1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How to make deuterium depleted water.

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Billybats, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

This guy seems to have done inadvertent research into this. https://scholar.google.com.ar/scholar?hl=es&as_sdt=0,5&q=bricout isotope&oq=bricout isoptop
    Also this http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1438-8677.1990.tb00171.x/full

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

What is rice grass? rice?

3. philip malone

philip malone Silver

So I just downed a bottle of the clam juice. Not bad - savory. It was Cento natural brand, 8 oz. $1.89 at the market here in N.Y. ( now a balmy 19 deg.) So now I need you to tell me some more on why
    you hit on doing this.... DHA? DDW?

Lahelada and Phosphene like this.
  4. Billybats

Billybats New Member

You go Philip...lol I would think he was going for the DDW. I wonder if there is any DHA in the liquid, my gut says no.

5. drezy

drezy Gold

uh-oh I was just F'ing with you to see if you would do it.

I'll PM you the rest of story but I spent lots of time when I was young around the ill and elderly. Somehow, societally, we seemed to have gotten it backwards. When we are around the ill we get all hush hush and obsequiously reverent toward not so much the person but oddly to the disease. Maybe if you are extra respectful near the disease you won't get it yourself? I don't know how it's supposed to work. I think it actually disrespects the person who you would otherwise be pranking, laughing with, arguing with, and otherwise treating as an equal. I think those that are skating on the thinner ice could use more reassurances that they are humans/equals and could likely even use a few more laughs.

Just wanted to let you know that I don't see you as "Philip that guy with lymphoma" (fake reverence time). I see you as another dude, pulled a little prank on you, and now expect find myself receiving your reciprocity in trying to pull a carpet from under me at some point. I think we could rinse&repeat that for decades too.

Lahelada, Phosphene and karenr like this.
  6. philip malone

philip malone Silver

hahaha.... the joke is on you as I may make a habit of drinking the stuff. Stop me while there's still time! I get you about society and disease. I know in my case I don't want some kind of weird behavior around me. One wants
    to keep on keepin on, y'know? On the other hand, there are people who just can't handle it and never ask. That's a little strange too. As far as the lymphoma goes, I will be better in 2018. Promise.
    Clam juice, mmmm........

7. drezy

drezy Gold

LOL. Keep going I'll be around to mess with you if needed.

philip malone likes this.
  8. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Chef Drezy -- Help? My pastured pork 'bellies' came in and the label said "fresh side pork." (The distributor is staffed mostly by Millennials, sweet young'uns but... and their website listed "bellies," not "side bacon." They called the farm and got back to me saying that's what the producer said IS bellies.) Should I be disappointed, or forever confused? On second look at your fabulous, mouth-watering photo, is there 'meat' there in the fat? So, it's okay for 'streaks o' lean' meat to show?) I've seen a number of different labels on pork at the grocery store and 'bellies' over there look like all fat. (No, I won't buy it there as I'm avoiding GMO corn and assume factory farms feed that to what ends up on the table.) So, ya think I can 'sear' what I've got (looks to me like very thick bacon, in really long slices) and follow through the rest of your recipe? Did you "sear"" in large pieces and cut after? Which is probably best, outside grill or stovetop heavy duty pan? Does the searing make a big spattering? (Hmmm, grease up the kitchen, or, catch fire on the grill...) Do the slices curl up or try to jump out of the heat? I'm down with the lightest touch of hoisin and good on the rest! I know how to use aluminum foil safely -- no touching the food! I think I'm prepared, but can you see if I'm really ready? Sincerely, this former, long-term vegetarian (come back to J'sus...)

Phosphene likes this.
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

I think you're set for success @Sheddie. There's lot's of names for fatty pork. I don't think it matters too much.

I try to slice about 3" sections. I like the salty crispiness of surface area. So, for example, I'd probably move my knife about halfway into this (image below) and slice it (left to right not front to back) in order to create more surface area. I also cook fat side up so it bastes itself.

[​IMG]

My favorite current recipe is this one (beware! it takes 90+ minutes) https://deadspin.com/how-to-cook-pork-belly-which-thoroughly-kicks-bacons-a-1619788169. I think doing it low and slow is part of what makes it awesome.

I tend to try to master anything new in the temperature control of the oven (EMF bad I know) before any other method, though grill smokiness would be good. At the 90 min mark put some tin foil hats on those piggies fat layer. Think pie crust shield but for pork fat. Martha taught me that concept and she did time so she's solid in my book.

Happy cooking!

10. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Zowie-Shazzam! I'm stoked! (Are you sure it isn't your writing as that recipe's 'guest' contributor?) My first sample is already sliced the long side but I can layer those, or piece them together, and watch the roasting time. I found some relatively local Berkshire/Kurobuta possibilities online for the 'real' belly next time!! And, all the inspiring ways to use it up! Hog Heaven -- let me in! (Thanks, drezy!)

Phosphene likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Based on your description I vote side by side as much fat up as possible(aka maximize fat surface area to slow heat).

I just halved a 5lb belly across the long side too and rubbed salt brine on it for bacon(smoking) in 5 days. That stuff flies out of the fridge around herblike crazy.

Bringing it all back home to deuterium depletion. When I see the salt dry rub pull water out of the meat I now wonder if the salt is "prejudiced" against the D2O... Does anyone have any guesses about whether brining meat "depletes"or just pulls equally?

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Does salt rub helps in creating single O?
    Single O prefers to bind with D rather than H.

Sheddie likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm glad I aired that thought/question because you just took it to another level. Thanks.

14. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Now, I'm wondering, too. Curioser & curioser...

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Inside this podcast is the key to the quality assurance programs that photosynthesis has for H+ over deuterium.

Have a listen about the member event just completed in Mexico...........

16. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Already listen to this one. Of course very interesting. I know there was something different mentioned but forgot, going back to listen to it again.

17. Recently picked this up. Not on the level that this community is on, but when read with a trained mind such that we (should) have it's still a decent read.
    513Q30S41VL._SX315_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Sheddie
    How breathing mask depletes deuterium?

1. Exhaled breadth contains increased amounts of CO2 (over the inhaled breath) (and moisture, water)
    2. Breathing mask forces breathing of increased amounts of CO2
    3.That raises CO2 level in hemoglobin
    4. Hemoglobin breaks CO2 releasing single O
    5. Using breathing mask more single O is released than without it
    6. Single O binds with hydrogen, but have a preference to bind with D
    7. Using breathing mask increases D levels in exhausted air

@drezy
    have I got it right?
    Dr. Que Collins explains that in the top left video, here:
    https://www.cignaturehealth.com/resources-videos/

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Phosphene and David Limacher like this.
  20. karenr

karenr Silver

That's exactly the basis of the Buteyko method. The Bohr effect.

So we want to breathe more CO2 to release O2 to the cells, but if exhaled air is higher in deuterium, why is that good to rebreathe?

I don’t use the mask, but the simple method of cupping my hand over my nose slightly, for a few minutes at a time, throughout the day. That way I can adjust the reduced breathing to my comfort level, to just below the level where I'm feeling like I'm not getting enough air.
    Plus short breath holds throughout the day to reduce breathing.
    I find these have a very noticeable relaxation effect.

Dean6789 and Phosphene like this.