1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How to Biohack Music

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by lohd2015, May 15, 2016.

1. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

I resolve my dissonance by immersing my being in the frequencies of music. Music all have different intrinsic valuations. You have to find those that resonate with your vibrations at that particular moment.

2. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Tchaikovsky - Symphony No 6 in B minor, Op 74 - Mravinsky

3. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Lying here enjoying a quiet afternoon of Bach....Renaissance (Baroque) style tension/resolution...helps with the breathing (short and elegant suspensions):)

4. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

To me, some piano masterpieces were written in such a way that it is almost impossible to render a 'perfect' performance, due to the extreme demands in execution and interpretation.

One of those pieces is the Brahms d minor piano concerto, op. 15.

It is extremely rare for me to find a performance, which in my opinion, that achieves absolutely perfection, in every way imaginable.

The artist is Argentine pianist Bruno-Leonardo Gelber performing the Brahms Piano Concerto in d minor, Op. 15. with Franz Paul Decker leading the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra. This recording was made in 1966 when Gelber was 25 years old.

I am enjoying this now at 120 decibels. Mind blowing experience.

harmony, Allin and Lahelada like this.
  5. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

World renowned mezzo-soprano, Frederica Von Stade, a Mannes alumna, in this beautiful rendition of Dvorak's Song to the Moon, conducted by Seiji Ozawa

Video edited by George Grama
    DVORAK -Song To The Moon- Rusalka -Lyrics English Español version2 5m03s 720 AVI
    DVORAK - Song To The Moon - Rusalka

English Translation:
    Silver moon upon the deep dark sky,
    Through the vast night pierce your rays.
    This sleeping world you wonder by,
    Smiling on men's homes and ways.
    Oh moon ere past you glide, tell me,
    Tell me, oh where does my loved one bide?
    Tell him, oh tell him, my silver moon,
    Mine are the arms that shall hold him,
    That between waking and sleeping
    Think of the love that enfolds him.
    May between waking and sleeping
    Think of the love that enfolds him.
    Light his path far away, light his path,
    Tell him, oh tell him who does for him stay!
    Human soul, should it dream of me,
    Let my memory wakened be.
    Moon, oh moon, oh do not wane, do not wane,
    Moon, oh moon, do not wane...

Español:

Luna, que con tu luz iluminas todo
    desde las profundidades del cielo
    y vagas por la superficie de la tierra
    bañando con tu mirada el hogar de los hombres.
    ¡Luna, detente un momento
    y dime dónde se encuentra mi amor!
    Dile, luna plateada,
    que es mi brazo quien lo estrecha,
    para que se acuerde de mí
    al menos un instante.
    ¡Búscalo por el vasto mundo
    y dile, dile que lo espero aquí!
    Y si soy yo con quien su alma sueña
    que este pensamiento lo despierte.
    ¡Luna, no te vayas, no te vayas!

Franceza

Chant à la lune
    Ô, lune, de haut rang dans le ciel épais, épais
    Ta lumière voit les régions aux loin
    Tu voyages le monde
    Large, large, regardes les demeures humaines,
    Ô, lune, ne bouges pas un instant,
    Me dis, â, me dis où est mon amant!
    Lui dis, s'il te plaît, lune argenté dans le ciel,
    Que je l'embrasse fermement
    Que il devrait reconnaître, au moins pour un peu,
    Reconnaître ses rêves!
    Illumines son endroit au loi,
    Lui dis, â, lui dis qui y attend!
    S'il me rêve
    Permettes-lui que ce souvenir se réveille!
    Ô, lune, ne disparaît pas, ne disparaît pas!

6. Linz

Linz New Member

Me too. Walking through the airport LED shopping 'tunnel' is the worst. And all the young staff working there....

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This protein symmetry in our bodies promotes randomness of movement of electrons in both systems of energy creation from sunlight or from music. Sunlight and music are both waves that move us in the same way, and in a slightly different way. So today I am going to give you peak inside my own head and show you why all my music is specific to my environmental deficits I allow with choices.

