1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How to Build Custom Quantlet Protocols

Discussion in 'The Quantlet' started by Brick Fit House, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Brick Fit House

Brick Fit House New Member

Hi everyone-- just got my Quantlet today, and it's in the middle of its prerequisite 4-hour charge. Can't wait to fire it up!

While it's gaining power I've been looking through the app, and I've come across the option to build custom protocols. I was expecting such a thing, and was looking forward to determining how much IR, red, green, blue, and violet light I wanted to put in each of about a half dozen "recipes" I want to test. In addition to this though, it also has pulse rates that you can vary from 1Hz to 100Hz, then "continuous" light after that.

[​IMG]

I've got a pretty firm grasp of the top line and what I generally want, i.e. "what the effect of each type of light is." However, I don't know shit about the pulse rate. Chances are it was explained in one of the videos that I either forgot or neglected to check out in the first place.

Nevertheless, I'm currently buried in PubMed and ncbi, but I think we can all leverage the Wisdom of Crowds while doing our own research simultaneously. None of us can study as much as all of us, you know?

This might take a while, so I wanted to start this thread to cover the more general topic of how to build custom protocols.

So post any info or resources you've found about which colors and frequencies are good for what, and what experiences you've had with your custom "recipes." I think I remember hearing somewhere that there's going to be a way to upload other people's recipes onto your app to use with your Quantlet. Don't quote me though, just hearsay.

Thanks, and let's fire up!

2. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

Tommyboy, Martin, Marbear and 3 others like this.
  3. Brick Fit House

Whoa, the mother lode! Thanks for that link, it's beautiful.

I command-F'd a few terms to see what was there, and while searching for "Hz" to get information that could answer my questions from above the only things I could find were the tidbits that 80Hz pulses have helped speed wound healing in rats in one study and that 10Hz pulse was better than 100Hz and Continuous for healing in another.

Are there any general rules of thumb regarding pulse frequency? Like, "Slower frequency generally has a bigger effect but it takes longer to develop, while faster frequencies generally have a smaller but more immediate effect," something like that? Do we even know of any at this point?

I created a protocol called "Fire Up!" that was just everything continuous at max power. It's awesome (and replaced my coffee this morning), but I suspect that it's identical to the Manual Mode that you can perform without the app.

I'll keep playing around, but let me know if you have any thoughts on the above.

Thanks!

fitness@home likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I just spoke to Rub and we are talking about doing a video or maybe we'll do a live Q & A for my members with a Quantlet.........So we can talk it out and ask your questions........We'll talk about it in Mexico.

5. Brick Fit House

I love it. Thanks for everything.

Yooda man!

6. bionaut

bionaut New Member

7. Joe Gavin

@Yowanas : Hey what settings did you use of BP hack? RED/Hz, IR/Hz?

8. Yowanas

Yowanas New Member

Continuous, full ir, full red
    It does not seem to work everytime.

9. Greg Padovani

Greg Padovani New Member

@Yowanas : What do you mean it doesnt work everytime.

I was looking for a custom protocol to place the device around my shoulder/bicep for help with bicep tear. Was thinking Full IR and Red would be ideal but wasnt sure if continous was best.

Any input folks?

10. Allin

Allin New Member

Muscle activation protocol gives 15 minutes of red light. I have used it on my forehead for three sessions and on my right Achilles Tendon which has some tearing and inflammation.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Danco3636 likes this.
  11. Leza

Leza New Member

I read somewhere about putting the Quantlet on your neck for thyroid. I can't find it again. Can anyone help?

12. Joe Gavin

Try the muscle activation protocol. or the spot treatment

13. Joe Gavin

14. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

did it help?

15. Mikeg

Mikeg New Member

i am trying to build a custom protocol for muscle activitation, longer time. red light, not pulsed. any advice on how to do that?

16. Joe Gavin

the muscle activation protocol is already continuous wave for 15 minutes. just start it over again.

Allin likes this.
  17. Mikeg

Mikeg New Member

have to find flashing blue and connect to blue tooth every 15 minutes. would rather have 30-60 min uninterupted if possible.

18. Joe Gavin

choose 100% Infrared and 100% Red and Cont. in the Edit Custom Protocol.

19. Mikeg

Mikeg New Member

wonder if i should add purple. is that uv? guess it is purple light. maybe does not penetrate like red/infrared.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  20. Just joined as a Gold member - did we ever do a quantlet webinar / q&a?