1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How much coconut oil is considered too much?

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by usmile777, Apr 2, 2012.

1. usmile777

usmile777 New Member

I am doing Leptin Reset RX since day 1 of P3, now is day 8.

I am having 2 tablespoons of cocoa crack with every meal plus all the cooking with CO, total 6-8 table spoons per day. Is it too much? 30% of my daily calories come from CO. Just want to make sure I don't overdo it.

Thank you!

Marilynn Stebbins likes this.
  2. usmile777

usmile777 New Member

I already found my answer, if anybody else is interested - 8 table spoons max. :)

Marilynn Stebbins likes this.
  3. usmile777

usmile777 New Member

August -I am confused about CO and HCG as well. Currently I am not on HCG, just finished my 500 cal phase 10 days ago. I am hoping that CO is OK for LR to do actual stabilization.

Not sure if this thread belongs under HCG sub-forum.

4. usmile777

usmile777 New Member

It's already under HCG section

5. ASHO

ASHO New Member

Where did you find this information of 8 table spoons max?

Thank you.

6. quelsen

quelsen New Member

too much CO is when you cramp and pass out. ( as I have done)

Too much CO is when you begin to gain weight in a ketogenic situation all other macro-nutrients being strictly controlled.

In short there is no such value as too much unless you meet the first statement.

7. Continuum Fitness

Continuum Fitness New Member

I do not know what your total caloric count is but if you are keeping it low, you are getting way more then 30%

1 tablespoon is approx 126 calories x 8 is 1008 calories of CO ( 8 tablespoons is 112 grams of fat x 9 calories ). So unless you are eating 3000 plus calories a day, you are getting a much higher percentage of fat in your diet.

8. usmile777

usmile777 New Member

Quelsen - interesting theory about CO. :)

Continuum Fitness - what is the formula - Fat-Protein-Carbs? I know I have to keep under 50g of carbs per day. Is it pretty much 70% from protein and 30% from fat during Leptin Reset Rx? My calorie consumption is around 1700 a day.

Thank you for your help!

9. Continuum Fitness

I personally try to keep a 50% fat, 40% protein, 10% carb. Now I am not resetting but even when I did I kept in this range.

so based off your 1700 calories

850 calories of fat or 94 grams

680 calories of protein or 170 grams

170 calories of carbs or 42.5 grams

using your numbers of 70% protein 1700x 70% = 1190 calories or 297.5 grams of protein

1700 x 30% of fat is 510 calories or 56 grams of fat. So if you are eating 8 table spoons of CO, well see my numbers above. your calculations are way off. you are getting 60% of your fat from CO or 1008 calories/1700 plus the amount of fat mixed in with your animal protein.

10. usmile777

usmile777 New Member

Continuum Fitness - thank you for sharing what you do.

I am figuring things out, still having hunger issues after being on 500 cal/day for 28 days, and it seems like fat is really helping me to keep my hunger under control.

Would you adjust the ration of 50% fat, 40% protein, 10% carb if your client was a woman? Appreciate your help.

11. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

You only do 50% fat? I never let my fat go that low. I keep it about 65-70%. It's helped keep me very stable after a 75 pounds loss on hcg.

12. usmile777

usmile777 New Member

Hi Colleen

what are your main sources of fat? I know you don't count your calories, how do you know when you get 65-70% of fat? I am worried about eating too much CO, mostly via cocoa crack. I feel like I can do 8 table spoons a day easily ..

13. quelsen

quelsen New Member

I assume i dont understand the question.

why this focus on quantity of coconut oil? what do you fear?

14. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I've put my stuff into fitday every now and then to see where it falls. It's always about the same. I have heavy whipping cream in my coffee (probably 6 T a day) real butter on my vegetables, fat in meats, eggs, avocados, coconut oil, etc. It adds up pretty fast. I don't eat much cocoa crack. I like it fine but I don't like getting into the habit of eating it and feeding the sweet taste monster. :) I had some today and it was the first time I've had it in about 3 months.

15. Continuum Fitness

Do what you are comfortable with and what gives you satiety. My concern is after only eating 500 cal for 28 days, you lost both muscle and fat. What I really wanted you to see was that you were consuming more than 30% of your calories from fat. It seemed you had a misconception of the amount of fat you were consuming.

16. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I keep my protein up too but there is plenty of fat in protein. I eat fatty fish like salmon a lot. And beef. If her dose was right on hcg, she didn't lose muscle. Have you ever done hcg? it's amazing how it works. It's the only diet that actually takes the fat from where you need to lose it. Awesome!

17. usmile777

usmile777 New Member

Colleen, I think my dose was Ok, I did Corian.

I am still "recovering" after P2, dealing with hunger, something like cocoa crack really helps my brain to feel better, that's why I am trying to figure out what is my limit and how much of CO is considered too much.

18. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I don't think any amount is considered too much. If you get diarrhea then you back off. Other than that, go for it! :) Fats are your friend.

19. cljcj04@gmail.com

cljcj04@gmail.com New Member

I started LR right after 500 cal. I worked up in cals and fat as not to get sick. on day 4=6 I had severe diarrhea. I stopped the CO for one day and lowere fat and now I am gaining weight. I cook in butter and take at lease 3 Tb of CO a day. I am not eating any fruit and I follow Dr. K's rules (eat w/i hour out of bed then space meals 5-6 hrs. apart with no snacking, max 3 meals day, nothing after 7) I am afraid of fat and gaining my weight back. I am allergic to milk, so I need butter or CO. I am confused. I have lost 125 lbs. on HCG over 1 1/2 yrs. can you give me some kind of daily menu example? This reset totally makes sense physiologically but I fear gaining my weight back.

20. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Are you eating eggs, dragonlady? That's OFTEN the cause. Eggs are inflammatory.