1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

Had CT today in the cold tub + Ice vest. In the later afternoon I saw I got cryoburn at some places. What can I do against it? I already have one area which skin is darker than everwhere else. !

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I need to do CT.......tough now because it is so hot. 95F plus for a month.

3. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Pffff in those temps I would soak in the tub all day long. Waaaaaaaaay too hot.

4. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I'm on a roll now...six days in a row. Much simpler now that I have a CT tank that is ready and chilled for me.

One thing I've noted is that CTing inside is much different than outside. When outside in sunshine I could easily submerge my body (and even my arms if I wear compression sleeves).

CT inside is harder. Getting in and submerging to my waist - - no problem. Lowering my upper body into the water is much much harder. If it wasn't for the @#$!% mosquitoes the tank would be outside.

5. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Experiment today.

Spent one hour floating in pool outside before getting into the tank. Had a huge stationary cloud blocking out direct sunlight but blue skies all around it.

Much, much easier to settle down into the cold water. I think I'm on to something...

nonchalant, caroline and Cpt.Tired like this.
  6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Excellent. First time in a bath tub and with ice . Repeating the experience today with Epsom salts added.

nicld likes this.
  7. b612

b612 New Member

Lahelada, how much epsom salts do you put? I can't feel the difference. probably I don't put enough...

8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

This is my first attempt in a full bath. I read here that people use one to two cups per bath though.

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Dawn, sometimes I'll get cold early in the tank, and I'll be disappointed and all set to get out, when the sun will come out, and I can catch a few rays from between the tree branches. All of a sudden I'm so comfortable, and I stay in another 20-30 minutes. It sure isn't the heat of the sunshine that makes that kind of difference.

nicld likes this.
  10. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

Now I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to CT at temperatures down to like -20C ??? (starting with -2C and lower) It's possible by saturating water with salt. Then either it's very cold outdoors, or I need to use lots of electricity.
    Obviously the goal is not to freeze/kill myself lol.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    Cpt.Tired likes this.
  11. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

That sounds risky...

12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

That IS risky. If that interests you check out WIM HOF. Even he has a spotter with him though.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  13. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

You can ct in snow :) Don't know how cold that is. Felt pretty cold though. Once did this in a hot spring in Japan.

Question:
    I have a slight fever because of summer cold/flue. Should I ct? Or better not mess with core temp right now?

14. freesia

freesia Old Member

@Peertje80 - I don't know about the wisdom of messing with core temp but from experience I found if I'm well enough for am sun on the retinas CT is also a win...ie seems to help hasten the end of a cold virus.
    ...My approach has always been relatively conservative though. Others may have a different experience.

I put a bucket of hailstones in my ice bath this morning. :D

15. jackware

jackware Kama'aina

CT was great today. My forehead felt cool all day long.

16. nicld

nicld Gold

Been outside in the heat for the past 4 days and CRAVED CT. Finally home and sitting in my tub with 47F water and I am in HEAVEN!!!!

17. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I'll bet :). Enjoy the refreshing cold.

I did two sessions yesterday and my body said "Ahhhhhhh". Hotter than hell here.

caroline and nicld like this.
  18. jackware

jackware Kama'aina

For one week now I have only cold showered. On most days I'm using a 20 minute jog to warm my core and make the CT more of a refreshing experience than a torture. I can say I'm feeling a really clear and alive feeling in my mind over the last few days. My sleep has been very good as well, but it usually always is. Still eating one seafood meal a day, and portion sizes have been much easier to keep under control. I'm just not as ravenous for carbs as I used to be. Natural sunlight and grounding is rounding out my daily tasks. I'm also starting to feel that CT craving. I can't wait for it.

19. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Currently chilling in 55 wonderful degree water :D. Ahhhhhh....

Spent the day in Kemah and Galveston with feel like temps of 104+.

@nonchalant , I hope you are staying well hydrated at the family reunion!

20. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yes, thank you, I had a large supply of bottled water. But I did give one of my ice packs away to a relative with knee pain. Her doc said it was age and arthritis and age, and told her to take tylenol. I told her it was inflammation and to use ice regularly and if she needed more, to take aspirin or advil. The pain seems to coincide with her job that started 3 years ago. She said she did notice that when she worked in the freezers her knee seemed much better...