1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How to Heal 23 years of Hypothyroidism...?

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by yuly, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

You are welcome Jan :). I like Dr Bergs videos once in a while. He has a very calm and kind style and lots of cool content and they are not long either :)

2. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I need to update my journal because I've had a lot of labs in the last few months and am getting some done next week. My cortisol was only 10.2 at 8-9am back in December so I was taking hydrocortisone for about 6 weeks early this year (it was amazing). During that time I was doing a lot of CT and had also supplemented DHEA for a bit. DHEA came up fast and furious as I started supporting my thyroid and doing CT hard core. I don't have a cortisol/cortisone and I don't know what 5aR/5bR is. I am working on getting a second fridge so I have the freezer space to make bone broth and add seaweed to it. That's my next big push as I still have issues with belching and it's super frustrating. For our family of 5 we have such a small fridge and it's ridiculous. I take a dropperful of Lugol's when I remember to and for the last few weeks I've been taking selenium, K2 and magnesium glycinate.

Next week's labs are TSH/T4/T3H, CBC diff, CMP14, copper, ceruloplasmin, ferritin, iron and TIBC and Magnesium, RBC.

3. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

That's a great video! Thanks Inger! I still don't have an IR light, but I am in the sun every day it's out. I did pick up a reptile light to have on hand for cloudy days and I still want to get an IR light even though I'm in Florida. My Vit D was lower than I wanted it this winter and I think using IR very intentionally like you are doing would be super helpful too.

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I don't know what 5aR/5bR is
    LieselK said:
    ----------------------------------------------
    Get DUTCH test, then you will find out (including suggestions about what to do for remedy).
    DUTCHtest.com
    You can order that test all by your self (no doctor's involvement required, just valid credit card)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

That looks nice and comprehensive! Thanks for the info.

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Please let me know if you find something better.

8. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

Hi Liesel!

I couldn't help but mention that while the IR light may have some positive effect on the thyroid/thymus, you or anyone else with hashi's doesn't have an IR deficiency on their thyroid/thymus :) Just like you and I both don't have a porcine desiccated thyroid deficiency either! the meds are a fantastic support while we resolve the system imbalances.

9. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

Functional tests are only as good as the one interpreting them. You must correct your environmental inputs first (nutrition, environment, lifestyle, mindset). doing the dutch test and following their 'remedies' is no different than going to your primary care doc for pills...the paradigm of take this pill for this ailment (herbal, natural, or not!) will only cause you to chase your tail and you will never truly heal and resolve your health issue. you don't want to follow the dutch tests advice, other than whats in your urine, they know nothing about you! or your context.

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

ust like you and I both don't have a porcine desiccated thyroid deficiency
    -------------------------------
    I love those (great sounding) general statements. Especially of those who recommend organic foods.
    Including those who would eat oysters and survival soup and nothing else.

How did the goiter belt happen?
    Do you really know what comes in?

upload_2020-4-21_14-5-20.png

11. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

not sure what your point is JanSz.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do what you think is the right thing to do,
    but verify,
    so you know if it is actually working.

13. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

I'd completely agree but in the reverse order you wrote it. Quantify and qualify, measure and monitor. Just because its 'working' verified by lab results doesn't mean that your problem is resolved. in the case of this thread, hashi's, there is an imbalance in the systems biology that needs to be resolved, which is why i said that people who have hashi's don't have an IR light deficiency or an armour thyroid deficiency therefore they are not going to bring resolution, however, they may temporarily be the bridge that is needed to resolve the imbalance. So, just testing your thyroid labs to see if the IR light or the armour is working doesn't really bring you any closer resolving the systemic imbalance. do they work, sure, but they are dead ends if your attempting to resolve a chronic condition. You can shine a laser on your throat or pop pig thyroid pills all day and your labs will look wonderful, but you didn't resolve your problem. Obviously this is my opinion :)

kim johnson likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Describe how do you figure that someone has:
    Hashimoto disease
    and
    how do you propose to treat it?
    How do you figure out the end of your treatment?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  15. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

