1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How to fade scars/stretch marks?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Antonis, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Hello guys, hope you all doing well with optimizing your lifes! Am looking for thoughts how to deal with scars left on face due to teen-age years. Also stretch marks caused by being fat and then losing weight. I heard once about DHEA cream for stretch marks, didn't confirm tho. Now about scars maybe cold?? I would really appreciate it guys..

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Antonis likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

September 10th, 2011 at 4:32 pm at MDA
    @Judy in response to your email about loose skin and stretch marks and how to deal with them. I responded to this in the MDA monster thread around page 83 on my iPad. Here is the response. Some one asked about loose skin post weight loss too……here are my thoughts.
    after my patients lose their weight we use a few things to tighten skin over about 12 months…..high dose Vit K2 and teprenone (Oral and topical), caprylic acid (oral and topical) and high dose dietary palm and coconut oil. It does amazing things to adipocytes and the skin once the weight is gone. CT also helps a ton.

Some people will also add a couple of high dose supplements too….NAC and R-lipoic acid and resveratrol. But this can cause a proton spin issue. This is not for a leptin reset…….this is when you are looking to lose the last twenty pounds after your weight loss.

If there is a lot of cellulite marks I also ask patients to consider high dose super curcumin as well.

Sean Waters, Antonis and drezy like this.
  5. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

I got it sir. I read that. Sorry I just saw an old commentof you saying that you used DHEA cream topically. Just wanted to confirm if there was anything else.
    So I could buy them in supplement form or Could I use from diet. I mean resveratrol, curcumin, vit K2 What about caprylic acid and vitamin K2 topical?

6. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

I read everything about strech marks and scars. I understood everything about your information and thanks. Couldn't one do it without supplements? Because we know how bad the supplements are, especially today. Epi- paleo with lots of sun as much sun as you can would not do the job? What you would do sir @Jack Kruse ?

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You could......but it won't be as effective because the skin collagen is damaged.

Antonis likes this.
  8. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Thank you Jack. I did research on topical Vit K2 and caprylic acid but I didn't find any specific product. What do you mean by saying topical? Sorry...

Kana likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

elastin collagen is the issue.

Antonis likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

on skin in sun = topical use for me.

Antonis likes this.
  11. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Amazing. I just realized. I need to listen the old q&a's. Thanks.

12. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Systemic enzymes taken orally have been touted as an effective remedy for scar tissue removal. They work by dissolving scar tissue through enzymatic action.

They are reputed to dissolve scars both cosmetically (externally) and internally (fibrosis conditions anywhere in body, as in kidneys for example).

I had some skin scars that I tried proteolytic enzyme therapy (fairly high dose- must be taken on empty stomach so that it does not get used up in digesting food). I have done this for several years.

So far, perhaps a slight reduction in scar extent and visibility, but no magical removal powers.

Perhaps this approach would be more effective with freshly made scars that are still amenable to scar tissue remodeling process by body.

Also, where fibrin is involved vs. collagen connective tissue that got scrambled, special fibrolytic enzymes like nattokinase and serrapeptase may be more effective.

Some people use certain, specific essential oils for scar treatment, but not me so far.

Anyway, that is my foot soldier boots on ground experience here.

drezy and Antonis like this.
  13. drezy

drezy New Member

I've had similar lackluster results with proteolytic and "systemic" enzymes starting in the early 90's.

I lacked perspective on what enzymes did at a quantum level. Without the right environment and conditions I think it's like trying to run a car on just fuel line cleaner without any actual fuel.

caroline, Brent Patrick and Antonis like this.
  14. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

True...

15. Russ28

Russ28 New Member

Gotu Kola is supposed to be amazing for this.

16. ElectricUniverse

Gotu Kola and proteolytic enzymes, together with collagen, hyaluronic acid and other interventions might be the ticket to beat scar tissue. But again, time is of the essence to begin treatment as soon as possible after the scarring event to help ensure some success. Once scar tissue remodeling is done by the body I believe it is extremely hard to undo (that is, dissolve scars into normal, flexible tissue).

I think this natural treatment approach would be a real aid in treating Peyronie's Disease in men. PD is a deformity in the penis caused by scar tissue from injuries (it can result in pain during intercourse and abnormal curvature of the member among other things). It is not a trivial disorder because it can cause a lot of suffering in some men, and is probably more widespread than officially reported.

PD sufferers needs effective non-surgical treatments so this brings a bit of hope to the situation.

17. Kana

Kana New Member

Hey as a Japanese I get my k2 from food source called “natto” lot better than supplements. I eat them every night for dinner. They are getting used to... smells bad but like blue cheese. They’re fermented so it’s good for the gut flora too

Antonis likes this.
  18. Novah

Novah Gold

Hey Kana, how do you eat the natto? Plain or mixed with something else? I’ve tried natto multiple times but found the smell and texture so bad I couldn’t stomach it.

19. ElectricUniverse

Natto stinks to high heaven, but apparently it does wonders to reduce wrinkles in women.

Asian women, both in their native countries and those living in USA are known for having fewer wrinkles than white women as they age-- this is attributed to K2 vitamin from natto (but aging skin is multi factorial so don't rule out other lifestyle habits as contributing factors as well-- women who smoked during their lives are noticeably wrinkled as a general rule).

Fair complected women with North European ancestry seem to fare worst in the skin aging game. I think this is because their facial skin is more thin and delicate. So sad.

K2 is available in supplements in case your nose wrinkles at smell of natto (pun intended), including those derived from natural sources instead of synthetic forms.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

There are at least two types of wrinkled skin, specially on face.
    Ugly and pretty.
    I think people with lots of sun shine tend to have the pretty type more often.

Kathy1967, Antonis, caroline and 2 others like this.