1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How to fight COVID-19

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Tfreeman, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

Hi Jack and everyone,

I tuned in late to the Q&A the other day but I will be on today. My girlfriends co-worker that she sits next to is sick with a fever, cough, and aches. He's going to get tested for the virus but could only get an appointment tomorrow at 5:45PM.

What can we do to keep healthy? What are the steps to take if we get the virus? We planned to go down to Florida this weekend but I'm not sure we should now until we get the tests to avoid possibly infecting others.

Any help appreciated!

Martha Ray and JanSz like this.
  2. Stay at home if you are showing symptoms. No telling how many people you could infect if you are positive.

JanSz likes this.
  3. Inger

Inger Silver

What I have understand, Methylene blue, Thiamine and vit C could all help....
    But please research yourself because that is only what I have read.
    Follow Jack on twitter.

https://twitter.com/DrJackKruse

[​IMG]
    Jack Kruse
    @DrJackKruse

·
    5h
    It is another anti-malarial that works on cell membranes. Very similar to Plaquenil and safer.
    Quote Tweet
    [​IMG]
    Bill Lagakos
    @CaloriesProper
    · 5h
    Replying to @MatthiasGalvin and @DrJackKruse
    plenty of lab-grade MB available, but why?

gas12345 and Sajid Mahmood like this.
  4. Inger

Inger Silver

Nicotine gum was another.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

For each but especially for Chloroquine
    what is the protocol of using it? (for corona virus infection)

https://www.rxlist.com/aralen-drug.htm#dosage
    DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION (for malariae)
    The dosage of chloroquine phosphate is often expressed in terms of equivalent chloroquine base.
    Each 500 mg tablet of ARALEN contains the equivalent of 300 mg chloroquine base.
    In infants and children the dosage is preferably calculated by body weight.

Malaria

Suppression — Adult Dose: 500 mg (= 300 mg base) on exactly the same day of each week.

Pediatric Dose: The weekly suppressive dosage is 5 mg calculated as base, per kg of body weight, but should not exceed the adult dose regardless of weight.

If circumstances permit, suppressive therapy should begin two weeks prior to exposure. However, failing this in adults, an initial double (loading) dose of 1 g (= 600 mg base), or in children 10 mg base/kg may be taken in two divided doses, six hours apart. The suppressive therapy should be continued for eight weeks after leaving the endemic area.

For Treatment of Acute Attack
    Adults: An initial dose of 1 g (= 600 mg base) followed by an additional 500 mg (= 300 mg base) after six to eight hours and a single dose of 500 mg (= 300 mg base) on each of two consecutive days. This represents a total dose of 2.5 g chloroquine phosphate or 1.5 g base in three days.

The dosage for adults of low body weight and for infants and children should be determined as follows:

First dose: 10 mg base per kg (but not exceeding a single dose of 600 mg base).

Second dose: (6 hours after first dose) 5 mg base per kg (but not exceeding a single dose of 300 mg base).

Third dose: (24 hours after first dose) 5 mg base per kg.

Fourth dose: (36 hours after first dose) 5 mg base per kg.

For radical cure of vivax and malariae malaria concomitant therapy with an 8-aminoquinoline compound is necessary.

Extraintestinal Amebiasis
    Adults, 1 g (600 mg base) daily for two days, followed by 500 mg (300 mg base) daily for at least two to three weeks. Treatment is usually combined with an effective intestinal amebicide.

Geriatric Use
    See PRECAUTIONS, Geriatric Use.

Johan Lindstrøm likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

home drugs a-z list side effects drug center aralen (chloroquine) drug

Privacy & Trust Info
    Drug Description
    ARALEN®
    (chloroquine phosphate) Tablets for Oral Administration, USP

DESCRIPTION
    ARALEN, chloroquine phosphate, USP, is a 4-aminoquinoline compound for oral administration. It is a white, odorless, bitter tasting, crystalline substance, freely soluble in water.

