1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How to make coconut oil palatable?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by AnnieW, Aug 30, 2013.

1. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

I love cooking with CO and the energy it gives me. It's not the taste...I love the taste. I think it's a textural thing, and psychological because it's solid fat and for some reason it grosses me out. Is there anything I can do to make it more tasty? I've tried melting it and taking it that way, which isn't horrible but it's not great either. I've tried eating it solid out of the jar and it is almost gag inducing for me. I love the taste, it's just the texture. Any suggestions?

2. nicld

nicld Gold

Uhmmm mix it with unsweetened flaked coconut, stevia and cocoa powder. It is AWESOME. I call it my coconut crack.

I too have tried to eat it solid and it is a little off putting. Kinda just let it sit in the mouth and melt.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

MCT oil stays liquid ...altho it doesn't have any taste.......I love coconut!

4. endless

endless New Member

Blend it into coffee or tea...

5. PrimalPam

PrimalPam Silver

Since coconut oil liquefies at room temperature, try letting it get a little warmer and just put a spoonful in your mouth.

I put it in my coffee every day and don't even notice it.

How about just putting a couple of tbsp.'s on a salad?

6. Grantmeliberty

Grantmeliberty New Member

Melting point for coconut oil is 78 degrees F. Depends upon how warm your house is. I have been using coconut oil for about 8 years. I love it.

7. nicld

nicld Gold

I put the solid stuff in my morning coffee too and now that it is cooler here it did go back to solid.