1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How long before the CT-mayhem ends?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Glamorama, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Lyndra, sorry to hear you feel like you are going downhill, but I'm sure things are getting worked out in there for the best! Toxins must go out, right? Maybe your body is dumping estrogen and that's what's kicking up the hot flashes. I keep reading, increase your B vitamins for CT symptoms.

I am having similar issue with the wanting to eat thing. It's kind of like I feel like something is missing...my brain jumps in and tries to tell me that it is greek yogurt or something...LOL. Mamagrok just mentioned to someone else that if you aren't digesting and absorbing nutrients you can feel hungry. I take DGL but I'm going to try to add Betaine HCL. I also think that CT rewires the brain as well as everything else and sometimes it goes back to old patterns to un-do them. Or something.

Wish I was feeling more comfortable in the tub, that's for sure. 40 minutes is pretty hard for me and it takes me hours to warm up, so I think you're doing pretty great!

2. NO, but I do find myself doing deep breathing like I imagine the Lamaze coaches teach! LOL

3. YIPPEE! You go MamaGrok!

4. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Not sure mine is considered a grunt more like "holy s@&! This is a dumb a$$ thing to do!". Then when I get settled down in the water I'm ok unless i move and then it's a repeat of the earlier statement!:rolleyes:

5. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Thanks so much for the encouragement - that really helps! I started bioidentical hormones 2 months ago and I think the CT is complicating the process of getting the balance right. I talked to the doc today who said it could take 6 months to normalize. Oh my. Time to work on my patience...

6. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

My estradiol was a mess in the first 3 weeks of CT, it settled down with a bit of naturopathy and herbal supplements. I am much betetr now although my sleep is still patchy.

7. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Our diets are very similar but I eat a lot less carbs even in summer...now I know from Dr. K to eat with the season so I'll try a little fruit when it warms up here...we are headed toward summer in NY while you are headed toward winter. I can barely get to 30g carbs if I increase veggies. I started the Leptin reset in November and did it for 5 weeks with lots of the signs of LS but definitely not all of them (zero libido) and Dr. K suggested I was LS and should move on to post-Leptin reset, which I have been doing with some higher BAB days. I don't think I am LS though and I hope the CT helps. And I think my estrogen dominance was only slight about 5 years ago when I last tested and is probably worse now. I am so thankful for your post. I feel like a complete crazy woman and have been for awhile and what you describe is how I have been feeling: angry, depressed, I snap at the kids for the slightest thing, just horrible, I am outta my mind (and from NY :). I had no idea this could be ED. Where do I get the Metagenics Estrofactors? Are you still taking it? What is it? It really fixed the problem or are you hoping CT and Leptin will help even more? I love 85% chocolate, but 90% is great, too, and I recently tried 99% Lindt (not bad). I make my own with coconut oil, raw cacao, and stevia (melt it, mix, and freeze into chocolate). I also mostly grass-fed beef and raw salmon, some veggies, raw butter, coconut oil, eggs.

I am mess emotionally lately. Has anyone felt CT making them moodier, more emotional?

8. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Interesting, I feel like that as well...no hunger at all, appetite killed, but desire to eat and thoughts like I should eat. I am having a hard time with fatigue, too. Yoga class was very tough for me today and I haven't been working out as much at all...it's like my muscles ache and I'm tired easily. Even walking wasn't easy last week. Hope this is all for the good.

9. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Claudia, seems to me ED/excess estrogen is your problem. Metagenics is an American brand (as far as I know) so you should be able to find it over in US. But you do need to buy it off a naturopath or chiropractor etc. It contains turmeric and rosemary extract among other things, both very good at clearing the liver. It takes years to fix a sluggish liver, but I have had a big change recently... but I'll still have to pay extra attention to my liver-health for years to come,a nd probably use supplements like NAC and Vit C/B12/B6 to help myself along.

10. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

My water temp is 50 degrees and I too shake after about I dry off. I have learned to do some quick push ups, squats, etc. to stop the shakes. Works very well. This is the only exercise I get for now until my adrenals make some progress. Do you guys think that I am slowing my progress down by doing this to warm up since I am not extending the cold? Damn, I hope not.

Shijin, You have been doing this so long that how could you not be in ketosis? What is your carb status? Where's Jon? He could answer this in a heartbeat!

11. Ane

Ane New Member

Has anyone experienced a horrific headache? I have had one all day, and it does not feel muscular or sinuses. Maybe it's toxins? Here's to hoping. :eek:

12. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Not wqith CT but I have experienced horrid day-long headaches other times I've done detoxes! Its def a detox-thing. I think the reason i didn't get it with CT was because I've already detoxed out a lot of crap over the past 10 months through herbal supplements etc. Drinkw ater and rest, it passes in a day or two.

13. I had one of the worst headaches of my life yesterday. I felt like I couldn't think straight and was even nauseated from it for about an hour. It was terrible trying to keep up with my kids! Not sure if it was related to CT or not?

14. Ane

Ane New Member

Thanks Glam! I am painfully excited to detox. I will keep that secret to myself...my husband may have me committed if I tell him I am excited to have a horrific headache. :confused:

15. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I'm excited with you!

16. Lexi

Lexi New Member

Glamo, did you ever do milk thistle? if so as a comparison was the metagenics better?

17. Lexi

Lexi New Member

18. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I was going to buy it, as I've used it in the past! I didn't in the end, as the estrofactors was so efficient in cleaning up my system. I stillw ant to try it... I know myliver is still on the slower side.

19. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Thanks Glamorama, Is weight gain also a problem with ED? Or does weight gain make it worse? I'm still trying to figure out what happened to me in the last 8 months, gaining weight with TOM and have thought I have a thyroid issue but perhaps it's just the ED. Is there a connection with liver and ED? As far as sluggish liver doesn't detoxify as well and estrogen builds up? I use turmeric on my foods every day :), love it, but probably not enough. I'm going to a doc next week but not a naturopath or chiro, just regular doc that I found on paleophysician's network and is covered by my health insurance. I will look into finding the nature. or chiro that is covered by my insurance.

20. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Congrats on breaking the weight barrier!! I couldn't get my bath water lower than 59. I might have to start bringing in some bags of ice and throwing that in. Anyone actually put ice cubes in the water?