ARALEN is an antimalarial and amebicidal drug.

Chemically, it is 7-chloro-4-[[4-(diethylamino)-1-methylbutyl]amino] quinoline phosphate (1:2) and has the following structural formula:

[​IMG]
    Each tablet contains 500 mg of chloroquine phosphate USP, equivalent to 300 mg chloroquine base.

Inactive Ingredients: Carnauba Wax, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Polyethylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Pregelatinized Starch, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide.

Indications
    INDICATIONS
    ARALEN is indicated for the suppressive treatment and for acute attacks of malaria due to P. vivax, P.malariae, P. ovale, and susceptible strains of P. falciparum. The drug is also indicated for the treatment of extraintestinal amebiasis.

ARALEN does not prevent relapses in patients with vivax or malariae malaria because it is not effective against exoerythrocytic forms of the parasite, nor will it prevent vivax or malariae infection when administered as a prophylactic. It is highly effective as a suppressive agent in patients with vivax or malariae malaria, in terminating acute attacks, and significantly lengthening the interval between treatment and relapse. In patients with falciparum malaria it abolishes the acute attack and effects complete cure of the infection, unless due to a resistant strain of P. falciparum.

[​IMG]
    QUESTION
    About how much does an adult human brain weigh? See Answer

Dosage
    DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
    The dosage of chloroquine phosphate is often expressed in terms of equivalent chloroquine base. Each 500 mg tablet of ARALEN contains the equivalent of 300 mg chloroquine base. In infants and children the dosage is preferably calculated by body weight.

Malaria
    Suppression — Adult Dose: 500 mg (= 300 mg base) on exactly the same day of each week.

Pediatric Dose: The weekly suppressive dosage is 5 mg calculated as base, per kg of body weight, but should not exceed the adult dose regardless of weight.

If circumstances permit, suppressive therapy should begin two weeks prior to exposure. However, failing this in adults, an initial double (loading) dose of 1 g (= 600 mg base), or in children 10 mg base/kg may be taken in two divided doses, six hours apart. The suppressive therapy should be continued for eight weeks after leaving the endemic area.

For Treatment of Acute Attack
    Adults: An initial dose of 1 g (= 600 mg base) followed by an additional 500 mg (= 300 mg base) after six to eight hours and a single dose of 500 mg (= 300 mg base) on each of two consecutive days. This represents a total dose of 2.5 g chloroquine phosphate or 1.5 g base in three days.

The dosage for adults of low body weight and for infants and children should be determined as follows:

First dose: 10 mg base per kg (but not exceeding a single dose of 600 mg base).

Second dose: (6 hours after first dose) 5 mg base per kg (but not exceeding a single dose of 300 mg base).

Third dose: (24 hours after first dose) 5 mg base per kg.

Fourth dose: (36 hours after first dose) 5 mg base per kg.

For radical cure of vivax and malariae malaria concomitant therapy with an 8-aminoquinoline compound is necessary.

Extraintestinal Amebiasis
    Adults, 1 g (600 mg base) daily for two days, followed by 500 mg (300 mg base) daily for at least two to three weeks. Treatment is usually combined with an effective intestinal amebicide.

Geriatric Use
    See PRECAUTIONS, Geriatric Use.

HOW SUPPLIED
    Tablets containing 500 mg chloroquine phosphate USP, equivalent to 300 mg of chloroquine base, bottles of 25 (NDC 0024-0084-01).

White, film-coated convex, discoid tablet, ½ inch in diameter with an uncoated core, printed in black ink with a stylized “W” on one side and an “A77” on the other side.

Dispense in tight, light-resistant container as defined in the USP/NF.

