started with 5 months daily shower and currently at 3 months almost daily baths. Baths are far more effective and I have noticed much greater adaption in this time.

Also since messing around with full spectrum and UV lights CT has again gotten far easier. I put this down to my body being able to create more of the hormones it needs thanks to UV and the overal increase energy / redox from IR and UV...

also I think I was massively missing out on IR so since adding that maybe it is stored in my cells and then used in CT. But I'm not sure on this.

brent-next, freesia and lohd2015 like this.
  3. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

seanb4, your experience with CT is most inspiring, and to me, it's truly awesome! Are you eating differently, or taking supplements to compliment your CT/UT regiment? I can't wait to grow some muscles. Like you, I cannot exercise (although I am much better now, since my redox has improved with the ketogenic diet and iodine).

Can you please share with us what type of full spectrum and UV lights you are currently using?

I am waiting to receive some Edison bulbs bought from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011BOQWZA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

and am thinking of getting this black light also: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thank you for your time and help.

seanb4 likes this.
  4. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Terra-Solar-Simulating-Lamp-160w/dp/B00CFJVEBI

http://www.glow.co.uk/uv-black-light-bulb.html

Pretty much those although I got them from differen't sites.

I haven't really changed my eating too much although I did up carbs recently which helped a bit also. Think my diet was too restrictive before.

Next hack is to add more IR via nose. Think I'm missing out big on IR light.

lohd2015 likes this.
  5. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

seanb4 likes this.
  6. freesia

freesia Old Member

@seanb4 - has the gastroparesis improved recently? Light/cold should be helping vagal tone which I would think might have a beneficial effect on gut issues.
    IR from am sunlight feels amazing to me....Obviously what I needed more of! I've become way more sensitive to it and I feel a whole body response quickly. It seems effective in balancing out parasympathetic NS dominance.

Yes, baths are much more effective. Bathing in lakes even more so no doubt - but keep doing what you're doing!
    (I'm still using my bathtub mostly, the best part of 4 years since I started.)

seanb4 and lohd2015 like this.
  7. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

@freesia yes I have noticed improvements in gastroparesis since CT, it's no where near gone, but far more improved than it was at the start of the year. I think you are right, it has to do with more current for vagal tone, increased parasympathetic response and increased metabolism / hormones in general.

I am hoping once I add IR light to my UV and full spectrum, it will increase my poor DC to a level where regeneration can happen...

Do you live somewhere high longitude?

8. freesia

freesia Old Member

Hi Sean - latitude 41. South though - so with a side of donut-hole.
    I've lived in the UK, Europe and Middle East in the past and I have noticed a positive effect closer to the equator. Also feel best near the ocean.

Good to hear the gastroparesis has improved. I'm not surprised though! ;)

seanb4 likes this.
  9. ElEva

ElEva Silver

Hi, I have a question about NOT shivering when CT.
    I do not stay long in the water, perhaps 10-15 min; the water is in the range of below zero to 12°C (depending on the weather, as my CT tub is outside). I CT in the morning, now in winter before sunrise. I do well, I feel well, I warm up within minutes; my body turns red (in water up to my armpits).
    I do not shiver while in. Sometimes afterwards for a couple of minutes. Is this a sign that something is not right?
    Thanks

10. 493403g494f99539

493403g494f99539 New Member

I don't shiver when swimming in water. I don't shiver when I get out. I start shivering only after I get my clothes on. I guess I could stay in the water til I do start shivering, but then I wouldn't be able to operate my fingers to get my clothes back on.

11. lohd2015 likes this.
  12. Butters

Butters New Member

I have a question for you. I hope you can help me:
    Nowhere in the CT-Protocol there is a advice how far one should go when it gets to shivering.

Should one only extend the CT-session to the point of one can control the shivering, when using regularly?
    Or should there be no shivering at all?

13. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

I'd haunt the CT threads here on the forum. Lots of folks relating their experiences... There's a whole forum topic on CT.

lohd2015 likes this.
  14. nicld

nicld Gold

My N=1 is I would get out shortly after starting to shiver but that was in the beginning. Now I can stay in for 2 hours without really shivering and the water can be as low at 45F.

lohd2015 likes this.
  15. Butters

Butters New Member

Yeah, I will try it. Think that will make the future toughts for cold tubs much easier.

16. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Paleo Josh told me shivering isn't a bad thing - I just found it hard to tolerate.

17. yarralea

yarralea New Member

My CT today is in a wheelie bin, classy yes. It had 30 kg of big block ice. I have struggled to get it down to 10 degrees. I was able to stay in for nearly an hour (before life stuffs make me get out) so seeing I've not done a sub 14 degree CT in three months I wonder how long I can go.

Managed to get the water down to 10 C. Stayed in an hour then warmed up in glorious 35 C sun.

Might go get me a little bit more sun....

nicld and caroline like this.
  18. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

How I made CT'ing every day EASY...

I gotta admit these last few monthes I rarely ct'ed. I would do a brutal cold traumatising session and then not do it for a month...
    So I did the opposite.
    I used a temperature that's cool/cold but reasonably easy to get into and to stay. (18C)
    I stay only for 10-15 minutes in the bath.(more would make me avoid it for the "I don't have time" bs).
    Result: No problem doing it every day. I get all the usual mood/mental/sleep/libido boosts from CT. Doing that everyday is better than doing it once or twice a week longer and colder period.
    The plan... To drop about 1degC a week, and stay a little longer maybe. Maybe in a year I'll do 5degC... who knows, Don' care. My goal is just to be addicted to CT then indulge in my addiction. And still do it in a 1000 days, 10000 days...

Danco3636, jwhb77 and nicld like this.
  19. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

jwhb77 likes this.
  20. Sascha Heid

Sascha Heid New Member

Hello everybody!

I'm new here and it's only a week since i stopped thinking that Jack is batshit-crazy.
    Anyways, i started to kinda do CT one week ago.
    Since i run or cycle to work (it's only 3 miles) i simply switched to my sommer clothing. It's currently winter here in germany with temps between 2 and 5 degrees Celsius. In the beginning i used gloves and a cap but it was surprisingly not cold, so i ditched them. First time i was cold was when i ran 3 miles followed by 15 miles of cycling at 2 degrees Celsius, slight rain and lot's of wind.
    But today i was honestly concerned.
    I cycled to a friend. It was snowing at 1 degree celsius and so it was also wet. I had my lightest summer-clothes on with gloves and a cap. The gloves got wet, the shoes got wet, and because i lost my way it took me longer then expected, about 90 minutes.
    When i arrived i was shivering uncontrollably, i could not stand, i was not able to talk, my heart raced and i breathed really quickly and strongly. I was totally f*ed up. My Hands and feet were deep blue and 30 minutes into the hot bath i was still shivering strongly.
    So i guess that was too much. Had it been only 45 minutes as it was planned i probably would have been fine, but this was something else.
    Shit happens if you don't follow the protocol.