1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How to find prescription non-UV blocking glasses?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Eve N Colantoni, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Eve N Colantoni

Eve N Colantoni New Member

I'm new here and my health is quite a mess.

I've just learned of the implications of wearing contact lenses. I have worn mine practically every day for the last 32 years (since I was 12 and I am now 44 yrs old)

Question 1: How do I find glasses without UV-blocking lenses and are there other criteria I should look for in lenses?

Question 2 : I will from time to time need to wear contact lenses, so do you have a recommendation for ones that do not block UV and allow more oxygen to pass through? Are there other criteria too?

Thank you so much :love:

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Talk to your optometrist.

I'd never wear them YMMV

Eve N Colantoni likes this.
  3. Summer

Summer New Member

Just ask when you are buying lenses not to have UV protection on lenses. You will need to go to independent Optometrist so they can customize what you want.
    Dailes total one contacts don't have added UV protection and have high Dk value for oxygen.

Eve N Colantoni likes this.
  4. Eve N Colantoni

Thank you Jack!

5. Eve N Colantoni

Summer, that's awesome! Thanks so much for the tips! Very helpful :) :) :)