Once the light or sound waves excites the cytoarchitecture of a cell components of the cytoskeleton begin vibrate with complex but measurable harmonics. This affects the water around every part of collagen inside of you. Collagen is the most common protein in humans and it always hydrated unless you are dead. Harmonic transfers are also another non linear aspect of photocatalysis and vibration from sound. These waves are directly related to the electronic susceptiblity of the proteins in our cytoarchitecture. This is why Ingber's paper in 1993 is so crucial today in building wellness now than ever before. Every time a cytoskeleton piece vibrates it moves and those movement are capable of creating another "hole in reality" that a cell uses for life. The hole is made in a biologic semiconductor like collagen. Collagen is an N-type semiconductor as shown by Becker in the 1960's. The P-type semiconductor contains the "hole" and because of the absense of an electron is has arelative positive charge, hence why it is the P-type semiconductor! When the wave form stimulus is music that vibration is called a phonon, and when it is light it is called an exciton like on photosynthesis that control all FOOD webs!!!! Phonons act like waves on the ocean or like music to your cochlea. They travel throughout the matrix of the cells in your cochlea, to every cells nucleus and cytoplasm and then move into the extracellular matrix to deliver both information and energy to all parts of a cell and tissue. The system is high fidelity. This energy in musical waves can then tune or entrain the brain's alpha rhythms when your life choices create shit circadian mismatches because you use modern technology and man made light at night, or you are a neurosurgeon who has to operate at 3AM when you should be sleeping. So what are the bio-physics to this musical retuning of our brain? In our brain the neocortex is on the surface and surrounded by CSF that orders itself in something called the exclusion zone (EZ) of water. It is ordered like polymers of thin sheets in this water. Cells are dominated by vibrations. Physics geeks like me can explain to you the coherence or structural order of life is capable of triggering a coherent electromagnetic field. In physics a coherent field arises because of the spatial variation of the condensation of something called Goldstone bosons. This is why levee one of my Quilt document is title as it is. The field of life is built by circadian day/night pertubations of light and magnetism. This playing field of life is critical to understanding how life works and how music can re-tune your dull sounding guitar life when mismatches act to de-tune you. Detailed mathematical treatment of this system have lead physicists to the conclusion that all biologic systems will exhibit phenomena that is based around non linear (optics), and associated with superconductors (hydrated proteins). These will include the influences of weak magnetic fields (ATPase in your "shit mitochondria" from being on call) by something called Josephson effects. I've talked about Josephson junctions in many earlier blogs at my www.jackkruse.come website. These junctions are on the surface of your brain and are arrays of superconducting magnets separated by a thin film to create a SQUID. A SQUID is an ultrasensitive magnetometer that is capable of detecting the magnetic fields produced in the spaces around proteins. These Josephson junctions are used for information storage and information processing in cells. Every cells in your body produces magnetic field pertubations and we can use the SQUID on our neocortex to fine tune ourselves back to health when we feel like shit. This is why primative cultures bang on the drum all day and why I am listening to Policy of Truth by Depeche Mode as I type this in 432Hz. Bio-physics is amazing when you take the time to understand why nature provides all our cures if we 'd just get out of her way. Our big brain breaks most of her rules. http://educateinspirechange.org/science-technology/heres-convert-music-432-hz/

8. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Absolute Pitch, Estrogen, 432 Hz and ‘Time Dilation’

I have been experiencing this for a while, although it really is rather annoying, I find it intriguing at the same time and wonder if the condition can be biohacked.

To understand why I feel so frustrated, perhaps an explanation on the term Absolute Pitch may help:

Absolute pitch can be generally described as "the ability to recognize pitches without relative references." However, there are different levels of this ability.

1. Absolute hearing of a specific pitch

Many musicians can hear one certain pitch absolutely. This sound is usually a middle C, although it is sometimes middle D or A.

2. Absolute hearing of multiple pitches

This is an expansion of level 1, although the pitches differ from person to person. Sometimes only C is recognized, but in many different octaves. Other people may recognize only middle C and G, or perhaps C, D, G, and A.

3. Absolute hearing of C-major pitches in narrow range

Many people can recognize a small range of C-major piano sounds (the white keys). They may, for example, recognize all the white notes between G and C, predominantly in the middle octave. The upper and lower ranges vary from person to person at this level.

4. Absolute hearing of all C-major pitches

At this level all C-major piano sounds can be recognized-- all the white keys, but not necessarily the black keys.

5. Absolute hearing of all pitches in limited range

At this level all pitches in a certain area can be identified; for example, between low C and high C. The boundary between the pitches which are and are not absolutely recognized is not always distinct.

