1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How to Heal 23 years of Hypothyroidism...?

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by yuly, Jun 28, 2019.

1. yuly

yuly New Member

(my english is little bit poor so forgive me for that...)

Dear Jack,

I've came to your blog and your podcasts "accidently" 2 weeks ago, since then i'm trying to listen and watch as much as i can.

I am 38 years old, live in Israel, mother of one.

I’ have been born in Belarus (USSR) and emigrated to Israel when i was 9. At age 15 i’ve been diagnosed with hypothyroidism (high TSH, no antibodies) and for the last 23 years i've been taking Eltroxin 500 mg per week (when i was pregnant it went up to 1,200 mg per week).

I am struggling with some overweight... 1,53 sm height and 65 kg right now (that is 15 kg to much for me).
    Two years ago i did keto-diet and lost the weight (i was 52 kg then) but since i got back to eating carbs, al the weight came back up plus some more.

Have to admit that my work is mainly in front of the computer and i’ve been hiding my white skin (and my cellulite) from the sun...

I am really trying to figure my way out of it, i want to be healthy and slim and stop being tired and angry most of the time.

I feel like i am lost in the amount of the information on your site and i am asking your help to tell me what is the most important steps i should do to heal my thyroid and get of the meds (if you think it is possible?) and lose the weight…

thank you very very much

Yuly

p.s.
    i've uploaded my labs, one from last year one from this month.

Attached Files:

2. PJP71 likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

What day of your cycle blood was drawn?
    How long are your cycles?

ESTRADIOL(E2) 69.62 PMOL/L
    (FOLLICULAR PHASE : 77 - 922 PMOL/L)
    (MID-CYCLE : 140 -2383 PMOL/L)
    (LUTEAL PHASE : 77 -1145 PMOL/L)
    (POST MENOPAUSAL : <103 PMOL/L)

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

C O R T I S O L - S E R U M 2 2 0 . 9 1 N M O L / L ( 102.00- 535.00) (.*.......)
    D H E A S O 4-- 2 . 3 9 U M O L / L ( 2.00- 11.10) (*........) eat 50mg/day DHEA pills
    T E S T O S T E R O N E < 0 . 4 5 ( 0.30- 3.80)
    T S H 4 . 6 6 μ I U / m L ( 0.35- 4.94)

get FreeT3 tested post results
    or
    just
    eat NTH (NaturalThyroidHormone from pigs)
    start with 3 grains/day
    retest 3-4 months latter
    VITAMIN D 25-OH 29.00 NG/ML should be over 100
    start with that

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Begin by watching the Vermont 2017 video. Avoid doing any labs until you understand how light controls aromatic amino acids that make up T3 and T4 hormones.

6. yuly

yuly New Member

Thank You very much for your response.

7. yuly

yuly New Member

The blood test was taken at the second day of my menstruation...
    I stoped taking birth controll pills a year ago since i had big mess with them, i have now Intrauterine device without hormones, my period became stronger and lasts 7 days.

Thank you very much for your time!

8. yuly

yuly New Member

I'm taking 500-600 mg of eltroxin per week.
    should i add the NTH too? where can i get it?

i'l start to take DHEA,
    How much vitD should i taka dayly/weekly?

i watching Jack's videos again and again to understand a bit more each time :)
    anyway, trying to get out to the sun as much as i can and to awoid screens after dark...
    also started to put some ice on my stomach and hips.

thank you again for everything

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The working hormone in thyroid system is T3
    The directly opposing thyroid hormone is RT3
    chemically identical, but one is right the other left

Before or while supplementing thyroid hormones
    one should have good
    iodine
    cortisol
    selenium
    vitD
    and other
    status

Most often supplementation is done using T4 (as is in your case).
    What actually works is T3.
    which means
    that supplementing with T4
    asumes
    that body is able to make T4--->>T3 conversion
    ------------------------

-------------------------------------
    eltroxin=T4=Levothyroxine=Brands: Synthroid, Tirosint, Levoxyl, Unithroid, and Levo-T
    -------------

https://www.jackkruse.com/brain-gut-12-dare-to-disagree/ The thyroid makes 80 mcgs a day of T4 and 5 mcg of T3 a day in its normal basal state.
    Another 25 mcgs is made by peripheral monoiodination of T4 into T3 in the peripheral tissues.
    The conversion of T4 to T3 is stimulated by high iodine levels which in turn lowers the HS CRP.

