1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How microwave energy heats water.

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by CindyB, Nov 10, 2013.

1. CindyB

CindyB Guest

Currently reading "Cross Currents" from Becker. He references a Scientific American article written for "The Amateur Scientist" column by Jearl Walker. Found the article on-line here:

http://jesseenterprises.net/amsci/1987/02/1987-02-fs.html

"THE SECRET OF A MICROWAVE oven's fast action is that water in the food rapidly absorbs the energy of the waves. At first thought this is surprising. In most cases where a material absorbs light or other types of electromagnetic radiation there must be a resonant match between the energy of the radiation and the energy changes possible in the atoms and molecules of the material. Water absorbs infrared radiation resonantly, but the frequency of microwaves is far too low for a resonant match. How, then, is energy transferred from the microwaves to the random thermal motion of the molecules of water? Several hypotheses I shall discuss represent a groping toward the answer. First one needs a bit of background on the physics of microwaves and the water molecule (H2O), consisting of two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen."​

Understanding how imparting (thermal) motion can happen with 2.45 GHz irradiation helps me understand how other frequencies (e.g. harmonics, et.al.) might impart change on cellular chemo-dynamics (e.g. diffusion, stearic hindrance, surface adhesion, etc.)

This jesseenterprises.net website is a treasure trove of articles explaining deep science to the amateur scientist. Fun!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

everything in that link is in the Thread I made this AM on biologic coherence in the doctors forum ironically. Must be quantum biology at work. I describe precise how it happens........