6. Condition-contingent absolute hearing

In this variant of absolute hearing, listeners from any of the previous levels can apply their ability only when in a good physical and mental state. Consequently, there are people who, in unfavorable conditions, can recognize only one or two absolute sounds, but in good conditions can recognize a larger number.

7. Timbre-contingent absolute hearing

Sometimes, pitches can only be recognized on one type of instrument-- and sometimes only on one specific instrument. Any of the previous levels can appear in different combinations: for example, a person may be able to identify only the sounds of a certain piano in unfavorable conditions, while under good conditions that same person can recognize sounds from any piano or other instrument.

8. Absolute hearing connected with musical production

Many people can internalize a musical piece and hear it especially well in memory. Its beginning, or a precise section of it, can strongly impress a pitch or key-signature sensation upon them. This ability is typically also condition-contingent. Additionally, many people can identify pitches based on the boundary of their singing voice, or by focusing their voice on a specific pitch. The examples in this category, however, all concern a relative sequence of sounds based on an imaginary reference sound. This category does not truly belong to our definition of absolute pitch.

9. Complete absolute hearing

This level supercedes all previous ones. It is the ability to hear, irrespective of conditions, all musical sounds of any instrument as well as the human voice. Compared to this level, the others can described as "incomplete" absolute pitch.

10. Active complete absolute hearing

People with complete absolute hearing can imagine pitch sounds in their mind, and they can recreate those sounds by singing them. We call this "active absolute pitch." We Hear and Play strives for this level of absolute hearing as its principal goal. Most people with this active ability also recognize pitches from any source. Sometimes, however, a person may have this active ability but also have incomplete absolute pitch.

I belong to the last category, with Active absolute hearing albeit incomplete with a slight deficiency in certain woodwind instruments and some percussion instruments. My ability to discern pitches on the piano was so uncanny that it often exasperated those who also have absolute pitch. In ear training classes at the conservatory, the teacher would often play a ‘game’ with us where she depressed a number of piano keys simultaneously and asked the students to identify them. There would always be one note whose overtones overlapped with another note (by design, of course) and as such, made that note impossible to detect. To me, that note, similar to a color, was unique with distinct qualities. The differences between musical ‘shades' were stark and unmistakable. I was always able to pick out each and every note in the tone cluster game, to the chagrin of my classmates.

Lately, I noticed that I am 'off' by almost a whole tone, where the external sound I hear is higher by a whole tone. Meaning: what sounds like a ‘D’ to me, is actually a ‘C’ on the written score. Therefore, it is impossible for me to look at a score and listen to the music without the need to mentally transpose it and people with absolute pitch usually hate transpositions.

Sometimes, when I really focus, I can sort of ‘drag’ the notes down a whole tone, but it’s a very unstable process, like trying to tune into a long distance radio broadcast that keeps fading in and out.

I believe this phenomenon started about ten years ago. The pitch difference was very minor, about a quarter-tone to a semi-tone and I attributed the difference to the conversion processes for internet uploads. Now the divergence is so great and persistent, that it can no longer be ignored.

I have the following thoughts, but without appropriate scientific validation, these thoughts are but an incomplete collection of puzzle pieces:

1. Estrogen: there has been research showing absolute pitch is affected by estrogen fluctuations at menstrual cycles in women. Since I am postmenopausal, could that be a major contributing factor? Does increased exposure to sunlight augment the effect not withstanding my attempts to increase estrogen production in the retina and brain?

https://books.google.ca/books?id=6U...onepage&q=low estrogen absolute pitch&f=false

2. In this article, http://educateinspirechange.org/science-technology/heres-convert-music-432-hz/
    the author mentioned the possibility of an inner ear that is tuned to A=432 Hz. If that is true, then what is understood to be Absolute pitch is nothing but extremely accurate Relative pitch with total recall abilities, as modern music is tuned to A=440 Hz. The fact that I haven't touched a keyboard for over 16 years could mean that I have 'forgotten' the tonal conditioning of A=440 Hz, and my hearing has reverted to its natural state. However, at A=432 Hz, the pitch difference is only a semi-tone. So, what else can be going on? Could it be possible that there can actually be variations in an individual's internal tonal template?

