1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How moonlight affects the circadian rhythms

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Summer Day, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Summer Day

Summer Day New Member

I read an article many years ago that said the lunar cycle is good for women's circadian rhythms, so it is better to expose yourself to the various intensities of moonlight in the lunar cycle. I have been doing this for years, albeit through glass in the colder months. We live far away from towns, so the artificial city lights are not a factor. Am I still getting the good effects through glass, or would it be better to pull the light-blocking curtains at night?

I assume that in the summer when we keep the windows open, it would have the same benefit as it does to plants and animals sleeping outside. Is this correct?

Hilde likes this.
  2. I live in a small town that is home to 1 of 2 provincial mental hospitals. It is a well know fact the the patients of said hospital act up and are "more" crazy when the moon is full ...therefore lunatics!!

I spent a couple of months in the Marshall Islands a few years back, they are in the middle of the Pacific at 7 degrees North. Not much electricity and no nnEMFs. When it was full moon, nobody slept. They all just walked around or hunted shells all night.

I always thought it was from the gravitational pull of the moon but I heard Jack comment on a blog or webinar that it is from excessive blue light in the sun's reflection off of the moon. If I remember that accurately I would avoid getting very much moonlight.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  3. Summer Day

Summer Day New Member

Interesting. . . thanks Duane. I wonder why it doesn't affect plants and animals in the same way?

4. Who is to say it doesn't.

5. Summer Day

Summer Day New Member

You have a great point there. Just because I haven't heard of it yet doesn't mean it doesn't happen! :)

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Dunning Kruger 101.

7. Hilde

Hilde New Member

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The QT 14 blog on my Patreon site should be carefully read if you want to know why the moon affects you - sun hits eye/eye has time crystal made up of methionine/tryptophan-methionine is the start codon for a protein i.e. every time you get an EM wave *of any kind* you are going to get a message to make a protein... to slow down that ammonia fest (where BH4 is used up to quell) you need to have a slow wave hitting it - think morning AM sun in the IR spectrum - how does this cause a lack of dopamine? BH4 is a huge cofactor in making neurotransmitters - how does it cause dehydration?

Every peptide bond requires 5 ATP - this means you are literally speeding up aging and blowing through your telomeres by making proteins too fast - and while we're at it, you change the maternal germline too - absolutely incredible information I gave you on this Patreon blog-

Do you have the COMT SNP? When you get enough sun, the SNP does not matter a bit - How is light shaping your life today? http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1099800407303337

Now get interested whether light plays a role in the onset of menopause....

"Researchers have found evidence of the effects of season on the activity of the pituitary–ovarian axis and the pineal gland. Kauppila, Kivela, Pakarinen, and Vakkuri (1987) reported an inverse seasonal relationship between melatonin and estradiol secretion observed in 32 Finnish women. The dark season (i.e., winter) was characterized by prolonged and increased melatonin secretion and decreased ovarian and androgenic activities. To further evaluate this association, Kivela, Kauppila, Ylostalo, Vakkuri, and Leppaluoto (1988) measured daytime and nighttime concentrations of serum melatonin, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), LH, and prolactin by radioimmunoassay on various days of the menstrual cycle during summer (average daylight 22 hr) and winter (average daylight 5 hr) in healthy women (N = 12) from northern Finland. Kivela and colleagues suggest that in winter, the high levels of melatonin in the follicular phase have an inhibitory effect on the serum LH levels. In summer, the melatonin levels are lower and perhaps less inhibitory on the secretion of LH."

So in Winter, we shouldn't be copulating? Or rather, nature doesn't accommodate it so readily?

Food gurus and supplement makers and infertility docs will sell you drugs.......
    Nope, it's saying darkness (LACK OF ALAN) helped infertile women to conceive. So fascinating, the effect of light on women.

The MD infertility guru will say: "The COMT enzyme controls the offload of both estrogen and the balance of your neurotransmitters. In the luteal phase, you have high hormone surges and this enzyme is stressed. If you have an SNP in the enzyme more issues can be possible if your circadian rhythms are off. Remember menses are controlled by the central nervous system Supra Chiasmatic Nucleus - it tells the ovaries what to do. Keep the cycle in sync - watch the diet- know your COMT- and the mood menses balance will follow."

Uncle Jack will chuckle at such nonsense.
    The QT series talked about how methionine links to methylation patterns. It amazes me how people do not connect the words of the Patreon blogs to the ideas on social media.

It has to stop and I think it is time I keep pointing out these errors so those who have skin in the game stop getting confusing messages of those not reading.

All quantum thermodynamic principles need to be understood to understand how SNP and SAP's modulate pathways like COMT. COMT is wholly a light-dependent pathway........................Some of the nutrient depletions that I worry most about in people who live a light mismatched life are vitamin B6, BH4, tyrosine, and iodine. Methionine cycles link to the kinetics of the TCA and urea cycles and the amount of oxygen in our environment. The amount of oxygen is a function of how much UV light the skin and eye SENSE from the environment.

BH4 is part of the methylation pathways for neurotransmitters, like dopamine. COMT pathways are quite important for those with sleep disorders (bad autophagy and apoptosis) and low DHEA levels. People forget autophagy and apoptosis are the ONLY two self-regulatory change programs for mitochondria... DNA has a massively more complex and higher fidelity system. When sleep is poor it means so is autophagy and apoptosis. AM sunlight is what ruins sleep because this is how melatonin is made and melatonin is what controls the two mito programs via its ability to regulate mtDNA.

BH4 is needed to synthesize serotonin, dopamine, conversion of phenylalanine to tyrosine and language-related function (autism connection). The Vermont 2017 and 2018 talks really get into these aromatic amino acids and the QT series goes next level on this topic.

The A1298C mutation in the MTHFR gene may impact levels of BH4 when you are (-,-) and live in a shit environment for light.

Remember BH4 is a WATER soluble B like a vitamin so exogenous estrogens deplete BH4 too!!! the water it needs it DDW from the matrix made by what? Solar exposure. That is how redox is built.

Vitamin B6 is required for the production of serotonin and melatonin. QT series alert again. Serotonin gets converted to melatonin in the pineal gland in darkness, which is why a B6 deficiency MAY lead to sleep problems when you subtract sunlight.

Simultaneously IL −6 rises in the brain to destroy melatonin and DHEA signaling when the melanopsin system is altered to lower Vitamin A. Why? You cannot make melatonin or DHEA without Vitamin A because of the blue light hazard.

Here the B vitamins of the MTHFR pathways overlap with COMT pathways because of altered light we allow. Sleep problems in these women are often diagnosed and treated with Rx drugs when a B6 supplement is rarely effective when the AM sun is missing and the real cause of the problem. This is the biggest mistake I see in functional and allopathic medicine in women. Tyrosine, another aromatic amino acid is a precursor for the production of dopamine and norepinephrine, which are involved in a vast array of brain functions, including motivation, stress, cognition, and arousal.................all mass equivalence issues....................ALL have to be programmed by what to work? SUN.

That is what the QT series SAYS, especially QT #14 which is a gem.

Read the damn blogs and you'll stop getting fooled by marketers.

Brent Patrick and drezy like this.
  9. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi Jack,
    I have found the research you are refering to in your comment.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24065140

"CONCLUSIONS:
    Longitudinal research is needed to better understand the possible contributory role of menopause in lower melatonin levels."

Note "possible".
    Do you know if this longitudinal research is done?