110mcg=80+25+5
    1grain=38+9=47mcg
    3Grains(NTH)=(114mcg-T4)+(27mcg-T3)
    Is usual daily replacement dose
    Daily production=110mcg=2.34 Grains
    2.340426 Grains
    =====================================
    Good iodine supplementation can be achiewed using
    1cc/day of 2% Lugols
    and
    200-400mcg selenium frol lef.org

======================================
    When supplementing thyroid hormones
    aim at upper laboratory range for RT3 or slightly higher
    with caveat
    watch your pulse (at rest), do not go over 80bpm, and definitely not over 100bpm
    resting body temperaure 36.6C=97.88F deep under tongue
    upload_2019-7-5_12-1-23.png

Your
    VITAMIN D 25-OH 29.00 NG/ML
    is extremely low

At first
    do not supplement with vit D
    get maximum sunlight possible at your place
    make sure
    that you build skin resistance to sunlight (100% of skin and eyes, breasts, crotch)
    do it very slowly, to prevent any skin peeling
    get
    Sperti Fiji Lamp
    Sperti Fiji Sun Home Tanning Lamp - Face and Body Sunlamp by Sperti
    upload_2019-7-5_12-35-54.png
    Build up your skin resistance to 16 min/day of this lamp from very close distance.

Check your vitamin level.

upload_2019-7-5_12-24-13.png

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...re-to-move-to-thread.19529/page-6#post-222624

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/supplementation-not-a-fan.21465/page-2#post-243630

In the video Jack says:
    Toxic level of vit D 250 ng/dl time 31:55

People in equator should have 150-200ng/dL from the sun.
    In Montreal should have 60-80 ng/dL (at 3 weeks before summer solstice)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  10. yuly

yuly New Member

i wonder...is the fact that i was living in Belarus untill 1990, at the area of Chernobyl radiation, has to do with my hypothyriodism and iodine deficiensy..?
    and if so, is it reversable at all??

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I think that you just have to deal with what you have today.

Alex97232 likes this.
  12. yuly

yuly New Member

not to supplement d....??? at all?

13. yuly

yuly New Member

is Kelp supplement would be a good idea? (for iodin)

14. Inger

Inger Silver

Vit. D should come from the sun.
    Supplementing has many risks.... you need to inform yourself about them. Jack has mentioned it in many blogs of his.

drezy and Alex97232 like this.
  15. Inger

Inger Silver

To eat seaweed is great :) If you have a good, clean source :) Jack has a nice chapter in his book Epi Paleo RX about seaweed!

Iodine supplementation is a little different story... it can be way more effective and pushes halides out way faster, but it is also risky. Please read books about it before you start or try! You have to know what you are doing, and what to do if you get bad symptoms etc.
    The safest way is eating tons of seafood and seaweed, but be aware of clean sources and better, wildcaught seafood.

Painting Iodine (Lugols) on the skin might be a great way to start if you want to supplement iodine... just be aware that some people react to even that very strongly. So start slow with small amounts.

Alex97232 likes this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I suggest that you do all above for 3-4 months first.
    So, max available local sun.
    16 min/day Fiji Sperti lamp
    Add also one can a week
    upload_2019-7-6_10-6-30.png
    King Oscar Natural Cod Liver, 6.7-Ounce Cans

Then do blood test, and see if you may need supplementation.

-------

17. yuly

yuly New Member

Thank you all...!!

18. yuly

yuly New Member

19. drezy

drezy New Member

I could.

I think using the term "therapy" with that light is a marketing stretch. It's not a very strong unit and I am not sure if it flickers

A non flickering red light instead of using nasty LED white/blue spectrum lights in the evening and for potty trips IS useful in hotels. I use small red lights in my travel kit as well as some tape to cover any other lights that typically stay on.

20. Inger

Inger Silver

Well, redlight can be a great help to heal the thyroid I guess. At least in my Red light Therapy book it says, there are many studies about thyroid and redlight that show really good results. But you need a potent light with the right frequencies.

I use the Firewave, it is a great light and strong enough, also so small that you can easily travel with it. Josh in Australia produces an even better light with coherent flickering, but it is more expensive and also bigger. If you have the money, I would get that though. But Firewave is affordable for poor people :) :).

You could shine the light directly on your thyroid area about 10 minutes a day, if you hold it close. Further away you need longer.

What is crucial to Thyroid health is to get the sunrise/morning light on your skin. For as long as possible. Jack has written tons about it. I would do 1-2 hours minimum. This would be your first thing to do but maybe you do it already :). And sure be outside as naked as it gets for as much time as you can possibly do, every day.

Ryan Mitovator, yuly and JanSz like this.