3. Would the % heteroplasmy affect this inner ear template since these changes in our mitochondria inevitably cause time shifts?

I am thinking seriously about playing again, as it would definitely be a great way to biohack this phenomenon. However, I have to wait for the implementation. In the meantime, I wonder if the Quantlet will be able to make a difference.....

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Jason Lauritzen I've played guitar for years, but music theory has never been my strong suit, so feel free to pick this apart (looking you to, Jack and you too, Paul). It seems like most articles and discussions on this topic lean on two sources for better, more harmonious tuning: the Schumann Resonance and the Fibonacci sequence. Some reference points: the Schumann Resonance is 7.83 Hz and the Fibonacci sequence goes 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, etc. A lot of articles incorrectly state that the Schumann Resonance is 8 Hz and if you divide 440 Hz by 8, you get 55, whereas if you divide 432 HZ by 8, you get 54. However, if you correct the Schumann Resonance to 7.83 HZ and do those same divisions again you get 56.19 for 440 Hz and 55.17 for 432 Hz. This then make sense as to why 432 Hz should sound warmer and just more natural overall than 440 Hz as 432 Hz is only 0.17 off from the 55 expressed in the Fibonacci sequence. In fact, I play my guitar at 432 Hz and dropped down an additional half step (E flat) and not only does it have a warmer sound, the harmonics are much richer. However, if you look at the number I just shared above, even at 432 Hz, we're still not hitting 55 as it's off by 0.17. If you do 7.83 x 55, you get 430.65 Hz, making me think that may be even better than 432 Hz. My chromatic tuner only does whole numbers, so you could only do 430 Hz. However, there might be a free app that can do 430.65 Hz, which would be an interesting experiment to see if that sounds even better than 432 Hz

10. prime1

prime1 New Member

careful what you watch or listen to - just google US6506148 - B2

Computer monitors and TV monitors can be made to emit weak low-frequency electromagnetic fields merely by pulsing the intensity of displayed images. Experiments have shown that the ½ Hz sensory resonance can be excited in this manner in a subject near the monitor. The 2.4 Hz sensory resonance can also be excited in this fashion. Hence, a TV monitor or computer monitor can be used to manipulate the nervous system of nearby people.

https://tabublog.com/2016/02/07/u-s...to-your-nervous-system-via-plasmalcd-screens/

11. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I think the Schumann resonance is closer to 7.83 at dawn and dusk .... An outside bath at first light seems far more of a meditative experience than a couple of hours later, even if the clouds are covering the sky. The natural orchestra of the wind seems to be playing in a different "sound box", and although the quantum yield of light is low at that time, it is increasing, and perhaps during this time when my thalamus is free running, I am sampling the 7.83 environment beyond the normal senses.

I was rereading a book yesterday which had a section on acoustics at an ancient site in Ireland (Newgrange). In a summary of tests there, at Loughcrew in Ireland and 3 sites in England. "Although many shapes and sizes of cavity were presented, the resonant frequencies of all of them lay in the range between 95 and 120Hz. "
    The geometry making the walls frozen music for the human voice to play? The frequency makes me think of mitochondria.

harmony likes this.
  12. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

How to have incredibly exquisite “Frissons” aka “Skin Orgasms” with your favorite music

Very simple actually, wear the Quantlet while listening to your favorite pieces. This assumes of course, that you are the type who gets frissons when listening to music to begin with.

For more info on Frissons or 'Skin orgasms':

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...-causes-chills-180959481/#gBM2jMVKqb4CtI1X.99
    http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00790/full
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110112111117.htm
    https://academic.oup.com/scan/article/11/6/884/2223400/Brain-connectivity-reflects-human-aesthetic

I’ll talk a bit about my own experience, just in case you are wondering…

I have always been able to get these frissons, or aesthetic chills, when listening to music, classical in particular, starting when I was about five years old when I first heard the Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1 on vinyl on a small portable record player. I loved the feeling so much that I would keep playing the disc over and over again.

Then as I grew older...or much older, I didn’t get these reactions as often, and I attributed the phenomenon to the difference between digital vs. analog sound effects. (Now, that is NOT to say I won’t be absolutely BLOWN AWAY if I strapped on the Quantlet and put on a vinyl recording….that will be a future hack at some point).

