1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How to use a single IR bulb lamp for therapy... an informative article

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by lilreddgirl, Jan 22, 2016.

1. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

INSTRUCTIONS AND CAUTIONS FOR USE OF A SINGLE RED HEAT LAMP

by Lawrence Wilson, MD

© March 2014, The Center For Development

A single reddish 250-watt “heat lamp”, which is really a near infrared lamp, is an excellent healing device. This article details where to get a lamp and clamp-on socket, how to use the lamp, and cautions that one must observe for its safe and effective use.

SINGLE LAMP PROTOCOL

Clamp the socket to a chair, shelf, headboard of a bed, or other convenient location where you can move your body close to the lamp. If the spring-loaded clamp is very stiff, place a towel or glove on your hand when opening the clamp.

Always set a timer for your session. Infrared lights can cause deep relaxation and you could fall asleep under the light and overtreat yourself.

Sit about 8" to 24" from the lamp. Move the lamp or your body slightly during the lamp session as otherwise it may cause a slight burn.

Allow the area to become as hot as one can comfortably tolerate. A slight reddening of the skin is common and is not a burn. It will go away within an hour, and is not harmful.

Use the lamp five to twenty minutes per session, one to about six times per day. Be sure to observe all the cautions listed in this article.

BENEFITS OF AN ISOLATED INFRARED LAMP

An isolated reddish infrared heat lamp directed at an area of the body provides the following excellent and often surprising benefits:

·Improved circulation.

·Deep penetration, up to several inches inside the body.

·Improved oxygenation and even hydration of the tissues.

·Infrared effects, which may include faster tissue healing and others.

·The energy of the lamp is often very relaxing for muscles and for the nervous system.

CONDITIONS THAT MAY BENEFIT

Joint and muscle conditions. Joint pain, muscle strains, nasal polyps, ear aches, possibly eye problems, possibly toothaches, skin rashes, acne, boils and perhaps some other conditions of the eyes, nose, ears and sinuses. Neck, shoulder, elbow, knee and back pain may also respond.

Relief in one or two days has also occurred in cases of low back pain, knee pain, nerve root irritation and other local conditions. One can safely shine the lamp on any area of the body in need of healing. However, one must not shine it near the head for more than 5-10 minutes about every two hours.

Infections. For a general treatment that can be surprisingly effective, shine the red lamp at the thymus gland, moving the body or the lamp as close as possible without causing a burn. The thymus gland is located at the level of the breast bone.

A treatment should last about 15-20 minutes, and can be repeated three or four times daily for a severe infection.

The lamp can also be used for ‘spot treatment’ of any infected area of the body. For example, one patient had a sinus infection that did not respond to antibiotics or to natural healing methods. She was weak and feverish every evening and had constant headaches. By shining an infrared lamp on the sinuses for 5-10 minutes at a time, four times a day, relief occurred in two days with complete elimination of all symptoms in five days. The patient continued to use the lamp for another two weeks because she said the red light felt wonderful.

Nail fungus. One gentleman completely controls his toenail fungus on many toes by placing a red heat lamp near the floor. Each day he moved his toes as close as he could to the lamp until he felt it start to burn. He needed to do this every day, once daily at least, for 6 months. The treatment does not seem to be a cure, as he must repeat it every few months or so or the condition will return, but it keeps it under control.

Young children. For a baby or infant, one can shine the lamp on the abdomen for about ten minutes, preferably while the baby is lying comfortably in your lap or on a table. Use caution and keep the lamp at least 1.5-2 feet from the baby. This can help colic, constipation, anxiety, irritability and other problems. Do not shine the light near a baby’s eyes or at a baby’s head.

For older children. Skin rashes, blemishes, and other skin conditions may respond. Teenage or adult acne often responds beautifully, often in a few days with just one or two treatments for 5-15 minutes per day.

For the eyes, ears, teeth and sinuses. The single lamp can be very helpful for conditions involving these areas. However, because they are on the head, do not use the light more than 5-10 minutes at one time. Then wait two hours or more before doing another session. Also, keep your eyes closed when using the light near your eyes.

Pets. It can also be used on pets and large animals such as horses.

CAUTIONS WITH A SINGLE INFRARED LAMP

·Do not use the lamp on any area of the head, such as the ears or sinuses, for more than 5-10 minutes in one session, and sessions should be at least two hours apart.

·Do not look at the lamp at close range. Always close your eyes if you shine it at your head area.

·Always use a timer when using the lamp so that you do not overtreat yourself.

·Avoid using the lamp on an injury for the first 24 hours following the injury. The lamp might increase inflammation, which is not helpful. However, the lamp is excellent for most injuries and accidents.

·Move the lamp or your body a little during a session. Remaining in one spot too long could cause a burn.

·Avoid applying any kind of essential oil, lotion or cream to your skin before using the heat lamp. Oils can heat up and cause a burn.

·Avoid touching an infrared lamp when hot.

·Avoid placing the lamp on any surface when hot to avoid igniting or burning the surface.

·Treat the lamp gently. Do not screw the lamp in too tightly. Also avoid banging the lamp or splashing water on it, as these could cause it to break.