Store at 25° C (77° F); excursions permitted to 15° - 30° C (59° - 86° F) [see USP Controlled Room Temperature]

Manufactured for: sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC Bridgewater, NJ 08807 A Sanofi Company. Revised March 2013

Side Effects
    SIDE EFFECTS
    Special Senses
    Ocular
    Maculopathy and macular degeneration
    have been reported and may be irreversible (see WARNINGS); irreversible retinal damage in patients receiving long-term or high-dosage 4-aminoquinoline therapy; visual disturbances (blurring of vision and difficulty of focusing or accommodation); nyctalopia; scotomatous vision with field defects of paracentral, pericentral ring types, and typically temporal scotomas, e.g., difficulty in reading with words tending to disappear, seeing half an object, misty vision, and fog before the eyes. Reversible corneal opacities have also been reported.

Auditory
    Nerve type deafness; tinnitus, reduced hearing in patients with preexisting auditory damage.

Musculoskeletal system
    Skeletal muscle myopathy or neuromyopathy leading to progressive weakness and atrophy of proximal muscle groups, which may be associated with mild sensory changes, depression of tendon reflexes and abnormal nerve conduction, have been noted.

Gastrointestinal system
    Hepatitis, increased liver enzymes, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps.

Skin and appendages
    Rare reports of erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, exfoliative dermatitis and similar desquamation-type events. Pleomorphic skin eruptions, skin and mucosal pigmentary changes; lichen planus-like eruptions, pruritus, urticaria, anaphylactic/anaphylactoid reaction including angioedema; drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS syndrome); photosensitivity and hair loss and bleaching of hair pigment.

Hematologic system
    Rarely, pancytopenia, aplastic anemia, reversible agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia and neutropenia.

Nervous system
    Convulsive seizures, mild and transient headache, polyneuritis. Acute extrapyramidal disorders (such as dystonia, dyskinesia, tongue protrusion, torticollis) (see WARNINGS and OVERDOSAGE). Neuropsychiatric changes including psychosis, delirium, anxiety, agitation, insomnia, confusion, hallucinations, personality changes, and depression.

Cardiac system
    Rarely, hypotension, electrocardiographic change (particularly, inversion or depression of the T-wave with widening of the QRS complex), and cardiomyopathy.

Johan Lindstrøm likes this.
  7. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

Thank you, everyone, for the suggestions and information. I'm also sitting under my reptile bulb 20 minutes per day, 4 times a day which is what dr. kruse suggested yesterday during the Q & A. Today I took 200mg of Thiamine, I'll take 1,000mg of vit C, monolaurin, and l-lysine which are anti-virals that I was already on for EBV. It's a UV 6 here today so I will spend most of my time outside.

I was trying to use my SaunaSpace infrared bulb earlier in the week, but for some reason it was bothering me and causing me to feel very low, with muscle aches and pain. I do have an issue with my vagus nerve, vasovagal syncope with parasympathetic excess and sympathetic withdrawal. I'm wondering if the near infrared bulb causes a parasympathetic response that is too much for my nervous system to handle.

8. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes you can overdose easy on IR. It is very individual, so go with how you feel. Less is more :)
    If you are outside all day you get lots of IR - in the very best form - too so you want need a lamp then :)

Tfreeman likes this.
  9. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

So true! Thanks @Inger !

10. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

In Australia, they have been having good results giving patients malaria & HIV tablets or drugs

11. Ariste Reno

Ariste Reno Platinum Member

Any information on how much nicotine gum to chew daily? Usually gum comes on 2 mg and 4mg pieces

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Newest info (from J)
    Chloroquine

When feeling well don't use it.
    When using it, break the 500mg pill and use a little bit over 7 days.

Mortar and pestle
    [​IMG]

13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

For iodine, I would suggest swabbing it on the back of the mouth if you get a sore throat. It's somewhat difficult with the stronger iodines, like lugols, but with the lesser-strength iodines it is easy and extremely effective for sore throat. When I got sick in March, I fought sore throat for a couple days, but the disease did not progress further. Well, except for periodically clearing my throat for a month.

A gentle iodine (in a suspension with glycerin) can also be swabbed in the nose.

Victoria B., JanSz and Alex97232 like this.