1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How to access your doctor's knowledge of methylation:

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Jack Kruse, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Hope to have an appt scheduled with Dr Tim shortly thereafter.

Fitness, do you mind to mention how much is the consultation with Dr. Tim? Thank you.

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I believe the initial consult is $250 and follow ups are $150. He like you to have the GI Effect test done first because it helps with the bigger picture.

3. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Fitness has it right.. I had my first consult yesterday...very helpful and informative. I'm going to have to go back to focussing on my gut again for awhile. Seacure and oxbile for me. Then on through the methylation cycle ...cleaning up each area as we go. It's really interesting and I think I will finally get to the bottom of my incredibly undermining issues with histamine. I'm very pleased with how Tim and Dr. Kruse's work goes together. The methylation issue kind of shoots you into a maze that needs some particular guidance and then you can come out and join the rest of the crowd heading towards optimal.

The GI test is key and the snps.

CjHedberg likes this.
  4. SeaJane

SeaJane Gold

So am I correct in all that you need to consult with Dr. Tim is your 23andme snps and a GI effects test? Does he require anything else? Does he want to see other labs or health history? I am pretty sure it would be useful for me to get input on this piece of my puzzle. Thanks.

5. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

SeaJane,

I am going to include scanned copies of all my labs from the last six months (have plenty!), a family history of both my maternal and paternal side, current meds & supplements, medical history, and Sterling's review of my 23andme SNPs. Much of this information was used in my educational consult with Jack last August, so it is already scanned. I have also considered sending Tim a recording of that consult.

From my point of view, he should have as much background info as I can provide.

6. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

The more you have the better it is...I sent him a lot of other labs too...but I think the big ones he looks at are the GI and snps.

7. SeaJane

SeaJane Gold

Thanks Fitness and SeaHorse. How did you pull the snps from 23andme for him?

8. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

You can download your raw data from the 23andme and run it through geneticgenie. It produces a report of the methylation and detox mutations. I also had Sterling Hill review my 23andme because she is so darn good at it!

9. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I got the link to a Spectracell webinar on methylation defects from somebody here on this thread...WOW...it was really excellent. I'm going to get an email with a link to the recording so I hope I can post it here tomorrow. Since it was free, I don't think that will be a problem. It was done by Dr. Bridget Briggs (I think that's right) had lots of slides and visuals and really helped me start to get a handle on this methylation stuff.

SeaJane...the links are in some of the earlier posts "geneticgenie.com" is one and there are some others through Sterling Hill's support group website..also you can just google..."how do I read my methylation snps from 23 and me."..or something like that. It's kind of complicated process, but it's also kind of fun to get these little facts about yourself handed to you....and they can make a huge difference in understanding your health recovery.

Opps sorry I must have been writing while you posted fitness.[​IMG]

10. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I just listened to the SpectraCell webinar MTHFR that was referenced earlier in this thread. It was very good. Finally, an explanation of why I do not metabolize estrogen the way I should (and I could understand it). The presentation was very well done and covered a lot of material.

This webinar will be posted on the SpectraCell site soon. Just look for the 2013 webinars.

(Seahorse, we have got to stop posting at the same time!)

11. Martin

Martin Gold

Very cool to have these smart guys with you. How long is Dr Jackson's first consult? The second?

12. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

His consults are an hour long...you can email quick questions to him as well after he starts working with you.

13. Martin

Martin Gold

Thanks SeaHorse.

My new Mac would not play the Spectricell vid despite loading all kinds of WMV conversion software. Got to get to be able to do this sort of stuff better.

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

martin
    have you tried flip 4 mac?? it worked on mine....

15. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

The spectracell presentation was good. I learned a lot. I really liked the case studies the Dr. presented. She practices and hour North of where I live, accepts my insurance, and I'm wondering if it might be worth taking my daughter to her. Hmmm... Maybe I'll call her office Monday to see if she works with kids. It has been so hard finding someone good locally for my kids to see.
    You know... I think I might be starting to understand from all this why I get a rapid pulse, anxiety, and HIGH body temp in the morning for about 3-4 days before my period. I'm thinking Estrogen dominance rears it's ugly head as natural progesterone production drops off and I'm only left with what my BHRT gives me (testing again soon so I'll see how the BHRT is doing... my guess is that my ratio is still bad). That estrogen excess leads to more excitatory neurotransmitters (by further reducing MAO activity which I probably already have reduced by SNP) - hence the pulse and anxiety (and let me tell you how much of a disaster it is if I drink a cup of coffee in this state). I'm probably still magnesium deficient, probably not doing a good job of converting B6 to P5P (if i understand what's going on with my SNPS) so that's not clearing estrogen... or I'm just B6 deficient, probably not doing a great job of getting the estrogen cleared out via liver so some of that is probably recycling into my body, and all these extra fat cells I have are probably adding insult to injury by making extra estrogen. Hmm. I hope I'm actually starting to get this and am not just making up crazy theories [​IMG]

16. Martin

Martin Gold

Hi Shijin, yes, I think I did. But I think I have a little trouble following the download sequence. I went to the Spect site, did the downloads for Mac, think I followed the instructions, but no go. It's a brand-new MacBook Pro, so it should do this. I'll try again.

RiverNeighbor has inspired me to take a look at this presentation. I want to know as much as she knows!