What is particularly fascinating about Frissons is that it has been coined “Skin Orgasm”:

It is this issue of cultural association that has disqualified the oft-referenced, but rarely used term, “skin orgasm,” despite its uniquely accurate description of the spectrum of musically induced emotional phenomena (Panksepp, 1995). The term implies a pleasurable sensation that is paradoxically both universal and variable. It affects different parts of the body depending on the person and circumstances of induction, and retains similar sensory, evaluative, and affective biological and psychological components to sexual orgasm (Mah and Binik, 2001). Furthermore, transcendent, psychophysiological moments of musical experience have been shown to incorporate the same neural reward pathways as such visceral pleasures as food and sex (Blood and Zatorre, 2001). However, the term has not gained scholarly traction, presumably because of its complicated associations with sexual conventions, which differ drastically between cultures, regions, and people. As theoretically accurate as “skin orgasm” may be, it seems unlikely that most potential participants (primarily college students) in studies on the phenomenon would be able to disassociate themselves sufficiently from their individual relationships with sexual orgasm to subvert their own biases.

I would love to hear from anyone else who has had these ‘skin orgasms’. I really think that the term is quite accurate because I recall having had sexual orgasms that were so intense that the skin on my entire body would be flooded by waves of chills and tingles to the point that sometimes my fingertips would go completely numb.

So, back to the Quantlet….

Due to a recent serious injury, I have been using the Quantlet at least three times a day. And because my movements are severely restricted, I am always in bed when using Quantlet. When I turned on the music for the first time while using the Quantlet, I was pleasantly surprised to feel some chills in areas near where the Quantlet was used. I experimented with different pieces of classical music, and to my surprise, the sensitivity to the music was SO heightened that it completely floored me. Then the experience just kept getting better. The areas where I feel the sensations kept expanding. Today, I could feel it along the entire side of the body where the Quantlet was used. And the duration of the chills were incredibly long. This morning, I had frissons during 90% of the entire Rach 3 (42 mins. for Argerich)

Now that’s one exquisite benefit of the Quantlet that no one has mentioned before. Someone else please hack this? I’m thinking even if you’ve never experienced a Frisson before, wearing the Quantlet while listening to music might open doors you never knew existed…..

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

very, very cool Doris ..........I am so sorry that we didn't get a quantlet.

14. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Never too late Caroline.....you never know!

caroline likes this.
  15. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Today, I was listening to my favorite Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 4 expecting a similar, if not more intense experience.

It became clear that the amount and intensity of the Frissons experienced is proportional to the amount of ‘charge’ utilized and retained cumulatively over the previous 4 to 8 hours. Yesterday, I had an extra session in the middle of the night before my morning sessions, and hence the ultra-long bliss during the entire Rach 3.

Without that extra session during the night, I was not able to achieve the same level of intensity and reactions during the Tchaikovsky, however, I did feel some sensations spread to the other side of the body, albeit only a very small area was affected.

But then something rather peculiar happened.

As I started to ‘transpose’ the piece one whole tone higher, as I normally would when listening to music these days, due to the condition of my pitch sense (see earlier post on Absolute Pitch), it hit me that I was hearing the piece in F minor…..I said to myself, wait ONE SECOND, this piece IS IN F minor!!!! I was literally stunned. I listened again. No mistake. I was hearing the piece in the key it was written. I couldn’t believe it. I dug up the score online and I didn’t have to transpose it. ****ing UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

OK Jack. You and Ruben have definitely got confirmation from me, that the Quantlet does speed up the SCN. For me, it’s one WHOLE TONE faster. It’s been at least 12 years….so the Quantlet turned back the clock 12 years for me. Unfortunately, the effect does not last that long. As soon as I’m off the Quantlet, I started to lose it. About ¼ tone within one hour. But I am hopeful……..

This is truly amazing. I had secretly hoped that something like this could happen….But so fast is beyond my wildest dreams…..

Now my injury makes perfect sense.

There is God.

God is Light.

16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Awesome, Lohd! Doris. :)

17. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

That's what I thought when it happened.... It seems that I am only losing about 1/4 tone even by the end of the day, about 6 hours since my last use of the Quantlet. Miracles do happen when you know where to look.....:)

caroline likes this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

It seems to me that miracles are happening everywhere.....

19. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

:love::thumbsup:
    It's so cool when you can see it and embrace it.

caroline likes this.
  20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator