1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How long before the CT-mayhem ends?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Glamorama, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Claudia

Claudia New Member

It's probably colder as you move out into the water (where I would need to go to be submerged up to my head) so I'll have to try it and retest. The idea appeals to me more than sitting in my shallow tub. I'd love to be moving around swimming.

2. differentstory

differentstory New Member

OMG! So proud of you!!! Where do you live? I'll be right over. :)

3. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Long Island, New York. Come on over...would be better with company :).

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I suspect that Dr. K must be pretty proud of all of us. There certainly is no lack of trying and innovation on this forum. Everyone is so smart and dedicated to improving their health. It is so time consuming to keep on top of all of this and to figure it out and how to implement it in our personal lives and for our own health issues My head still hurts when I read Dr. K's blogs but I keep rereading and understand a little more each time. I think we are all amazing!!! We all deserve a big hug!

5. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Big hugs to all of us!:D

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I live 3 blocks from the ocean - still trying to get up the courage to jump in! [ getting in a bathing suit is probably the bigger issue!!!]

7. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Yup, group hug!!!!!

8. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

5 baths and 31 spot-CT sessions and I'm hacked... and did I mention the mayhem its been to get there? LOL

I notice I don't bleed for a couple of hours if I spot-CT, I've actually also had full nights of no bleeding on Chart day 2, which is unreal! I just don't like the idea of sitting in a bath rishing grossness. And I hate tampons.

9. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Cludia, I am estrogen dominant. For a while ther eit was quite horrific, the physical, but mostly mental changes I went through after Christmas really freaked me out. I went from happy and easy-going to a mental wreck, feeling near suicidal some days, and always down, angry and depressed. I was snappy, teary, suffered insomnia and tender breasts, bloating and my cycles got longer and longer. A blood test revealed high amounts of E2. Doc threw me a few pointers, and I managed to figure out what happend and hwo I got to that place healthwise. Basically I have always been higher in estrogen, its a family-thing. But since I've been burning off so much fat, it got to a point where my sluggish liver simply couldn't keep up with metabolizing all the extra estrogen from my fatty tissues, so all those hormones were floating around in my system instead. The blood test also revealed a fatty liver. I saw my naturopath, who put me on Metagenics Estrofactors for 3 weeks, and in that time I pretty much became myself again. The last 48 hours I've had yet another major shift in my physical wellbeing, in the right direction. I can tell my liver is actually working again, and my hormones are more balanced.

I did the reset from July-late August 2011. I'm now doing post-Rx protocol. Only done CT for a month and a bit... I eat according to fall, so my carbs are down from 6-80 grams daily to 30-50 grams now depending on the day. I get roughly 80-120 grams protein in a day (I am trying to build muscle, hence the high amount). I eat CO off a spoon (ca 2-3 tbs daily) and half a can of coconut milk daily.

I don't do dairy but I do 85 percent chcolate still... will stop this as it gets cooler and darker here. I also eat lots of fish and grass-fed beef. Never eat starchy carbs, I get my carbs from pure coconut water, a very occassional in-season piece of fruit, but mostly I fuel myself with protein and fats.

10. angieonthegogo

angieonthegogo New Member

I have some patches of hives too. I couldn't figure out where the H they came from but now that you all are talking about them it makes sense. I woke up the following morning after a long CT bath session and little sleep. They itched and slightly hurt (from itching I'm sure) but are almost gone now. Will see if they come back after tonights session. Glad I'm not going mad from all of this cold exposure! :)

My face and arms have totally broken out in acne and blemishes too. This is unlike me. I can't wait for this hormone mayhem to be over! Have a feeling it is going to get worse before it gets better but I'm full steam ahead.

11. angieonthegogo

+1! Agreed!

12. angieonthegogo

So awesome you are cold-adapted now, a great milestone on the path to optimal! Sign me up. :)

13. differentstory

ROUGH NIGHT last night! I am in the full throes of hormones right now. I ended up doing CT yesterday in the afternoon and had to take a nap afterwards because I was so tired. Water was 62 degrees and I was able to fill the bathtub all the way up to right under by bra (left it on to keep the girls out of it). Stayed in the bath an hour. So I really pushed myself thanks to others on the forum. Yay, me.

My sleep, though, was bad. . .filled with constant dreaming and I kept waking up. . .I kept having the craziest dreams about learning that other people were finding that red bell peppers make you lose weight. :) I was also INCREDIBLY grumpy last night.

14. Adriana

Adriana New Member

I've been doing CT about a week. Within days I popped a nasty zit on my chin, totally uncommon for me except when I supplemented with DHEA. Then today's delightfull surprise...How about vaginal bleeding 8 years post menopause!!! Aaargh, sent me raiding my daughter's bathroom for tampons left when she went off to college. My research says estrogen has been liberated, messing up my hormonal status and sloughing of the vaginal lining.

My quandry - I'm scheduled to have my quarterly BHRT status tested in a month. Will this craziness be flushed out of my system for my doc to get a good reading or am I wasting my time and should postpone testing for another month?

15. differentstory

I would postpone if I were you. That is so crazy that you started your "period"!! I stopped getting mine (I am 34) so I have been on a quest to get my health back on track. So, the day I get mine will be a happy day! I am very jealous right now. :)

16. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Those labs sure would be interesting, but I doubt they'd be useful for purposes of re-evaluating BHRT. OTOH, it's very possible you could be through with the craziness by then ... or not!

My CT craziness du jour is that I'm FREEZING an hour after taking an hour-long bath where I could only get the water down to 66 degrees, even with ice, ice packs, & 5 gallons of refrigerated water. Of course, I didn't wear gloves or socks this time, and it was LONG after my last meal, so it's probably all my fault, lol.

OTOH, I broke a long-standing weight barrier, so YIPPEE!!

17. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

So does anyone else get to the point, while shivering, that you grunt involuntarily? It almost feels like what happens in labor to me, where you really have to control the effort not to grunt, and when it comes out, it creates a (temporary, till it builds up again), senses of relief.

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

My water temp comes out btwn 56-58 degrees... What's crazy is it no longer bothers me in the tub... its when I get out and dry off that the chills/shakes start... not quite CT adapted yet...still have to keep working on it... I've also been check my ketosis status... and In the am I'm not in ketosis...but by the afternoon I am... I'm wondering if the protein I'm eating is turning into gluclose??? of if a small amt of veggies is kicking me out???

19. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I seem to be going downhill now after 14 days of cold baths. Sleep has been bad for months but now is getting worse with hot flashes waking me every 1-2 hours. I went to the gym yesterday and strength was down substantially from last week. I had trouble completing an easy bike ride today.

Oddest thing - physically, I am not hungry between meals but mentally, I just want to eat. I don't have cravings per se, nothing sounds interesting, but my head is telling me I should be eating. Maybe the brain recognizes that the CT is changing WAT into BAT and thinks I need to refuel, but the body is cold adapting and doesn't want food. Strange.

At least I am feeling more comfortable in the tub, only getting cold after about 40 minutes and warming up in about 20 minutes afterwards. Getting through this adaptation is tough.

20. Coriander

Coriander Silver

You made me LOL! You're naked, you're shivering, and now you're grunting. Mama Grok indeed!

I know the in-labour grunting that you mention, but I haven't felt that when shivering.