1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How long/day does it take to target your whole body with Sperti lamp?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by mbhemming, Nov 7, 2017.

1. mbhemming

mbhemming Gold

How long/day does it take to target your whole body with Sperti lamp?
  2. JanSz

JanSz Silver

I use Red Sperti.
    One turn of timer is 16 min.
    I do that every day from very close distance, sometimes touching lamp.
    8min back then front.
    Center of lamp is at the height of my navel.

It is good idea to check vit D levels after at least three months of such exposure.
    For me, in winter time that may not be enough.

seanb4 likes this.
  3. mbhemming

mbhemming Gold

@JanSz I would imagine that your navel area gets quite tanned and your legs are pale. Is that true?
  4. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Not really, I also use natural sunlight.

seanb4 and drezy like this.
  5. I do 20 minutes per session. The Dminder app has a Sperti option. It’s for the Vit D lamp but I think @JanSz and I have established that the Red provides just as much UVB as the Vit D - along with some UVA. The Dminder, given my skin type and exposure (naked), says I’m getting 2000 IU.

I do one session on most days. I rotate 90 degrees every 5 minutes. Each session I do a new level:
    1. Head/Chest
    2. Torso
    3. Upper Legs/Balls!
    4. Lower Legs/Feet

I was able to maintain vitamin D level at 53 ng/mL last winter - that’s down from 60 ng/mL going into the winter. I’m okay with that - it’s unsupplemented, I felt good, and my vitiligo continues to repigment. The tests are cheap so I recommend just doing tests to figure out what works for you.

I also have rigged up 4 NIR-A flood lights for simultaneous red/IR treatment. I open the window to keep the room cold during treatments.
    seanb4 likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Silver

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

too long to make it a habit. Go to the sun.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Both screen captures are at the surface of Red Sperti.
    Skin have to touch the lamp to get this exposure.

@Surya Namaskar

Question #1:
    At solar noon
    when sky is clear
    what latitude have this exposure
    in
    mid summer
    in

mid winter?

Question #2:
    How this current readings correspond with Red Sperti published data
    that is included in my post on PG/E2 ratio thread?
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-201738

171111_144134_screenshot[1].png

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

171111_144154_screenshot[1].png

=====================================================================
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  9. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Isn't the idea to irradiate the blood and have the RBCs carry the light to where it needs to go?

Think about were the Quantlet does it's thing . . . where the blood comes close to the surface . . . .
    WillTheHammer likes this.