initially reject the diagnosis - hashimoto's is a group of symptoms that a doc observed and named...stop playing the name it, claim it, blame it, tame it game. remove the power of the diagnosis. You do not have hashi's, you have a series of symptoms that are presenting due to some imbalances in your systems biology. the next step is to assess the status of your systems biology and at the same time begin to correct for environment, lifestyle, mindset, and nutrition. Once you have assessed the status of your systems biology you can begin to make changes to bring systems back into balance - based on the context and individual uniqueness. Realize that there is no 'hashimoto diet' or thyroid detox...why? each individuals context is different and needs to be assessed individually per their context before any changes are made. A nutraval plasma is a great start and then depending on the individuals symptoms (immune issues, gut issues, etc) you can assess those biological systems more in depth than nutraval plasma can provide. There is no one specific protocol though and i think this is where folks get really frustrated. you need to work with a practitioner that is trained to assess and balance systems biology mainly with making changes in nutrition, mindset, environment, and lifestyle - one example of such a practitioner is Dr. Anthony G Beck. The end goal is living life in balance through environment, mindset, lifestyle, and nutrition. The process to get to the end goal is expensive, convoluted, time consuming, and arduous. It's not a sexy protocol or full of biohacking and stem cells. finally, the process is not dogmatic. all tools, resources are valid and useful, again, specific to the context and uniqueness of the individual.

JanSz likes this.
  16. Inger

Inger Silver

I agree that it might not always be good to cling to a diagnosis too much.... it kind of reduces the thing and imprisons it, might make one blind-eyed for things seen without a diagnosis.
    Maybe makes it harder to listen to the body what it have to say.
    Sometime a diagnosis can be very helpful though. What a paradox.
    Interesting.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

More often then not sick people are financially challenged. They can only use simple help.
    Those few who have finances available are mostly taken by someone with better sales skills.
    --------------------

Genova Diagnostic NutrEval.
    https://www.gdx.net/product/nutreval-nutritional-test-plasma

A few years back, NutrEval caught my eye, it looks really interesting,
    when trying to asses that test value
    I did three of then in the row, within short time span.
    The results were as of three different peoples.

18. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

I'm just curious, could you give an example of when a diagnosis is helpful? I find that when people have a symptoms or issues they want an explanation of 'what it is or what it means'. That would be the 'name it'. They go to the doc or the functional med doc and explain their issue or symptom and the doc maybe runs a test or 2 and says, 'oh you have hashimotos'. While the news may be upsetting, most people feel alot of relief that they atleast know what it is is wrong with them and that they can confirm that they were right about the symptoms or issues they were experiencing. This is the blame it phase. Blame your symptoms or issues on your thyroid, or your immune system attacking your thyroid. Its your thyroid/immune systems fault or dysfunction. Additionally, most patients then claim their diagnosis, "I have hashi's" and they go around justifying or rationalizing behaviors based on this 'diagnosis'. Oh, i can't eat that I have hashi's, or i need this medicine because i have hashi's. the diagnosis becomes a part or all of the persons identity and it they begin to see the world through their 'hashi' lens...this is why there is such a massive market in the health and wellness space marketing and advertising to people with 'hashi's', the diagnosis brings about big business. Finally, the tame it phase. The doc gives you meds or a procedure (cuts you up). We go do a google search to naturally treat hashi's and take every pill, potion, and powder, every diet, detox protocol, etc. This is where people get sucked up into the mainstream medical vortex. This vicious cycle of name it, claim it, blame it, tame it game (along with medical insurance) keeps people unwell, and managed. The medicines, procedures, and insurance make managing your condition 'affordable' or should i say COMFORTABLE. This cycle is its own little matrix within the matrix.

19. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

You are what you negotiate and tolerate. at some point, people who are sick must face the decision to stay comfortable and manage their problems, or do whatever it takes to change. Time and time again we hear of stories of impoverished individuals becoming accomplished CEOs and leaders of industry. The difference is that those folks held themselves to a higher standard. Unfortunately, the marketing/advertising and cultural pressure that folks get sucked into influence them to lower their standards for themselves where they become poor negotiators for themselves and have poor tolerance for what they will and will not accept for themselves. A perfect example is this coronovirus 'groupthink' mobocracy. Many folks are tolerating state and federal government infringing on their rights and actually supporting it!

I can't comment on your nutraval labs.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Medical insurance is an unbelievable scam.
    One Aspirin pill in hospital cost a small fortune.
    Any of the tests listed below when charged to insurance cost at least 10x more.

upload_2020-4-22_12-54-22.png

malc0088 likes this.