1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How similar is the pathology of COVID-19 to other CoronaViruses?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Tfreeman, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

2. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

3. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

Monolaurin - Lauric acid - Coconut Oil
    Monolaurin is a metabolite of lauric acid, a compound found in coconut oil. Monolaurin displays powerful antiviral activity against multiple lipid enveloped viruses.

There is no evidence to date that consuming coconut oil can prevent or treat coronavirus infections in people.

Researchers have proposed a clinical trial using virgin coconut oil, monolaurin, and/or monocaprin (800 mg daily) in patients with COVID-19. This proposal has been published on the Integrated Chemists of the Philippines website.

https://www.rohtos.com/blogs/news/novel-coronavirus-covid-19

@Jack Kruse

ElectricUniverse likes this.
  4. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

^ There are a ton of references in this last article on rohtos.

5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

http://pennstatehershey.adam.com/content.aspx?productid=107&pid=33&gid=000333 Thiamine B1

"Like other B-complex vitamins, thiamine is sometimes called an "anti-stress" vitamin because it may strengthen the immune system and improve the body's ability to withstand stressful conditions"

Not suggesting corona virus is beri beri, but there are references to ATP, shortness of breath, fluid on the lungs.... If prescription meds are thiamine depleters, is the stress of a virulent virus able to act more aggressively in the already vulnerable when they become infected?

Victoria B. and Tfreeman like this.
  6. Inger

Inger Silver

Tfreeman and ElectricUniverse like this.
  7. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

We should not be surprised if coconut compounds (lauric acid, monolaurin) would work for COVID-19-- for years people have used it to fight lipid-enveloped herpes viruses like EBV. It is not a cure but can help beat down infections to give struggling patients a fighting chance. Same with IV C and oral C.

Tfreeman likes this.
  8. ElectricUniverse

That is a sobering thought-- this beast of a microbe may be shape-shifting (mutating) right before our very lives. Good luck with a vaccine if that is the case.

I hope science can tell us soon why children < 19 yrs and many people have a mild form of COVID-19 disease, and others are stricken with a more virulent form.

Young adults (like millennial generation) are not getting off scott free in this pandemic like they arrogantly assumed until now-- I too am reading more reports of this cohort getting very sick and dying of COVID-19. So much for their COVID-19 "boomer remover, i.e. old people killer" assumptions.

Many researchers are working on increasing our understanding of how this virus works.

Lockdowns and isolation are the main tools we have now to buy us valuable time for the scientific evidence to come in. With that knowledge in hand we can help people that are getting hit hard today with damaged lungs and even lost lives-- they will fare much, much better when that happens. Chloroquine appears to be an early champion in this effort.

9. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

Jack did make a point yesterday during the Q & A that any mutations of the virus would be less virulent. If the virus is already mutating, this could be a reason why there are so many variations in illness. Again, that would be extremely unfortunate for the creation of a vaccine. Similar to why many get the flu even with the flu vaccine in them each year.

10. ElectricUniverse

It will be an absolutely fascinating journey of discovery when science unravels the mysteries of this bug. So many things not known for sure at this point.

I have been wondering if those who recover from COVID-19 disease have temporary, or long-lasting immunity to it. With multiple strains out there, is each different serotype a new experience for human immune systems, or is there some transferable immunity?

As I have said before, this virus is not what it seems to be (i.e. just an unfortunate epidemic).

I think it is a world shaker sent by design by the Designer/Creator in charge.

Tfreeman likes this.
  11. Inger

Inger Silver

German virologes say that if you had it, you are immune.
    Maybe not forever, but at least for a year or couple years.

Alex97232 and Tfreeman like this.
  12. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

I'm wondering if you've been exposed, but do not show symptoms, are you immune? I guess one can't determine if the exposure meant acquiring the virus.

13. ElectricUniverse

A very good question. No symptoms doesn't mean you are immune-- it merely means you're infected (and contagious) without symptoms.

There are apparently many infected people with few/no symptoms that are unwittingly spreading the disease far and wide to unsuspecting people they are in contact with. That's how epidemics get into high gear.

We hear news stories of people who have been exposed to known COVID-19 patients voluntarily self-isolating to avoid possibility they are contagious and could spread it to yet more people.

kim johnson likes this.