·Rosacea or some skin cancers may become irritated by the light.

WHERE TO BUY A SINGLE REDDISH HEAT LAMP

These are found at most hardware stores. Ask for a 250-watt “heat lamp”. It is not called infrared. Any brand will do, and these include General Electric, Philips, Sylvania, Havel-SLi, Westinghouse, Feat or perhaps another.

To get a clamp light socket, here are two links:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bayco-10.5-Brooder-Clamp-Light/14003468

http://www.amazon.com/Alert-Stampin...96498122&sr=8-2&keywords=Clamp-on+lamp+socket

______

from http://www.drlwilson.com/Articles/SINGLE LAMP.HTM

Dean6789, Optimalbound, nicld and 2 others like this.
  2. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I ordered one of these yesterday to go with the vitamin D lamp. I figure since the vielight has helped so much I could try increasing infrared without side effects if I add a decent amount of UV. We will see...

lilreddgirl likes this.
  3. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Talk to me about Infrared and UV synnergy... I've read that 'you need both' and also that there's a danger of fibrosis with just IR without UV' but not sure if there's a specific way to use them timing wise... do you know more details?

Is the way to do some IR in a dark room at some point in the day then at a different time of the day you get some UV?

4. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

It seems to me the best way is to get both UV and IR at the same time.

I have also read about overusing IR leading to fibrosis and dehydration. There is a study somewhere and I think yew worked it out that 2 sessions of IR from vielight is the cut off dose. But obviously no studies have been done and there is very little info on combining it with UV. Also the cut off point will vary depending on health / etc. I'm still unsure of the mechanism that UV will stop IR fibrosis. The only way to find out for me will to be use my 2 doses of vielight and then see how much IR + UV-A-B I can take without feeling worse.

If i sit with the 250w ir lamp close to were i'm shining vit d lamp hopefully that will bring the blood to surface and allow both frequencies to interact in blood. I will try 5 mins x4/day + vielight and see what happens. Slight concern of overuse of d lamp as it recomends less time. But tbh i dont even know if its working as its second hand and my skin hasn't gotten any redness from it....

lilreddgirl likes this.
  5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I second the idea of both at the same time. We do not live under a cold sun,I.e IR and UV go hand in hand. My solution would be different to yours though. I would have a heated room preferably heated by some combustion fire be that open fire place, wood burners and least gas heating .No electric for obvious reasons. Then I would add red light.
    This thinking that I am trying to simulate conditions of a certain time of day. Don't get stuck on the science so much but think about the goal. You want to pretend that you are in a different t latitude or at a different point in the day. You are in effect lieing to your SCN.

seanb4 likes this.
  6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

This is also the reason why to take the instructions for IR bulb with a pinch of salt. These are Kinesiology recs which have some application with regards to not burning yourself but you will need to think out the details within your context. Let's say you are a shift worker and want to supplement the frequencies you miss by still sleeping g at 4 pm . Your requirements in terms of frequence ratio and time of exposure are different in terms of dose and times than a person like DR K who is trying to undo the blue light /EMF exposure from the OR.

That is how I understand it anyway.

7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Jus listened to the Jason Prall podcast . Dr K says red light to heal at night only with UV and outside. Guess the RedGiant was a giant hint...

8. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

whoa D lamp 5 times a day!

9. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

@Lahleda the Red light as ambient light I've been teold is different than the IR though no? The IR seems to be used for short sessions of healing, not as ambient light...

I'm 'working hard' trying to gather info and get it all straight...

10. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

4 times for a total of 20mins :)

11. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

I am concerned! but also interested...

12. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

Just got an IR heat lamp and I have it hanging up outside on my patio. It feels good sitting in full sun with the lamp 20" above my head. Is that what you guys mean by combining UV and IR? Is the idea of the IR and red ambient at night to mimic the IR from fires?

13. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

14. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Thanks lilreddgirl for the incredible specificity and resource links. This is very close to what I've been doing (without much research) with a 250 w Therabulb NIR-A bulb. And now I'll make a few adjustments. Awesome post.

15. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Ditto thanx to lilreddgirl!

If nnEMFs lead to fibrosis (as in tough microwaved meat) then it seems reasonable using light frequency bulbs (as with sunlight) would have more, or less, side effects depending how dehydrated the body is. This is intriguing; I wonder what goes on with say, a pulsing red Vielight up the nose and an IR and/or UV lamp light simultaneously directed at the face or some other body area? Of course, starting slow and gradually increasing light (with enough hydration) goes without saying.

Looking forward to more reports on experiments, especially if some idea of hydration (self-assessed maybe on a scale of 1-10?) at the time of exposure and noticed results like skin appearance and mood changes... Am I insensitive or are we not likely to feel UV on skin? IR's heat is easier to feel. If one aimed for 'balanced/equal UV & IR' from bulbs would that be possible from matched wattage in the bulbs? If not matched would a 'stronger' IR lamp let the UV lamp's rays come through? Would the exposure time be the same for both, or would one be best to turn off first, or place at different distances from the target area?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Dean6789 and seanb4 like this.