1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How was your CT today?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by differentstory, Mar 28, 2012.

1. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Only 45 minutes tonight. 55 degrees.

One unexpected benefit is all the insect bites I got on vacation stop itching when I am in cold water.

Kristi Lambert likes this.
  2. Inger

Inger Silver

cool :) Have you tried to rub the insect bites with MSM / sulfur?
    That helps when I burn myself on stinging nettles....... I mean it really helps :) I have read it can help with insect bites too......

3. Daniel Koetter

Daniel Koetter New Member

My first non bath tub CT today and it was great! Best part was everyone looking at me like I was crazy. 75 air temp 49F water temp in the Long Island Sound. I had 12 oysters on the beach then did 3 sessions 12-15 minutes each.

4. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Third day in a row -
    55 degrees
    45 minutes

nicld likes this.
  5. Butters

Butters New Member

Yesterday was Leg-Day. Afterwards I did a 35min session cold tub (don't know the temperature) with tap water alone, legs fully in to navel/nippel line under water. Every 5-10min getting new colder water in.
    Than again 3hrs later another session for 40min + 4 ice packs, same procedure. Legs were pumped. Soreness was gone.

What is the best protocoll to do CT? Legs fully under water and water until navel/nippel level or upper body fully under water with legs resting high and feet out?

The first option seems to be easier and I don't have to concentrate not to shiver/tolerate it and can do other things during CT, like watching a film or reading.

Body if one locally want to shed body fat you must expose these areas to the water right? Or say if one want to lower inflammation on special body parts these parts must submerged too!?

For lowering inflammation and speeding recovery should I go as low in temperature as I can (refering to CT-12 Paleo FX to practise)?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

drinking more water post work out might be a smarter way to keep your gains.

Danco3636 likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

8. Butters

Butters New Member

Do you mean I should exchange CT for drinking more water? I assume perfect would be doing both thinges.

9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I think he means there is more mileage in drinking more water than there s playing about with minimal temperature changes or square centimetres covered. CT is a cornerstone for fighting inflammation.

10. Butters

Butters New Member

Makes sense.

11. Butters

Butters New Member

What do you guys do during CT?

12. When in a tub: read, listen to podcasts, watch videos or a movie.
    When in the ocean: swim, free dive, look at the sky and try to meditate.

Yesterday, I did my first ocean CT of the year. Still only about 45F here, so I kept it short at 10 min.

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I meditate.......or listen to music

14. Butters

Butters New Member

35mins after leg-workout today in the tub. I watch tv-shows or jack kruse podcasts^^

15. Butters

Butters New Member

35min yesterday, 55-60 degree tap water bath.

nicld likes this.
  16. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Accidental CT, lost kiteboard and had to go look for it. Stripped wetsuit and walked down the shoreline in long sleeve and bikini. Sun was out, but it was only 45 degrees and wind chill even colder. Didn't realize it was so cold after I found my board 20 minutes later and walked back shivering all over the place. Needed two hands to remain grip on my board. Cannot recommend it.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  17. Butters

Butters New Member

I feel to have to pee more during CT when I eat more Carbs? Could that be? And when why than?

Wouldn't that mean that carbs a unstructuring water? Something to do with the electron leaking on cytochrome 1?

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    Cpt.Tired likes this.
  18. Butters

Butters New Member

I now use CT with a combination from cold tub and CFB use afterwards. The result are very intense sessions, because I always shiver when I put the vest on.

19. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

After a week from hell I climbed into the tank last night for 40 minutes at 56 degrees. Slept like a baby but woke early at about 4:10 am.

Going to be doing both floating in the pool (oh blessed sunshine) and CT everyday this weekend. Heck, maybe I'll even break out my ice vest and wear it while floating in the pool ;)

nicld likes this.
  20. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Jack said something like "Your body is getting rid of bad water hoping that you will replace it" (or absorb it maybe?). Having to take a piss during CT is common.
    Just make sure that I'm not downstream from you (lol!)

nicld likes this.