17. Martin

Martin Gold

(click, click, drag, drop.......) Yaaaaaaaayyyyyy! Thanks for the inspiration!

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Glad it worked. I'm still trying to figure this all out. B/c it looks like I might have an issue but I'm not sure what it means
    Reading up on some of this I discovered delayed speech can be the result of a methylation issue. So I'm thinking we need to consider testing Havoc

19. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

I can say looking into this has really helped with some of the things my kids had going on. We thought my son was just quiet - he talked but wasn't interested in just chatting. And he was getting stuck on food. He would pick one or two things and just totally lose it if I tried to feed him something else. Daughter was having a hard time with mood and tantrums and she just couldn't rest. Both would get hyperactive in an inappropriate way at times. I started using the neuroimmune stabilizer cream from Neurobiologix (a cream just seemed like such an easy way to get the vitamins into them and this is the only one I'm familiar with) on them the week before Christmas and we have seen massive changes. My son has become a chatterbox, is trying new foods (no octopus or MHS yet though, LOL), doesn't get into the hyperactive/"over-tired" mode. Daughter has stopped having multiple tantrums a day, is able to relax/rest and even take a nap, doesn't struggle for hour(s) to get to sleep at night, and she's been a social butterfly at the playground when she used to not really want to interact a lot with other kids.
    We don't have any genetic info on them right now, but we're going to send their 23andme kits in today probably. I don't know if we'll consult with any of the Dr.s out there specializing in this though.

20. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Sorry this is kind of late...meant to post it earlier this week. There is a teleseminar tonight:

The Work of Dr. Amy Yasko Teleseminars

Tuesdays at 5:00pm PST, 6:00pm MST, 7:00pm CST and 8:00pm EST

The dial in number is 805-399-1000

The participant access code is 380752

Welcome everyone! My name is Tricia Stenzel and I will be moderating this series of teleconferences on "The Work of Dr. Amy Yasko". These teleconferences will be happening every Tuesday evening, 5:00pm PST, 6:00pm MST, 7:00pm CST and 8:00pm EST starting January 22, 2013.

As some of you know I used to be an Officer/Patient Advocate with a Lyme Disease Organization. I have had numerous people come to me about why they are not getting well from their various health issues. I wanted to help these people, and I also wanted to recruit the best Doctors in my opinion to help us understand what is going on with our bodies and explain things to us so that we can better heal. I am honored that Dr. Amy Yasko has asked Dr. Nancy Mullan and Mrs. Erin Griffin to help us with this. I would like to thank Dr. Yasko for her brilliant work and for asking us to present these teleconferences.

The topic for January 22, 2013 is

Your Single Most Important Biochemical Process: Methylation

Your body has a "traffic light" for its biochemical pathways. Dr. Nancy Mullan, with Mrs. Erin Griffin, discuss how it can work well, what can go wrong and what that means for you.

You can listen to the call and see the slides that Dr. Mullan will be explaining by logging on to

https://www.freeconferencing.com/meetings/437-519-566

Enter your email address and name to log in.

This one's for YOU!

We want your input. We would like you to tell us what you want to know. We want to know if you need something repeated. You can send your questions to patriciastenzel@gmail.com Your questions can be about anything. They do not have to be about the particular week's conference subject. The teleconference will last approximately one hour. There will be approximately one half hour of lecture and then I will have the opportunity to ask Dr. Mullan and Mrs. Griffin your questions. We will be adjusting what we are doing as we go along to make this teleconference the most satisfying experience for you. I urge all of you to listen to this important information.

The conference call in number is (805) 399-1000.

The participant access code is 380752

This is a US toll based phone number and depending on your long distance provider you may be charged for this call. You may have unlimited long distance. If you do not, long distance charges will apply.

All teleconferences will be recorded.

Call 805-399-1099 to hear a replay of the teleconference

This and other pertinent information will be posted on Dr. Mullan's Facebook page, my Facebook page and Dr. Yasko's Facebook page.

I will also be posting the following week's topic for discussion.

Mrs. Erin Griffin is the married mother of two sons recovering from Autism Spectrum Disorder. She has been the moderator of Dr. Yasko's CH3 Nutrigenomics Parent Discussion Forum since 2005. She is the go-to person for getting it right when doing Dr. Yasko's program. She is a tireless advocate for patients and is the leader and most prominent of the Cyber Moms, a group of knowledgeable, beautiful, generous, loving women who spend hours each day helping other mothers recover their children.

Author, Lecturer, Clinician, Nancy Mullan, MD, recovers patients using the methods of Dr. Amy Yasko. Educated at the University of Pennsylvania, Tufts University School of Medicine and the University of Chicago Hospitals, Dr. Mullan is best known for her genetics based clinical therapeutics. She has written a number of ground breaking papers with Dr. Yasko that can be found under Resources on her web site, www.NancyMullanMD.com . Their most recent paper, Aluminium Toxicity in Mitochondrial Disorders in Autism Spectrum Disorder is posted on their respective Facebook pages.

I am honored to be the moderator of this series of teleconferences and urge all of you to please submit questions or topics that you would like discussed to either myself at patriciastenzel@gmail.com or Dr. Nancy Mullan at nancymullanmd@aol.com because we want your input on what you would like to hear Dr. Mullan discuss. We are looking forward to a big turnout! You will not regret the time you spend with us!

Sincerely,

Tricia Stenzel